A Course in Miracles L e s s o n 48: There is nothing to fear.
1 The idea for today simply states a fact. It is not a fact to those who believe in illusions, but illusions are not facts. In truth there is nothing to fear. It is very easy to recognize this. But it is very difficult to recognize for those who want illusions to be true.
2 Today’s practice periods will be very short, very simple, and very frequent. Merely repeat the idea as often as possible. You can use it with your eyes open at any time and in any situation. It is strongly recommended, however, that you take a minute or so whenever possible to close your eyes and repeat the idea slowly to yourself several times. It is particularly important that you use the idea immediately should anything disturb your peace of mind.
3 The presence of fear is a sure sign that you are trusting in your own strength. The awareness that there is nothing to fear shows that somewhere in your mind, not necessarily in a place which you recognize as yet, you have remembered God and let His strength take the place of yours. The instant you are willing to do this there is indeed nothing to fear. ~ Original Hand Script of ACIM
Thought for Today 2.17.15 February 17, 2015
A Course in Miracles L e s s o n 48: There is nothing to fear.
Thought for Today 1.25.15 January 25, 2015
Being Real means Knowing our True Self… not just the masks we try on… What mask are you willing to drop today so you can have a life where you allow your Self to be free to know and Love YOU… “The world I see holds nothing I want” ACIM Lesson 128
Thought for Today 8.5.14 August 5, 2014
I call it the ‘grievance grind’ – it is when you get really pissed off and you mentally rehearse your justification for the grievance. You carefully choose every word to vengefully inflict guilt and pain on another, and you run it over and over again in your mind – the grievance grind. This is madness. You are hurting yourself – drinking poison hoping that someone else will die. For your own sake, try to get in touch with a little willingness to let it go. Pray for help. ~ Thanks Benny
Thought for Today 7.31.14 July 31, 2014
Happy July 1st Thought for Today July 1, 2014
“To be deeply loved, means a willingness to cut yourself wide open, exposing your vulnerabilities… hopes, hurts, fears and flaws. Hiding behind the highlight reel of who you are, is the real you and that person is just as worthy of love. There is nothing more terrifying or fulfilling, than complete love, it’s worth the risk… reach for it.” ~ Jaeda DeWalt
Thought for Today 4.11.14 April 11, 2014
“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ~ Joseph Campbell.
What happens when I let go of that plan? The higher Self steps in and runs the show quite nicely and effortlessly Thank You HS…
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 11.21.13 November 21, 2013
1. What you focus on will manifest. What you resist will persist because you are focusing on it. If you try to solve problems by focusing on them you will likely be perpetuating them. A good way to deal with problems is to trust in, and expect, a miracle. And then stop focusing on them. Trust is the operative factor. If there is something you need to do, you will be told and/or gently lead. Another way to deal with problems is to recognize that you have no problems.
2. We are manifesting things and experiences all of the time. That’s what dreamers do. Most of it is by default. Our fears, judgments, guilt and grievances have been a part of us for so long that we are not aware of what our minds are doing and manifesting. It takes some willingness and vigilance to become aware and to change these default settings. Some of these weeds must be pulled if we would experience gentler more loving dreams
3. Few people can grasp the Truth as it really is. They grasp it intellectually, but when it is grasped in the Heart or It grasps you in the Heart, then It grasps you so fully that there are no longer two. There is no ‘you’ and It, there is only Truth. Truth suffocates the ego.
The grip of God suffocates the ego. It cannot breathe, and merges into the One. ~ Mooji
4. Everything I GIVE, I GIVE to myself… There is only One. And One is NOT TWO… Outside of me there is nothing. As I see another I see myself. Having rests on me giving. I am the only one that can deprive myself. Whatever I am experiencing I have asked for, and I am doing it to myself. And when I have had enough suffering I will learn to be patient, kind, gentle, merciful and forgiving…. And remember the ego is reading this stuff too, it will use this to induce GUILT, IF I AM RESPONSIBLE, I MUST BE GUILTY… NOPE, not one word of that is True, I am 100% responsible, and 100% INNOCENT at the same time… I CAN CHANGE MY MIND AT ANY TIME…
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 9.10.13 September 10, 2013
1. The willingness to tell the truth about who you are is the willingness to no longer be a victim—regardless of pain, circumstances, or the real horror that occurs in the world. It doesn’t mean you trivialize or deny it. It means you are encouraged to meet fully the experience of whatever appears. You do not have to hide or run; you do not have to justify. You just meet it. To be willing to be annihilated by it is the willingness to discover directly what can never be annihilated. ~ Gangaji
2. We effort (try) to address our problem in the hopes of happiness
It does not occur to us that the playing with problems IS the problem
It does not occur to us that happiness is bound to unhappiness
It does not occur to us that real Awakening is not dependent on happiness
it does not occur to us that real Awakening is not about addressing problems
It is such magic and amazement that even while we live and change as people
we are utterly free of problem orientation. ~ Sage Lee
3. The problem is not the problem; the problem is your attitude about the problem. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow
4. Today We Affirm: Love and Joy are the guiding forces of my life.
I need do nothing to force anything happen for the Divine Plan of my life operates through attraction, not promotion.
I follow the Call to Joy instead of the drive of ambition. My vibration is clear, strong and alive with prospering power.
I listen to the Guidance of the still small Voice and I know that God is on the Field.
Today I am walking through the open doors as I recognize that right where I am, God is, and all is well. ~ Jacob Glass
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 8.23.13 August 23, 2013
1. Breaking the Cycle of Violence:
If you are triggered by someone, acknowledge your reactivity. Don’t react and attack. Don’t blame. Don’t project.
Don’t try to make someone else responsible for what you are thinking or feeling.
Own your thoughts and feelings totally. Say “This is about me, not about you.
This is what is happening for me right now.” That is how the cycle of violence is broken. ~ Everyday Wisdom by Paul Ferrini
2. A willingness to be open to the Light that shows us a different way of seeing comes from recognizing that we do not know.
3. Today We Affirm:
I have two worlds to choose from each moment. I can choose the nightmare or the happy dream. In my happy dream I walk about the world giving my attention to all that vibrates with the love frequency. Everywhere I go, I see evidence of the goodness, kindness and generosity of people – the whole world is my community, my family. I am falling in love with humanity and my heart is melting with joy. Love rises up to greet me today as I walk the streets of the happy dream. ~ Jacob Glass
4. There is a sorting out that is necessary, and it can be confrontational. This is where we enter the temple and the tables of the money changers are sent flying, and the place is swept clean. It is all about the healing of the mind and the angst that is sometimes felt when our thoughts and values are sorted out – when the Truth comes to stand where there were only lies before.
5. There is the most fabulous thing that happens when we decide to be responsible for our own happiness …. we can have as much as we want…
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 3.5.13 March 5, 2013
1. If there still appears to be anyone outside of you then your mind still needs healing.
2. Enlightenment or awakening, whatever you want to call it, can be accepted by you at this very moment. It is yours. It is what you are. It is not about something to be achieved in some distant future. It is about accepting a more expansive, loving and aware version of you now. You are that inclusive love and awareness. This moment is the only time that it can be accepted and known.
3. You are wealthy beyond measure, and you are the only one that can possibly deprive yourself of anything. Understand, however, that Love is all there is. Love is all that you can give and all that you can receive. And the more you give the more you have. In fact, your having Love rests on giving Love.
4. In order to forgive I am going to have to have the willingness to ask for help that I might see and understand differently – that I might see that there is nothing to forgive. There is an awakened part of my mind that already knows this. It is that knowingness that I come into alignment with when I ask for help. ~ Thanks Benny!!
5. The Truth is – I have Never been abandoned, even though I cannot always hear the Voice that is guiding me home. I am created by Love in every second. We all are, as are the planets and the starts. So, what is there to fear? ~ Oriah Mountain Dreamer