1. Any story that we tell about ourselves is food for the ego. There IS NO Authentic “story”.
2. “Self-hate is based on the premise that underneath is self-love. Self-hate comes from the idea that we have somehow fallen short of the Love that we are.” – Dalai Lama
I was floored by this one, how common-sensical! How obvious!–I hate myself when I go against the Love that I am. I go against the Love that I am when I buy into the negative false beliefs my ego holds.
So how do I get back to the Love that I am? I get to know, and then undo, the negative beliefs I hold, then, one by one, bit by bit, step by step, I will uncover that Love.
3. Laughter, affection, kindness, joy, exercise, self-care, sharing are all ways to feed our hearts and to reverse heart dis-ease. ~ Jacob Glass
4. Just a re-minder…. Be Aware of the temptation to blame, judge, condemn, and attack. To compare and compete. To correct or try to fix our brother. That’s not our job. Forgive and ask for help to see the Christ in the “other”. Greet each “other” with a smile. Treat each “other” as you would want to be treated. Love one another. Let this be the essence of our Spiritual practice, for it is only our Self that we meet and it is our Self that we would find and know. Everything I GIVE, I GIVE to myself… IF I don’t like what I am GETTING, I can look at what I AM GIVING…
5. “When you meet anyone, remember it is a holy (Wholly) encounter. As you see him you will see yourself. As you treat him you will treat yourself. As you think of him you will think of yourself. Never forget this, for in him you will find yourself or lose yourself.” ~ A Course In Miracles