The pure Self alone is. It is timeless and unchanging. It is what we truly are. Removing the mask of personal identity, this liberating Truth becomes spontaneously known inside the Heart. ~ Mooji
Thought for Today 6.30.14 June 30, 2014
“Our emotional state is attributed to events, people and situations outside of ourselves that we blame for how we are feeling. The truth is we have set up specifics in our lives to address our need to have something or someone to blame instead of taking responsibility for how we feel.” ~ Sarah Huemmert
Thought for Today 5.13.14 May 13, 2014
It is going to take a miracle because you are the self that keeps you from knowing your Self. Everything you do to further support, assert and defend your self only serves to make knowing your Self seem even more difficult. So it is not the seeking but the miracle that reveals the Truth. And it is the intention, wanting, yearning and commitment of the seeker that makes way for the miracle.
Thought for Today 4.23.14 April 23, 2014
Standing for Truth without Attacking Others:
Standing up for truth is a forceful act, but it should not be a violent one.
There will be times when you must stand up for yourself and for others who are being mistreated.
You cannot live your life in a state of fear, cowering in a corner while others make decisions for you.
You must stand up and be counted. However, you can and should do this without attacking others.
It is important to stand up for the truth. However, if you don’t stand in a loving way, it is not truth that you stand for.
From Everyday Wisdom by Paul Ferrini
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 3.22.14 March 22, 2014
1. Form is not a constant but a result. Form is the result of belief. – ACOL
2. Nothing in the world can bother you as much as your own mind, I tell you. In fact, others seem to be bothering you, but it’s not others, it is your mind. ~ Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
3. You have more harmony points with every person on the planet than you have disharmony points, because there is much more of you that is in harmony with your Core than you realize or that most of you allow. The closer you come to being in harmony with your Source Energy, the more in harmony you are with each other. When you think about other people and what they think of you, do you understand that what they think of you has very little to do with what you are? It has mostly to do with the habits of thought that they have developed. It has more to do with them as thinkers than it does with you as the subject of their thought. If nothing is more important to you than that you feel good, you can form a fantasy about someone who is in your life and they will begin to modify to meet your fantasy, because Law of Attraction is a very powerful thing. ~ Abraham-Hicks
4. There are two things that other people can’t and won’t live up to: YOUR VALUES AND YOUR FANTASIES Don’t fall into the illusion that anyone else is obligated to live according to what’s important to you in any way or at any time, even when they say they intend to. If they do, be grateful. BUT if they don’t, be unsurprised; they’re just being true to themselves and making decisions accordingly.” The Heart of Love by Dr John Demartini
5. From A YEAR OF MIRACLES: I AM OPEN TO THINGS BEING DIFFERENT THAN THEY WERE. Nothing needs to be as it was. The first step in creating the new is dropping the notion that what already exists is inevitable going forward . Today I am open to new possibilities, allowing the universe to move through me in creating new patterns of goodness for myself and others. I will not hold on to thoughts that bind me to the limits of my past.
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 3.7.14 March 7, 2014
1. “Faith includes noticing the mess, the emptiness and discomfort, and letting it be there until some light returns.” ~ Anne Lamott
2. If we undo the ego, we’ll end up enjoying our life more, not less. That’s because there’s less unconscious guilt in our mind, and if we feel less guilty we enjoy everything more, and I do mean everything. So always remember, it’s not against any rules to have a good time.
3. Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservation. ~ Elton Trueblood
4. Dedicate yourself to the good you deserve and desire for yourself. Give yourself peace of mind. You deserve to be happy. You deserve delight. ~ Mark Victor Hansen
Thoughts and Quotes on Enlightenment and illusion for Today 2.23.14 February 23, 2014
1. My speaking is meant to shake you awake, not to tell you how to dream better. – Adyashanti
2. If you see the illusion you are enlightened, but if you think that you are enlightened, you are in the illusion. – Papaji
3. Truth is not just about what we say…it is the realization that what we’ve created, individually or collectively, is illusion. As we awaken, truth gets revealed to us…It sometimes rocks our “here and now” existence, creates feelings of pain or loss in the moment…but it also sets us free. When we free ourselves from the illusions, we can return to our own power.
4. Do not think that enlightenment is going to make you special, it’s not. If you feel special in any way, then enlightenment has not occurred. I meet a lot of people who think they are enlightened and awake simply because they have had a very moving spiritual experience. They wear their enlightenment on their sleeve like a badge of honor. They sit among friends and talk about how awake they are while sipping coffee at a cafe. The funny thing about enlightenment is that when it is authentic, there is no one to claim it. Enlightenment is very ordinary; it is nothing special. Rather than making you more special, it is going to make you less special. It plants you right in the center of a wonderful humility and innocence. Everyone else may or may not call you enlightened, but when you are enlightened the whole notion of enlightenment and someone who is enlightened is a big joke. I use the word enlightenment all the time; not to point you toward it but to point you beyond it. Do not get stuck in enlightenment. – Adyashanti
5. Today We Affirm: In my world, there is magic even in the mundane. I am not looking for special people or special moments. This moment is enough and I am sufficient for the moment. By Grace, I see my world with loving gentle eyes and I allow myself to be just as I am, and just as I am not. Therefore, I release all others to be just as they are. I will not push or bully myself today but instead I walk with the Mighty Ones Who guide me down the gentle paths of freedom, love and peace. ~ Jacob Glass