“Teaching is done in many ways, above all by example. Teaching should be healing, because it is the sharing of ideas and the recognition that to share ideas is to strengthen them. I cannot forget my need to teach what I have learned, which arose in me because I learned it. I call upon you to teach what you have learned, because by so doing you can depend on it.” ~ ACIM (5-IV-5)
Thought for Today 7.18.14 July 21, 2014
Now is the only Time there is: Every moment contains all other moments. That is why the central teaching of all traditions is to claim our awareness in this moment. This moment may be only one point on the circle, but any point will do.
Any point is the alpha and omega. A special time or place is not needed. Here is the only place there is. Now is the only time. To be present with what is here and now is your only responsibility. ~ Everyday Wisdom by Paul Ferrini
Thought for Today 7.13.14 July 13, 2014
The romance has died and the promise of special love has crashed and burned. It always does. Now that same relationship that had the purpose of supporting and glorifying the ego becomes a major force in undoing the ego. Learning and forgiveness opportunities abound. Now, instead of the relationship teaching you that you are separate and special, you can learn that you are one – that you but do a dance with your Self. As you recognize the inclusive oneness of love, your relationship stops being exclusive and becomes a phenomenal teaching accomplishment. ~ Benny
Thought for Today 4.21.14 April 21, 2014
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 3.27.14 March 27, 2014
1. “I’d rather let my spirit fly free, than be caged by religion. Become a Buddha not a Buddhist; become a Christ not a Christian. One implies an awakened state of consciousness, the other a dogmatic approach to life.”God” is too big for one religion. Love & quantum physics are my religion. At one level, all religious traditions have the same aim—to transform the individual into a positive being. I love Jesus, I love Shiva, I love Krishna, I love Buddha. All rivers lead to the same ocean. “I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us.” ~ John Lennon
2. Relationship works best when you recognize that it is just you doing a dance with yourself. The more you give, the more you get, and the only thing that can be lacking is the love you fail to give. The more angry and upset you get, the more angry and upset the other gets. The more loving and peaceful you get the more loving and peaceful the other gets. And what you see in the other you strengthen in yourself because that is what you are focusing on. And I am always in relation with the self. so, which self am I relating to? the small ‘s’ self or the Authentic ‘S’ Self?
3. Today, practice stepping back from a situation where you are deeply attached, where your heart races or your palms are sweating up a storm. Think about how trivial this incident is from the broad perspective of your True and Authentic Self. It really does not matter all that much. Go within. Allow Faith to move your Spirit in the direction you WANT not the direction you fear…
4. The romance has died and the promise of special love has crashed and burned. It always does. Now that same relationship that had the purpose of supporting the ego becomes a major force in undoing the ego. Learning and forgiveness opportunities abound. Now, instead of the relationship teaching you that you are separate and special, you can learn that you are one. As you recognize the all-inclusive oneness of love, your relationship becomes a phenomenal teaching accomplishment.
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 3.3.14 March 3, 2014
1. The middle way is like being in the world but not of it. We are no longer deceived by any of it. We no longer feel threatened, defensive or fearful. We do not judge or give meaning to the seeming drama. We may appear to participate but we are not concerned about results. We smile a lot more, and our Light blesses the world. Yet, all the while, absolutely nothing disturbs our peace.
2. What’s wrong with being a people pleaser? I love treating others as I would like to be treated. But IF people pleasing is motivated by fear and/or a need for others to like and validate us, then we’re coming from the wrong place. There is nothing wrong with being a people pleaser, but it should be Joyful and about giving (giving and receiving being the same, ie feels the same), not a sacrifice that is about giving to getting. (note to self, if giving feels better than getting then I need to look at my motives… if I don’t like what I am getting, I must look at what I am giving, and it might not be in the same area, I could be giving “shit” to someone in my mind and then see someone giving ME “shit” later in the day… Everything I give, I give to myself)
3. Opening the Door to Love: Don’t worry about how long your relationship is going to last. Just give it your best energy and attention. Experience as much joy as you can with your partner. Learn as much as you can from the painful times. Do your best to be honest and clear with each other. Stretch your comfort zones a little. Be flexible and constructive. Be the first to yield and to bless. Give without worrying about what you are going to get back.
Don’t be full of pride, but admit your faults and mistakes. Don’t be ashamed or apologetic. Have the courage to be yourself. You will never be perfect in your ability to give or receive love. Don’t try to be. Each day, just be willing to learn something about yourself and your partner. That way, little by little, the door to love will continue to open. ~ Paul Ferrini
4. Connecting to Love: When you enter a beautiful forest, you do not say “only the birch trees are beautiful” or “the maples are better than the oaks.” You admire the beauty and diversity of all the trees in the forest. People who think their religion is better than other religions are missing the beauty of diversity. Each religion has a unique character that enables it to speak to certain people and not to others. If we don’t respect other traditions, we will weaken our own. Our narrowness and prejudice will be obvious to all who listen to us. Only by treating people of other faiths with love and acceptance will we give our tradition a good name. Indeed, only by connecting to the core teaching of Love within our tradition can we pass that teaching on to our children. A barren tree will make no fruit. A religion that does not help its followers connect to love will not prosper. ~ Paul Ferrini
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 1.1.14 January 1, 2014
1. The secret of change is to focus all of your Energy, not on fighting the old, but on Building the New! ~ Socrates
2. “Do you want to know what my secret is? I don’t mind what happens.” ~ Krishnamurti.
Now, that may sound like indifference which is not the purpose of forgiveness. I look forward to whatever ‘happens’ as everything brings me a gift of healing. Absolutely everything is gift wrapped for me. I may not like the wrapping or the situation or person presenting the gift, but there always is a gift in the wrapping… There is a difference between not minding and not caring. It’s not that I don’t care, but I don’t mind….
3. Teaching to a split mind is pretty much a bad news good news situation. The bad news is that there is no hope of US finding peace and love here. It gets worse. We are synonymous with ‘here.’ The good news is that as we awaken ‘here’ changes. It gets better. When we come to know thy Self there is no ‘here.’ There is only the Love and Peace that we have always been.
4. Today we Affirm: Guided by Spirit and encouraged by Love, we are writing a brand new story for a better world. Embrace the gift of each day with passion and purpose. We allow our magnificent Light to shine brightly. We hold the intention to Love our Self, one another and the Universe.
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 9.7.13 September 7, 2013
1. This photo made me smile today so I am sharing my Smile with you all… Share your smile today…
2. “Anything you want to ask a teacher, ask yourself, and wait for the answer in silence.” ~ Byron Katie
3. HELP WANTED: LIGHT OF THE WORLD! No application necessary. Simply remove all of the blocks to the awareness of the Love that you ARE, and then begin immediately – extend Love and Light to everyone, without exception, without judging and without holding any of it back. Bring the dead back to Life, heal and help without necessarily saying a word. Pay and benefits include ever increasing joy without limit.
Note: this is also a teaching position. One teaches, above all else, by example. As LIGHT OF THE WORLD you will be preparing others to also fill the position.
4. Claim what is yours….. that would be everything….
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 3.11.13 March 11, 2013
1. ”I have spent long hours pondering my work in the world, trying to decide what to do with my life that will make the greatest contribution. And each time I go to the Grandmothers, the elders in my dreams who have been my teachers for so many years, questioning if I should teach or write or do something entirely different, their gentle but adamant response is always the same: “It doesn’t matter Oriah. It doesn’t matter WHAT you do. What matters is HOW you do whatever you choose to do.” ~ Oriah Mountain Dream from “The Dance”
2. If we knew who walks beside us, we would never feel alone, and we would know that there is nothing to fear. The idea that we are being watched over and cared for is a good teaching. It is my experience that this is True.
3. All fear is gone and each moment is totally acceptable when you see that you never stand to gain or lose anything.
4. ”They say there is a doorway from heart to heart, but what is the use of a door when there are no walls?” ~ Rumi