Today is the last day of this year of your life. This year will never come again. Bow as this teacher exits. It has laced your challenges with soul gifts. Set you up for true joy. Brought you to new vows. The more you find gratitude for the year that has been, the more you will delight in the one that arrives. ~ Tama Kieves
An Invitation for the New Year 12.27.14 December 27, 2014
Starting January 1, 2015… I will be “Teaching” and DOING the A Course In Miracles Workbook of 365 Lesson.. I have created a Private (Secret) Facebook Page for anyone who would care to “JOIN” US… If you would like to JOIN in, please send me an email… I have asked everyone “joining” to please read the section in the ACIM book “Manual for Teachers” below is the “Introduction” and on the FB page I have added the entire section so you can read it if you don’t have the book… It is also online and I have provided the link on the FB page as well
The role of teaching and learning is actually reversed in the thinking of the world. The reversal is characteristic. It seems as if the teacher and the learner are separated, the teacher giving something to the learner rather than to himself. Further, the act of teaching is regarded as a special activity, in which one engages only a relatively small proportion of one’s time. The course, on the other hand, emphasizes that to teach is to learn, so that teacher and learner are the same. It also emphasizes that teaching is a constant process; it goes on every moment of the day, and continues into sleeping thoughts as well.
To teach is to demonstrate. There are only two thought systems, and you demonstrate that you believe one or the other is true all the time. From your demonstration others learn, and so do you. The question is not whether you will teach, for in that there is no choice. The purpose of the course might be said to provide you with a means of choosing what you want to teach on the basis of what you want to learn. You cannot give to someone else, but only to yourself, and this you learn through teaching. Teaching is but a call to witnesses to attest to what you believe. It is a method of conversion. This is not done by words alone. Any situation must be to you a chance to teach others what you are, and what they are to you. No more than that, but also never less.
The curriculum you set up is therefore determined exclusively by what you think you are, and what you believe the relationship of others is to you. In the formal teaching situation, these questions may be totally unrelated to what you think you are teaching. Yet it is impossible not to use the content of any situation on behalf of what you really teach, and therefore really learn. To this the verbal content of your teaching is quite irrelevant. It may coincide with it, or it may not. It is the teaching underlying what you say that teaches you. Teaching but reinforces what you believe about yourself. Its fundamental purpose is to diminish self-doubt. This does not mean that the self you are trying to protect is real. But it does mean that the self you think is real is what you teach.
This is inevitable. There is no escape from it. How could it be otherwise? Everyone who follows the world’s curriculum, and everyone here does follow it until he changes his mind, teaches solely to convince himself that he is what he is not. Herein is the purpose of the world. What else, then, would its curriculum be? Into this hopeless and closed learning situation, which teaches nothing but despair and death, God sends His teachers. And as they teach His lessons of joy and hope, their learning finally becomes complete.
Except for God’s teachers there would be little hope of salvation, for the world of sin would seem forever real. The self-deceiving must deceive, for they must teach deception. And what else is hell? This is a manual for the teachers of God. They are not perfect, or they would not be here. Yet it is their mission to become perfect here, and so they teach perfection over and over, in many, many ways, until they have learned it. And then they are seen no more, although their thoughts remain a source of strength and truth forever. Who are they? How are they chosen? What do they do? How can they work out their own salvation and the salvation of the world? This manual attempts to answer these questions.
Thought for Today 5.5.14 May 5, 2014
Whenever we manage to Love without expectations, calculations, negotiations, we are indeed in Heaven. ~ Rumi
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 11.4.13 November 4, 2013
1. It’s one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it’s another to think yours is the only path. ~Paulo Coelho
2. “Ask not of yourself what you need, for you do not know and your advice to yourself will hurt you. For what you think you need will merely serve to tighten up your world against the light, and render you unwilling to question the value that this world can really hold for you.” -ACIM
3. “I want only the Peace of God (Divine Love)”, to say these words is one thing, to actually MEAN them would be EVERYTHING…
4. The radical teaching of my teacher and his teacher is that immediately, at any time, you can stop and recognize that everything that you want is already here. It’s already available. It’s yours for free. It is who you ARE. Without our “stories” of littleness…
5. “Everything changes when you start to emit your own frequency rather than absorbing the frequencies around you, when you start imprinting your intent on the universe rather than receiving an imprint from existence.” ~ Barbara Marciniak
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 10.6.13 October 6, 2013
1. “To be your Self in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. As soon as we recognize our mistake, we have begun to correct it. To see the mistake means we have become willing to admit responsibility and allowed our mind to start to heal from the error.
3. If we look closely, we will see that most of the judgments we have don’t really make US happy anyway!!!
4. “At any moment, you have a choice, that either leads you closer to your spirit or further away from it. Letting go gives us freedom, and freedom is the only condition for happiness. If, in our heart, we still cling to anything – anger, anxiety, or possessions – we cannot be free.” ~Thich Nhat Hanh~
5. “Give us permission through you, to have a flaw. When you hide your flaws, you teach us to do that. We are waiting for one teacher, just one, to give us permission to be who we are now, so that we can all come to know that that’s what is normal for us. You appear as this now, that is such a gift to give. The pain is in withholding it. Who else is going to give us permission to be free, if not you? Do it for your own sake, and we will follow. We’re a reflection of your thinking, and when you free yourself, we all get free.” Byron Katie.
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 9.28.13 September 28, 2013
1. To undo one belief is to undo thousands of years of time. ~ Byron Katie
2. How I wish to see any situation often becomes what I see. It is either with the mind of Love, or I allow fear to lead me. We are always giving meaning to the world we see…
3. While I do what I LOVE, financial abundance flows through me.
4. Our teacher will meet us wherever we think we are and set the bar a reachable distance above that point. More often than not our greatest teacher is our daily life.
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 9.21.13 September 21, 2013
1. Life is Our Teacher: Life is our teacher and we can learn from whatever life brings us. Of course, when life asks us to go deeper in our journey of understanding and compassion, we don’t always want to do it. We are satisfied with the level that we have. But we can’t ignore our marching orders when we get them, We don’t get to say “no” to what life asks from us. The healing and redemptive power of experience lies in its ability to help us access and give birth to the deepest part of ourselves. That is why spiritual challenges are a necessary part of our growth. ~ Paul Ferrini
2. We can replace pain with laughter and joy; exchange feeling weighed down with a lightness of being. The purpose of Byron Katie’s Work is freedom: freedom for us all…
3. “Life is simple. Everything happens for you, not to you. Everything happens at exactly the right moment, neither too soon nor too late. You don’t have to like it… it’s just easier if you do. Nothing comes ahead of its time, and nothing ever happened that didn’t need to happen- Life doesn’t happen to us, it happens for us!.
Until we know that death is as good as life, and that it always comes in its own sweet way, we’re going to take on the role of God without the awareness of it, and it’s always going to hurt. Whenever you mentally oppose what is, you’re going to experience sadness and apparent separation. There’s no sadness without a story.
What is is. You are it. Taking on the role of “God” means that we step into the identity of the wise one, that one who knows what should happen, and so we try to control things, out of this “I-know” mind. We think that we know what is best for the people we love and for ourselves. We oppose reality, and whenever we do, it hurts. We believe our thought that death is a bad thing, we are sad or angry when someone we love dies, and we are afraid of dying ourselves. This is the “I-know” mind, pure arrogance, the sufferer. Just keep coming home to yourself and watch what happens in reality, just for fun.” – Byron Katie