A Course in Miracles L e s s o n 48: There is nothing to fear.
1 The idea for today simply states a fact. It is not a fact to those who believe in illusions, but illusions are not facts. In truth there is nothing to fear. It is very easy to recognize this. But it is very difficult to recognize for those who want illusions to be true.
2 Today’s practice periods will be very short, very simple, and very frequent. Merely repeat the idea as often as possible. You can use it with your eyes open at any time and in any situation. It is strongly recommended, however, that you take a minute or so whenever possible to close your eyes and repeat the idea slowly to yourself several times. It is particularly important that you use the idea immediately should anything disturb your peace of mind.
3 The presence of fear is a sure sign that you are trusting in your own strength. The awareness that there is nothing to fear shows that somewhere in your mind, not necessarily in a place which you recognize as yet, you have remembered God and let His strength take the place of yours. The instant you are willing to do this there is indeed nothing to fear. ~ Original Hand Script of ACIM
Thought for Today 2.17.15 February 17, 2015
A Course in Miracles L e s s o n 48: There is nothing to fear.
Thought for Today 2.2.15 February 2, 2015
Thought for Today 1.4.15 January 4, 2015
“Teaching is done in many ways, above all by example. Teaching should be healing, because it is the sharing of ideas and the recognition that to share ideas is to strengthen them. I cannot forget my need to teach what I have learned, which arose in me because I learned it. I call upon you to teach what you have learned, because by so doing you can depend on it.” ~ ACIM (5-IV-5)
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 9.20.13 September 20, 2013
1. Realizing Perfection: Perfection is never about the past or the future. It is always and only about now. You are perfect right now regardless of what you are thinking and feeling, regardless of your perceived problems or unfinished business. You are perfect no matter how many mistakes you think you have made. There is nothing you have thought, felt or done that prevents you from realizing your perfection right here and right now. The question is: are you willing to see it? Are you wiling to see yourself as God sees you? ~ Paul Ferrini
2. Everything you need to fulfill your destiny was with you at the moment before, during, and after your conception–so retreat to that knowledge now. Trust in the infinite wisdom that created you. ~ Wayne Dyer
3. The ideal relationship is not a matter of one being dependent upon the other to get something. It is when two or more come together for the increased joy of sharing what each already has and is. And love is all there is. Love and joy are a package deal. You cannot have one without the other, and both are increased when shared.
4. Say what you will, it is what you do that attests to what you truly believe. The good news is that Truth will be true regardless of what you believe. The bad news is, you can believe in what is not true and it will seem very real and true to you.
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 9.19.13 September 19, 2013
1. Usually when we are sad it is because we are focusing on the exclusive story of little you, rather than on the magnitude of the inclusive wholeness of you. We know we are making progress when our little story does not concern us the way it used to. There is something much larger, expansive, certain and joyful in our awareness.
2. We are making choices every moment – choosing to forgive or hold grievances – to serve separate interests or the greater good – choosing love or fear – strength or weakness – to be aware and present or to let our mind wander, etc. The purpose of learning is to be aware and to make better choices – choices that lead to peace, freedom and an awareness of Love – choices that render a state of mind that is ripe for a shift in awareness – a broad expansive re-association of the mind that is all-inclusive.
3. The middle way is pretty much like being in the world but not of it. We still seem to be here but we are no longer deceived by any of it. We no longer feel threatened or fearful. We may appear to participate but we are not concerned about results. We smile a lot more as our light blesses the world. And absolutely nothing disturbs our peace.
4. Byron Katie is masterful at unraveling the mind: “As long as we’re at war with our own minds, we’re at war with the world and with the whole human race. Because as long as we want to get rid of our thoughts, anyone that we meet is likely to become an enemy. There is only one mind, and people are going to tell us what we haven’t dealt with yet in our own thinking. “You’re fat. You’re stupid. You’re not good enough.” If you are an enemy to your own mind, other people have to become enemies too, sooner or later. Until you understand, until you can love the thoughts that appear in your mind, then you can’t love the rest of us. You work with the projector — the mind — not the projected world. I can’t really love you until I question the mind that thinks it sees you outside itself.” -Arjuna Ardagh “The Translucent view”
5. Thank you, Thank You , Thank YOU…
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 7.29.13 July 29, 2013
1. It is impossible to be influenced by any person or situation outside of ourselves; therefore, it is equally impossible to blame. The thinking mind is the narrator and we (in either our agreement or disagreement) are the decision-maker.
2. The thinking mind is constantly telling lies… its pants are so on fire!! Thanks Pamela
3. 10 things you might regret in 10 years… “If only…” These two words paired together create one of the saddest phrases in the English language.
Here are ten choices that ultimately lead to this phrase of regret, and how to elude them:
- Wearing a mask to impress others. – If the face you always show the world is a mask, someday there will be nothing beneath it. Because when you spend too much time concentrating on everyone else’s perception of you, or who everyone else wants you to be, you eventually forget who you really are. So don’t fear the judgments of others; you know in your heart who you are and what’s true to you. You don’t have to be perfect to impress and inspire people. Let them be impressed and inspired by how you deal with your imperfections.
- Letting someone else create your dreams for you. – The greatest challenge in life is discovering who you are; the second greatest is being happy with what you find. A big part of this is your decision to stay true to your own goals and dreams. Do you have people who disagree with you? Good. It means you’re standing your ground and walking your own path. Sometimes you’ll do things considered crazy by others, but when you catch yourself excitedly losing track of time, that’s when you’ll know you’re doing the right thing.
- Keeping negative company. – Don’t let someone who has a bad attitude give it to you. Don’t let them get to you. They can’t pull the trigger if you don’t hand them the gun. When you remember that keeping the company of negative people is a choice, instead of an obligation, you free yourself to keep the company of compassion instead of anger, generosity instead of greed, and patience instead of anxiety.
- Being selfish and egotistical. – A life filled with loving deeds and good character is the best tombstone. Those who you inspired and shared your love with will remember how you made them feel long after your time has expired. So carve your name on hearts, not stone. What you have done for yourself alone dies with you; what you have done for others and the world remains.
- Avoiding change and growth. – If you want to know your past look into your present conditions. If you want to know your future look into your present actions. You must let go of the old to make way for the new; the old way is gone, never to come back. If you acknowledge this right now and take steps to address it, you will position yourself for lasting success. The Power of Habit.
- Giving up when the going gets tough. – There are no failures, just results. Even if things don’t unfold the way you had expected, don’t be disheartened or give up. Learn what you can and move on. The one who continues to advance one step at a time will win in the end. Because the battle is always won far away and long before the final victory. It’s a process that occurs with small steps, decisions, and actions that gradually build upon each other and eventually lead to that glorious moment of triumph.
- Trying to micromanage every little thing. – Life should be touched, not strangled. Sometimes you’ve got to relax and let life happen without incessant worry and micromanagement. Learn to let go a little before you squeeze too tight. Take a deep breath. When the dust settles and you can once again see the forest for the trees, take the next step forward. You don’t have to know exactly where you’re going to be headed somewhere great. Everything in life is in perfect order whether you understand it yet or not. It just takes some time to connect all the dots.
- Settling for less than you deserve. – Be strong enough to let go and wise enough to wait for what you deserve. Sometimes you have to get knocked down lower than you have ever been to stand up taller than you ever were before. Sometimes your eyes need to be washed by your tears so you can see the possibilities in front of you with a clearer vision again. Don’t settle.
- Endlessly waiting until tomorrow. – The trouble is, you always think you have more time than you do. But one day you will wake up and there won’t be any more time to work on the things you’ve always wanted to do. And at that point you either will have achieved the goals you set for yourself, or you will have a list of excuses for why you haven’t. Read The Last Lecture.
- Being lazy and wishy-washy. – The world doesn’t owe you anything, you owe the world something. So stop daydreaming and start DOING. Develop a backbone, not a wishbone. Take full responsibility for your life – take control. You are important and you are needed. It’s too late to sit around and wait for somebody to do something someday. Someday is now; the somebody the world needs is YOU.
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 7.5.13 July 5, 2013
1. It’s time to start living the Life we deserve, but remember, we don’t live the Life we deserve, we live the Life we THINK we deserve… it’s time to clean UP our THINKING!!! We are here for a purpose…. we can stop being a prisoner of our thoughts and BEcome the architect of our future….
2. Curiosity, being ready for everything, comes from the deep Faith that everything that happens is a gift. Everything….
3. When I was younger, “being different” cost too much. I did anything I could to fit in. These days, “being normal” costs too much. I’m not willing to fit in with the pack, if it costs me my soul, my strength, and my reason for being. I didn’t come here to duck. I came here to fly. ~ Thanks Tama
4. You say you suffer every time we are not together, and you wish to not feel even one millimeter of separation. Then I have to say: In order to destroy this intense feeling of separation, you are going to have to kill or transcend the idea that there is, in reality, a ‘you’ and a ‘me’ as distinctly separate beings.
You must enter the fire of self-discovery full heartedly. It is the fire of self-investigation; the fire that burns the unreal, thus unveiling the True Self. It will instill inside your Heart total surrender, devotion and love. You must step into this fire fully and bring me into the fire with you also so that whatever is unreal, imagined or projected is burnt, you see? Then what comes out of this fire will be purer than all the ideas we have of who we both are and any distance between us. Only then will all duality and separation be over. ~ Mooji
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 6.21.13 June 21, 2013
1. Be Aware of the temptation to make your problems your identity.
2. “The whole world is you. Yet you keep thinking there is something else.” ~ Hsueh Feng
3. Note to self: Be aware, we will be tempted again and again to believe that we are being unfairly treated. If we buy into it our heart will start pounding and our mind will endlessly spew out thoughts of attack and defense. We don’t really want to go down that road again. It’s a sick place to be. We wrote the script. It’s time to see this. Do what needs to be done, but the reality of it does not justify all the emotional upset. This is the vicious cycle until we re-member to choose differently…
4. “A teacher of fear can’t bring peace on Earth. We have been trying to do it that way for thousands of years. The person who turns inner violence around, the person who finds peace inside and lives it, is the one who teaches what true peace is. We are waiting for just one teacher. You’re the one.” Ms Katie
5. Believe in your heart that something wonderful is about to happen. Love your Life. Believe in your own powers, in your own potential, and your own goodness. Wake up every morning with the awe of being alive. Live this day well…
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 4.5.13 April 5, 2013
1. This is the real secret of Life – to be completely engaged with what you are doing in the here and now… And instead of calling it work, realize it is play… ~ Alan Watts
2. May the sun bring you new energy by day… May the moon softly restore you by night…
May the rain wash away your worries… May the breeze blow new strength into your being…
May you walk gently through the world and know it’s beauty all the days of your life…
~ Apache Blessing
3. “I feel I am home. I have no desire to be anywhere else. It makes no difference now whether I am “here” or on the “other side”. It’s all just different parts of the experience of our greater, expanded Self. I have found my True home within me and it will follow me wherever I go.”
4. “If I had a prayer, it would be this: “God, spare me from the desire for love, approval or appreciation. Amen” ~ Byron Katie
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 2.27.13 February 27, 2013
1. “Only the weak are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong.” -Leo F. Buscaglia
2. “If a man does not know what harbor he is making for, no wind is the right wind” – Seneca.
3. Two ways to avoid suffering: 1) recognize that you are doing this to yourself – understand how and why – and stop doing suffering to yourself, or 2) stop identifying with anything that suffers because that is not who/what you are in reality. You will find that you cannot do one without doing the other.
4. Immersing our self in the essence of Life does not require attaching our self to circumstances.
5. Strong people don’t put others down. They life them up.