As we enter into a new year, you may be deciding on goals or focus. Can you be intentional, but not aggressive? Can you allow your soul to choose your goals instead of your mind? Your new year already has a life of its own. Something wants to be born. Don’t miss the cues because you “have a plan.” ~ Tama
Thought for Today 8.13.14 August 13, 2014
“No body has ever been angry at another human being – we’re only angry at our story about them.”
~ Byron Katie
Thought for Today 4/10/14 April 10, 2014
Nothing can hurt me but my own THOUGHTS:
“You may even tell me, “Miguel, what you are saying is hurting me.” But it is not what I am saying that is hurting you; it is that you have wounds that I touch by what I have said.” ~ Miguel Ruiz, The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 2.18.14 February 18, 2014
1. “It’s always the story of a future. If you want fear on purpose, get a plan.” ~ Byron Katie
2. “Be still. It takes no effort to be still; it is utterly simple. When your mind is still, you have no name, no past, no relationships, no country, no spiritual attainment, no lack of spiritual attainment. There is just the presence of beingness with itself.” ~ Gangaji
3. What you love prospers: What you deeply value has your loving attention. It is nurtured, watered, and brought into fullness. It does not happen overnight. It does not happen exactly how or when you want it to. But it does come into being when conditions are right. ~ Paul Ferrini
4. We can’t change what’s going on around us until we start changing what’s going on within us. Our thoughts/thinking!! And we can just stop thinking… we START to choose thoughts that make us feel good… what thoughts are you thinking today that makes you feel bad?? is there another thought you could be thinking??? Do you need help with your thinking?? Send me an email, I am willing to help..
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 12.16.13 December 16, 2013
1. “Love is the ability and willingness to allow those that you care for to be what they choose for themselves without any insistence that they satisfy you.~ Wayne Dyer
2. “You either believe what you think or you question it. There’s no other choice. When I am perfectly clear, what is is what I want. Reality is always kinder than the story we tell about it.” ~ Byron Katie
3. Until you get comfortable with being alone, you’ll never know if you’re choosing someone out of love or loneliness. ~ Mandy Hale
4. A Healthy Relationship with Our Fear: We have an unhealthy relationship with our fear when we allow it to prevent us from taking risks that are essential to our growth or when we ignore our fear and insist on taking risks we are not ready to take.
We need to avoid these extremes. We have a healthy relationship with our fear when we acknowledge it when it comes up, without giving it permission to run our lives. We may take a step back when we feel overwhelmed, but then we move forward toward our goal.
We don’t stay stuck in one place, nor do we venture out completely unprepared for the conditions we might face. We take reasonable and appropriate risks. Little by little, we stretch our comfort zones. ~ Paul Ferrini
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 10.17.13 October 17, 2013
1. Any story that you tell about yourself is food for the ego. There is no authentic story. ~ Byron Katie
2. The meaning of life is just to be alive. It is so plain and so obvious and so simple. And yet, everybody rushes around in a great panic as if it were necessary to achieve something beyond themselves. ~ Alan Watts
3. Our challenge is to ride the waves of chaos with Trust, Faith and Love, allowing everything in its time to unfold and harmonise. ~ Julie Parker
4. Advaita Philosophy: ‘Clouds are brought in by the wind and again driven away by the same agency. Similarly, man’s bondage is caused by the mind and Liberation too is caused by that alone. It first creates an attachment in man for the body and all other sense-objects, and binds him through that attachment like a beast by means of ropes. Afterwards, the self-same mind creates in the individual an utter distaste for these sense-objects and frees him from the bondage.’
5. Awakening doesn’t look any particular way. We may have imagery and thoughts and ideas of what it is going to be like. It’s usually very different than what we think. ~Vivekachudamani 172-173
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 9.6.13 September 6, 2013
1. Today We Affirm: Right here, right now, no matter what happens in my world, all things are held perfectly in the hands of God.
From the smallest to the greatest, everything is illuminated with the Presence. I will not study or obsess about problems and wounds today but will instead remember that there is no opposite to God.
There are not two powers in the Universe, but only One, and in this One, I live and move and have my being. There is nothing to fear. From Jacob Glass this morning
2. “Defense is the first act of war.” ~ Byron Katie
3. The best way to stay depressed is to continue to try to find meaning, purpose and a secure happy future for that separate little you. There is no hope for that separate little you. The best way to find joy and freedom is to give up on that separate little you. Another paradox, and I know it’s true – find hope by giving up all hope for you. Welcome to now, and the art of being! ~ Thanks Benny
4. Clinging to your story simply validates an identity that is not true – it is not you. Hanging onto your worldly wishes and desires will only afford you the heartbreak of seeking for hope where there is none. Here and now is where you find the truth of you. The only real hope of knowing the joy of your eternal reality is in this moment.