” Learn to… be what you are, and learn to resign with a good grace all that you are not. ” Henri Frederic Amiel
Thought for Today 10.14.14 Day 14 of 30 Day Commitment to Peace October 14, 2014
Being REAL: Some of US think that being Spiritual means being positive, but being Spiritual means being Conscious and Aware. To Become Conscious is a much different thing than to become positive. To become Conscious and Aware, we must become Authentic. Authenticity (Real) includes feelings of both positive and negative. (being honest about where we are in the moment and not pretending)
Quote for Today 9.20.14 September 20, 2014
Healing takes place not because of the intervention of God, but through developing a state of consciousness in which sin, disease, and death have no reality, a consciousness which no longer battles any form of error and no longer tries to get rid of them. The art of Spiritual Healing. ~ Joel Goldsmith
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 3.6.14 March 6, 2014
1. “When we share the particular gifts that we have been given, we free our life force from its cage of separation. If we were born with a song in our heart, then we must sing it; if there is a vision in our soul, then we must live it. When we express fully all that we are, we participate in the flow of life. We are not meant to sit on the sideline, passively watching others live. We are meant to be vehicles through which our spirits can flow outward to life.” – John Robbins
2. When you finally get it that the Universe is only answering your vibration, then you understand that if you are victim to anything, it’s only your haphazard offering of vibration. The real desire that is being born within you is, “I want to vibrate on purpose. I want to set my Tone. I want to conclude and decide and offer it consistently and then watch the results of it.” You cannot get it done, ever, and you cannot get it wrong. So you might as well relax and start having fun with this. -Abraham
3. “When we’re true to ourselves, we become instruments of truth for the planet. Because we’re all connected, we touch the lives of everyone around us, who then affect others. Our only obligation is to be the love we are and allow our answers to come from within in the way that’s most appropriate for us.
Finally, I can’t stress enough how important it is to enjoy yourself and not take yourself or life too seriously. One of the biggest flaws with many traditional spiritual systems is that they give you such a somber outlook. Although you know that I abhor creating doctrines, if I ever had to create a set of tenets for a spiritual path to healing, number one on my list would be to make sure to laugh as often as possible throughout every single day—and preferably laugh at myself. This would be hands down over and above any form of prayer, meditation, chanting, or diet reform. Day-to-day problems never seem as big when viewed through a veil of humor and love.” ~ Anita Moorjani
4. Ponder these three statements:
1) You are doing this to yourself.
2) The you that seems to be having these adventures in space and time is not really you.
3) The place where it all seems to be happening does not exist. Now let’s get real…
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 2.21.14 February 21, 2014
1. “You have to love yourself because no amount of love from others is sufficient to fill the yearning that your soul requires from you.”
2. There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man: true nobility is being superior to your former self. ~ Ernest Hemingway
3. It is not your brother that gives you forgiveness opportunities. It is your own judgments, opinions, positions, choices and reactions that give you the forgiveness opportunities.
4. True Prosperity: Do not cheat yourself by working out of sacrifice. Do not cheat others by working out of greed. Do not deny yourself what you need to live with dignity. Yet be respectful of the needs of others and do not take more than you need. Find a balance between meeting your material needs and your spiritual needs. That is what true prosperity means. ~ Paul Ferrini
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 2.18.14 February 18, 2014
1. “It’s always the story of a future. If you want fear on purpose, get a plan.” ~ Byron Katie
2. “Be still. It takes no effort to be still; it is utterly simple. When your mind is still, you have no name, no past, no relationships, no country, no spiritual attainment, no lack of spiritual attainment. There is just the presence of beingness with itself.” ~ Gangaji
3. What you love prospers: What you deeply value has your loving attention. It is nurtured, watered, and brought into fullness. It does not happen overnight. It does not happen exactly how or when you want it to. But it does come into being when conditions are right. ~ Paul Ferrini
4. We can’t change what’s going on around us until we start changing what’s going on within us. Our thoughts/thinking!! And we can just stop thinking… we START to choose thoughts that make us feel good… what thoughts are you thinking today that makes you feel bad?? is there another thought you could be thinking??? Do you need help with your thinking?? Send me an email, I am willing to help..
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 10.5.13 October 5, 2013
1. “In the sky, there is no distinctions of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them.” ~ Buddha
2. Conflicting Needs: Only because we believe that we are separate do our needs seem to conflict. ~ Paul Ferrini
3. Are Our Wounds Real? The Self is our Spiritual Identity. It is unassailable. It cannot be wounded or broken. Wounding and healing may have value in a process of psychological growth but they do not have existential value.
One is not worthy or unworthy because one has given a wound or received one. Nor is one worthy or unworthy because one has healed or has not healed from the wound. The wound is a teaching about forgiveness, both to the one who gave the wound and the one who received it. Once they have offered forgiveness to themselves and to each other, the wound no longer has any meaning. ~ Paul Ferrini
The Drama of Separation: When fear comes up, we often separate. Then, if we don’t engage in shame and blame, we can choose to look at our fear. If we do not choose to look at it, it will intensify until it finally gets our attention. ~ Paul Ferrini
4. “Why did this happen to me?” Get the victim mentality out of the picture and the question might be, “why did I do this to myself?” Look at it even more closely and the question might change to “who is the me that this seems to have happened to?” And then you might see that you are not that body/ego identity. You rest in changeless peace. Nothing happened to you – nothing ever could.
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 9.27.13 September 27, 2013
1. Whatever happens to you, don’t fall in despair. Even if all the doors are closed, a secret path will be there for you that no one knows. You can’t see it yet but so many paradises are at the end of this path. Be grateful! It is easy to thank after obtaining what you want, thank before having what you want. ~ Shams Tabrizi
2. Christ, Buddha, Krishna, Lao Tzu and other great spiritual teachers did not die thousands of years ago. If we resonate with their teachings, then they live with us today, in our hearts and minds and in the holy places where we meet. ~ Paul Ferrini
3. No matter how enlightened I may think I am there is no escape from problems while seeming to be here (in a world of separation and death). But I can step back from identifying with the one who seems to have problems. That one is not me. I am the witness who rests in peace without judging, giving meaning, or being affected by any of it.
4. Q: If I am free, why am I in a body?
M: You are not in the body, the body is in you! The mind is in you. They happen to you. They are there because you find them interesting.
Your very nature has the infinite capacity to enjoy. It is full of zest and affection. It sheds its radiance on all that comes within its focus of awareness and nothing is excluded. It does not know evil nor ugliness, it hopes, it trusts, it loves.
You people do not know how much you miss by not knowing your own true self.
You are neither the body nor the mind, neither the fuel nor the fire. They appear and disappear according to their own laws.
Thoughts and Quotes of Today 9.23.13 September 23, 2013
1. Out of Darkness into Light: When we embrace our own darkness and find the light within, we begin to see the light in others and to see the shadow with compassion. We are no longer intimidated by a world in which violence seems to prevail, for we understand that this is but a symptom of the separated self. We hear the heart-rending cry for love, not dissimilar from the one that came from our own lips when we were feeling the pain of separation. ~ Paul Ferrini
2. Stop hanging onto that story about being unfairly treated and unloved. You cannot be unfairly treated. It’s your dream. You wrote the script, and you asked for the experience that you had. And the love and appreciation that you didn’t get is what you failed to give.
3. Suffering is not God’s will for you. It is not about giving up or escaping the suffering. It is about no longer identifying with anything that can suffer.
4. Many of US are obsessed with worry about our future, but this is why many of US live joyless lives. However, when we can find JOY in the present moment and every present moment from here on, we are creating a joyful (Joy full) future.
5. The fact that I can plant a seed and it becomes a flower, share a bit of knowledge and it becomes another’s, smile at someone and receive a smile in return, are to me continual spiritual exercises. ~ Leo Buscaglia
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 8.8.13 August 8, 2013
1. “There is nothing worth holding onto any longer that keeps your peace and happiness at arm’s length. Become committed – fully committed to the experience of happiness” The Way of Mastery
2. True Rewards:
Spiritual actions have significant rewards, but these rewards do not come to those who seek them. The gifts of Spirit must be offered without ulterior motives or strings attached. They must be given for the benefit of others without thought of how they might benefit self.
Gifts that are given spontaneously and in good faith return to the giver many times over. One who gives in this way lacks nothing of value and does not accumulate possessions that he does not need. ~ Everyday Wisdom by Paul Ferrini
3. Sure sign of spiritual maturity:
Taking responsibility no longer feels like you are taking the blame.
4. No one can give if he is concerned with the result of giving. ACIM