Mistakes are acts of self-betrayal. They’re the moments when we did or said something that wasn’t true to who we really are — some moment when ego knocked us out of our shining place, when fear blocked our love, when a false sense of self prevailed if only momentarily and gained control of our personality. But God (Divine Love/Source) will outwit your self-hatred. The truth of who we really are was not uncreated in that mistaken moment — it was simply eclipsed — and we can wait patiently for that perfect moment, certain to come around again, when we will have another chance to choose love over fear, authenticity over grandiosity, self-confidence over false modesty, and the light of our true being over the darkness of our wounded self. ~ Marianne Williamson
Thought for Today 7.29.14 July 29, 2014
Once you commit and are determined to seek and serve only God/Good/Divine Love/Source and the greater good your whole act gets cleaned up. Addictions to substances and hurtful relationships easily fall away. Your needs are miraculously met. Your way of serving only separate interests is lost, but a new way is made straight and all obstacles removed. It’s no longer about the survival and comfort of a separate little you – it’s about healing a bigger all-inclusive YOU.
Thoughts, Video and Quotes for Today 12.17.13 December 17, 2013
1. Today We Affirm: I was born for greatness and glory. I am an extension of the One Life, a beam of Light shining from the Source. I will not hide my Light today nor hold it back. In boldness and courage I step into my Greatness. Greatness is my very nature. I need do nothing to prove it. I RELAX into greater realization of Who I am and of the limitless possibilities that lay before me today. What a glorious day to be alive and part of the Great Plan of returning us all to full awareness of the Glory within. ~ Jacob Glass
2. David Hoffmeister’s 7 minute video on Experiencing the Christmas With IN http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvuuM-QMMOM
3. Struggle and Resistance: Our attachment to specific results often puts pressure on ourselves or others. It makes it more difficult for things to unfold naturally. As a result, we experience struggle and resistance. ~ Paul Ferrini
4. If there is anyone in our life that we would cast into outer darkness and never look upon again, then know that we cast a part of ourselves into that intended oblivion. I cannot awaken to the wholeness and completion of US without all of you. Look again, if only in your mind. Let Love and forgiveness shine a different light on what we would cast away.
5. People do not show up in my life by accident. If certain types of people that I do not like keep showing up then I must learn that they are representing aspects of me that I need to become aware of and forgive. They are helping to teach me what I am. I will hear what is not love as a call for love, and I will teach and learn that I am love.
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 12.13.13 December 13, 2013
1. I am doing this to myself. Everything I experience I have asked for and received as per my request. Yet, everything that happens is carefully planned by one whose only purpose is my good – even what seem to be the bad things that happen. How I see and experience the stuff that happens is what I am doing to myself. Which is why I am learning to choose again – to make better choices in how I see and react to the stuff that seems to happen. Thanks Benny
2. While we are preoccupied with our special relationships and the activities of the day, there is something else. We’re missing it! The Voice of Spirit/Source can be heard, but we are not listening. The pure light of the real world can be seen but that is not what we choose to see. The love of God/Source/Creator/Universe can be felt but we have blocked it from our awareness. While we are busy defending that which we mistakenly think we are, there is something else. If we really knew what we were missing we would drop everything and give it our full attention. There is something else – something expansive and more – even now – a complete alternative to what seems to have captured our awareness.
3. “When we’re true to ourselves, we become instruments of truth for the planet. Because we’re all connected, we touch the lives of everyone around us, who then affect others. Our only obligation is to be the love we are and allow our answers to come from within in the way that’s most appropriate for us.
Finally, I can’t stress enough how important it is to enjoy yourself and not take yourself or life too seriously. One of the biggest flaws with many traditional spiritual systems is that they give you such a somber outlook. Although you know that I abhor creating doctrines, if I ever had to create a set of tenets for a spiritual path to healing, number one on my list would be to make sure to laugh as often as possible throughout every single day—and preferably laugh at myself. This would be hands down over and above any form of prayer, meditation, chanting, or diet reform. Day-to-day problems never seem as big when viewed through a veil of humor and love.
In this age of information technology, we’re bombarded with news seemingly at the speed of light. We’re living in an age of high stress and fear, and in the midst of trying to protect ourselves from everything we think is “out there,” we’ve forgotten to enjoy ourselves and to take care of what’s inside.
Our life is our prayer. It’s our gift to this universe, and the memories we leave behind when we someday exit this world will be our legacy to our loved ones. We owe it to ourselves and to everyone around us to be happy and to spread that joy around.
If we can go through life armed with humor and the realization that we are love, we’ll already be ahead of the game. Add a box of good chocolates into the mix, and we’ve really got a winning formula!” ~ Anita Moorjani from Dying to be Me
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 12.11.13 December 11, 2013
1. Sometimes we hold a core belief that is very strong. When we are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, we will rationalize, ignore and even deny anything that does not fit in with the core belief.
2. Mind offers you a life with death at the end of it. But the Heart offers you life without end. You choose. If you choose Heart, then you become Heart. When you become Heart, mind will also become Heart. But you must make the first move. ~ Mooji
3. When Christ warned us that we cannot serve two masters, I believe he was talking about Love or fear. There comes a time when messing around with Mr. In-Between, a little of both, becomes intolerable. I’ve reached that point. No more serving fear as if it was my master, holding hands with it, and gripping it as if it offered me safety and structure in the world. I’m holding hands with the ways of love. ARE YOU WITH ME? Thanks Scott
4. Learning to say No Clearly: When you don’t want to do something, say “no” clearly. A simple “no” said clearly from the heart can prevent the drama of self-abuse. When we no longer betray ourselves by saying “yes” when we want to say “no”, we will no longer attract people into our life who will disrespect our boundaries. ~ Paul Ferrini
5. There is NO cruelty in God/Creator/Spirit/Source therefore there is NONE in ME…
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 11.10.13 November 10, 2013
1. Being at Peace: We don’t come to peace by trying to change others. We come to peace by being peaceful in our own hearts and minds. The goal of peace and the process of peace are one and the same. ~ Paul Ferrini
2. Today We Affirm: People are wonderful, Life is good,and God is guiding me. I am drawing all the very best out of everyone I meet as I focus my attention and open my heart to their goodness. Each day my joy and peace are growing as I choose to experience the very best of Life that lies before me. I tell my truth quickly, live authentically from Source and release all others to live exactly as they choose without attachment. I am grateful, happy and filled with Joie de Vivre! ~ Jacob Glass (I went to see Jacob at Unity yesterday morning, he was celebrating 23 years of teaching here in Santa Barbara, he spoke for 2 1/2 hours straight, it was an amazing GIFT I gave myself)
3. A relationship is what the ego uses as external validation supporting the idea of specialness and separateness, and it is what the Holy (Wholly) Spirit would use to teach us that we are love and love is one.
4. The ideal relationship is not a matter of one being dependent upon the other to get something. It is when two or more come together for the increased joy of sharing what each already has and is. And love is all there is. Love and joy are a package deal.You cannot have one without the other, and both are increased when shared. ~ Thanks Benny
Thoughts and quotes for Today 7.8.13 July 8, 2013
1. Feelings are much like waves, we can’t stop them from coming but we can choose which ones to surf….
2. Trust in the Source of being. This means trusting the mystery of creation. The universal Source of all creation, invisible though it may be, guides you just as it guided your development in the womb. When you trust in Divine intelligence, you cooperate and invite the shift to Meaning. ~ Wayne Dyer
3. How does a person stop making assumptions? My mind goes off and starts to think of all these things, and then I suffer all the time for no good reason. ~ Don Miguel Ruiz (it’s not that we have the thought that causes us stress, it’s that we BELIEVE our thoughts)
4. We can now understand that we don’t have to work at BEing Spiritual. Spirit is who we ARE, at our core, whether we realize it or not. It is our True nature, so we cannot NOT be Spiritual! Being our Self and being Spiritual are one and the same thing.