To be fatigued is to be dis-spirited, but to be inspired is to be in the spirit. To be egocentric is to be dispirited, but to be Self-centered in the right sense is to be inspired, or in the Soul. The truly inspired are enlightened and cannot abide in darkness. ~ ACIM Text Chapter 4 – Root of All Evil
Thought for Today 1.1.15 Happy 2015!!! January 1, 2015
As we enter into a new year, you may be deciding on goals or focus. Can you be intentional, but not aggressive? Can you allow your soul to choose your goals instead of your mind? Your new year already has a life of its own. Something wants to be born. Don’t miss the cues because you “have a plan.” ~ Tama
Thought for Today 12.31.14 December 31, 2014
Today is the last day of this year of your life. This year will never come again. Bow as this teacher exits. It has laced your challenges with soul gifts. Set you up for true joy. Brought you to new vows. The more you find gratitude for the year that has been, the more you will delight in the one that arrives. ~ Tama Kieves
Thought for Today September 2, 2014
“Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.” ~ Rumi.
Thought for Today 8.28.14 August 28, 2014
Thought and Quote for Today 4.3.14 April 3, 2014
Good Morning Precious One… I have been offered a suggestion so I am going to try something a little NEW… I invite your feedback… As of today, I will start ONLY POSTING ONE OR TWO QUOTES daily with a photo.. I ask that you contemplate what has been posted and ask what it is there to teach you for the day… STAY TUNED, MORE INFORMATION TO COME!!! 😉
1. “You can’t change the music of your soul.” ~ Katherine Hepburn (Who I am is unchangeable. Who i think i am i made up and can change anytime I am motivated to do so.)
2. “Let the waves of the Universe rise and fall as they will. You have nothing to gain or lose. You are the ocean.” ~ Ashtavakra Gita
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 2.21.14 February 21, 2014
1. “You have to love yourself because no amount of love from others is sufficient to fill the yearning that your soul requires from you.”
2. There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man: true nobility is being superior to your former self. ~ Ernest Hemingway
3. It is not your brother that gives you forgiveness opportunities. It is your own judgments, opinions, positions, choices and reactions that give you the forgiveness opportunities.
4. True Prosperity: Do not cheat yourself by working out of sacrifice. Do not cheat others by working out of greed. Do not deny yourself what you need to live with dignity. Yet be respectful of the needs of others and do not take more than you need. Find a balance between meeting your material needs and your spiritual needs. That is what true prosperity means. ~ Paul Ferrini
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 10.5.13 October 5, 2013
1. “In the sky, there is no distinctions of east and west; people create distinctions out of their own minds and then believe them.” ~ Buddha
2. Conflicting Needs: Only because we believe that we are separate do our needs seem to conflict. ~ Paul Ferrini
3. Are Our Wounds Real? The Self is our Spiritual Identity. It is unassailable. It cannot be wounded or broken. Wounding and healing may have value in a process of psychological growth but they do not have existential value.
One is not worthy or unworthy because one has given a wound or received one. Nor is one worthy or unworthy because one has healed or has not healed from the wound. The wound is a teaching about forgiveness, both to the one who gave the wound and the one who received it. Once they have offered forgiveness to themselves and to each other, the wound no longer has any meaning. ~ Paul Ferrini
The Drama of Separation: When fear comes up, we often separate. Then, if we don’t engage in shame and blame, we can choose to look at our fear. If we do not choose to look at it, it will intensify until it finally gets our attention. ~ Paul Ferrini
4. “Why did this happen to me?” Get the victim mentality out of the picture and the question might be, “why did I do this to myself?” Look at it even more closely and the question might change to “who is the me that this seems to have happened to?” And then you might see that you are not that body/ego identity. You rest in changeless peace. Nothing happened to you – nothing ever could.
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 9.16.13 September 16, 2013
1. Ego says, “Once everything falls into place, I’ll feel Peace.” Spirit says, “Find your Peace, and then everything will fall into place.” ~ Marianne Williamson
2. Appropriate Responsibility: You are responsible for making your own choices and for learning from the mistakes that you make. It is not appropriate for you to make decisions for others or to let them make decisions for you. ~ Paul Ferrini
3. You can never discover how big the heart is until you are willing to let everything in. That’s the possibility of a human lifetime. ~ Gangaji
4. “This does not mean that you deny the illusion-what your physical eyes see in the world. You deny that it has any effect on you by denying the ego’s interpretation of what your eyes see.”
5. My soul is racing ahead of me. It says, The body is too slow for me – I am going. ~ Rumi
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 8.30.13 August 30, 2013
1. The thoughts in our mind are guideposts to the road we choose to travel. Thanks Pamela
2. Most of us are obsessed with worry about our future, but this is why many of us live joyless lives. However, when we can find joy in the present moment and every present moment from here on, we are creating a joyful future. ~ Anita Moorjani
3. I have made Peace with the ego thought system, saying words like “silly girl, you could choose Peace instead of this” and I have found the ego thoughts have less and less power in life..
4. “What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are, but how you deal with incompatibility.” ~ George Levinger
5. “People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that’s what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.
A true soul mate is probably the most important person you’ll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then leave.
A soul mates purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life, then introduce you to your spiritual master…” -Elizabeth Gilbert ‘Eat Pray Love’