Simple Truths!! No need to look back, you are not going that direction!!!
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 12.26.13 December 26, 2013
1.“Teaching means to show a person that something is possible.” ~ Fritz Perls
2. I LOVE THE SIMPLICITY OF THIS WORK: “Most mornings, before or after I went out walking, I would sit by a window in the sunlight and wait for an uncomfortable feeling to appear. If it did, I would be thrilled, because I knew that it was always the result of some thought I needed to clean up. I was this. So I would write the thought down, and there was a lot of humor in the process. The thoughts that I wrote down were almost always about my mother. I knew that if I burned through one delusion, I would burn through them all, because I was dealing with concepts, not with people. They were thoughts like “My mother doesn’t love me”; “She loves my sister and brother more than me”; “She should invite me to family gatherings”; “If I tell the truth about what happened, she’ll deny it and no one will believe me.” That first year, it wasn’t enough that a thought was being met by inquiry, wordlessly, in my mind. The thought had to be written down. You can’t stop mental chaos, however motivated you are. But if you identify one piece of chaos and stabilize it, then the whole world begins to make sense. For about a year, I had to write down the beliefs that kept arising in my mind. I had to write them down and inquire, in order to hold reality firmly. They came very fast—hundreds, thousands of them. Each belief felt like a meteor crashing into a planet, trying to demolish it. Someone would say, or I would hear in my mind, “It’s a terrible day,” and my body would start to shake. It was as if I couldn’t bear the lie. It didn’t matter whether I or someone else spoke it, because I knew it was all me. The cleansing, the undoing, inside me was instantaneous, whereas when I offer inquiry to people, they’re doing it in apparent time and space—in the density that looks like time and space. But for me, the timelessness was obvious. So, when a belief hit me, I would sit and write it down and put it up against the four questions and then turn it around. That first year, I was writing all the time, crying all the time. But I never felt upset. I loved this woman who was dying through inquiry, this woman who had been so very confused. I kept falling in love with her. She was irresistible.” ~ Byron Katie
3. Bryon Katie on Generosity: “it’s the self in discussion and inquiry with itself. The “other” is only self-imaged. If I hear a question, it’s inside me, it’s coming from inside me, not from out there, not from “otherness.” There’s no distance, it’s connected through inquiry and immediate, and to answer one’s own question is what love will always do if one stops to listen, always in service to itself. Of course one’s “other” would be grateful. It is its own self. I would ask nothing of myself that was beyond me. It’s refreshment. It is the unlimited mind, the beloved, the pure that answers and the pure that receives. Always expanding itself, stretching, soaring, as its unlimited self, beauty and goodness, creation without limit. To not answer the question is to limit its journey. Questions appear and the answers are there to meet them, unpracticed, spontaneous, new, wise, to the student who is truly a student, and that is all that’s necessary for the mind to authentically respond to itself in a totally unlimited way, dependent only on the student’s desire to listen. If I’m sitting with someone who thinks they know what my answer is going to be, then they have limited themselves and my answers are that limited. If I’m talking to you and you already know, then even my voice will trail away, something stops in me in that recognition that the student is limited. And if I don’t stop it, the student is kind enough to stop it himself. But if the student comes with a mind that is truly open, the answer is unlimited, it’s a bottomless source.”
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 10.3.13 October 3, 2013
1. “This is my simple religion. There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.” Dalai Lama
2. It’s our own thoughts that hold the key to miraculous transformation. ~ Marianne Williamson
3. If we would apply this simple principle to our marriage/partnerships/relationships, our relationship would instantly improve!…”Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of our mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up.”
4. One favorite tool for pushing through fears and other negative emotions is the positive affirmation. When we find ourselves confronted with fearful or upsetting situations in life, we simply begin repeating an appropriate affirmation. With constant repetition of this uplifting and soothing statement, the voice of doom and gloom that roams through our mind is replaced with thoughts of peace, power and love. One of the reasons that affirmations are so powerful is that, by replacing negative thoughts with positive thoughts, we are actually moving ourselves from the weakest part of who we are to the strongest and most loving part of who we are. While an affirmation is only one sentence in length, it has a very deep meaning. An affirmation is an encapsulation of a whole wealth of life-affirming thoughts that remind us that we are inherently powerful and loving and there is nothing to fear. Repeating the soothing words over and over again, peace envelopes us like a warm blanket. We are safe. . .all is well. ~ Connie Queen (I choose PEACE)
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 9.21.13 September 21, 2013
1. Life is Our Teacher: Life is our teacher and we can learn from whatever life brings us. Of course, when life asks us to go deeper in our journey of understanding and compassion, we don’t always want to do it. We are satisfied with the level that we have. But we can’t ignore our marching orders when we get them, We don’t get to say “no” to what life asks from us. The healing and redemptive power of experience lies in its ability to help us access and give birth to the deepest part of ourselves. That is why spiritual challenges are a necessary part of our growth. ~ Paul Ferrini
2. We can replace pain with laughter and joy; exchange feeling weighed down with a lightness of being. The purpose of Byron Katie’s Work is freedom: freedom for us all…
3. “Life is simple. Everything happens for you, not to you. Everything happens at exactly the right moment, neither too soon nor too late. You don’t have to like it… it’s just easier if you do. Nothing comes ahead of its time, and nothing ever happened that didn’t need to happen- Life doesn’t happen to us, it happens for us!.
Until we know that death is as good as life, and that it always comes in its own sweet way, we’re going to take on the role of God without the awareness of it, and it’s always going to hurt. Whenever you mentally oppose what is, you’re going to experience sadness and apparent separation. There’s no sadness without a story.
What is is. You are it. Taking on the role of “God” means that we step into the identity of the wise one, that one who knows what should happen, and so we try to control things, out of this “I-know” mind. We think that we know what is best for the people we love and for ourselves. We oppose reality, and whenever we do, it hurts. We believe our thought that death is a bad thing, we are sad or angry when someone we love dies, and we are afraid of dying ourselves. This is the “I-know” mind, pure arrogance, the sufferer. Just keep coming home to yourself and watch what happens in reality, just for fun.” – Byron Katie
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 9.8.13 September 8, 2013
Good Morning Precious One… There has been many requests to start another year long workshop that I have been blessed to facilitate several times… it is called “Practice A Year to Live” and it comes from the book called “A Year to Live” by Stephen Levine. We will be doing an exercise each month as well as a Monthly Conference Call on the 4th Sunday of each month, for now, we have set the time for 7am PST or California Time …. IF you would like to join in, please email me for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org … You can purchase the book at Amazon.com on kindle for 8.99 but I suggest the paperback and it ranges for 6-10 dollars new on Amazon OR you may find it at your local half price book store….
1. Imagine living your life without being afraid to take a risk and to explore life. You are not afraid to lose anything. You are not afraid to be alive in the world, and you are not afraid to die.
2. We can waste the moment “thinking” about the life we are going to live or we can simply live it now.
3. “I want to ignite a fire in your Soul that will burn the layers and fillers away, thus revealing your Authentic Self. Then I want to inspire you to live in your Authenticity and express it to the world”
4. The Real Practice is joining, in Love and Joy, without trying to be “special” or “fix” anything – and without trying to get anything – without judging, correcting or condemning…. now THAT takes PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE… and I am up for it today
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 8.29.13 August 29, 2013
1. Remove blame from your vocabulary. Catch yourself when you find yourself using your past history as a reason for your failure to act today, and instead say, “I am free now to detach myself from what I used to be.” ~ Wayne Dyer
2. “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” Confucius
3. “Most of the shadows of life are caused by standing in our own sunshine.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. Simple Truths by Jacob Glass
Being afraid, desperate, needy and worried is the extreme opposite of being open to receive. Have you ever tried to contribute to a completely frantic person? It’s extremely difficult. They are not in the right state of mind. And this is why RELAXATION is so important as preparation for miracles.
It sounds ridiculous and trite to say, but in order to prepare for our good we need to:
C A L M D O W N A N D C H E E R U P !
This is difficult for an undisciplined mind to do. We are so used to wanting the SITUATION to calm us down and cheer us up. We want the world to do our work for us. But we all know by now that this is simply not going to happen. WE have to take our own emotional journey FIRST in order to be RECEPTIVE to our good.
This is what the vibrational cleanup helps with so much. We take responsibility for our ATTITUDES and for our thinking. We STIMULATE our own joy in whatever ways we can at the moment. We calm down and cheer up by petting the cat, singing HAPPY songs instead of the victim songs, watching comedies, running the dog on the beach, having a massage, delivering food to the hungry, doing lists of positive aspects, going on rampages of appreciation, doing some physical exercise, wearing something that makes us feel cute or sexy or elegant or whatever good feeling we want to feel, cleaning up the clutter around the house, watching the sunrise or sunset, making lists of “wouldn’t it be nice if . . . “, cooking a meal for friends, milking and savoring the good each day, giving a compliment to someone, looking in the mirror and saying, “Hey cutie, we’re going to have a wonderful day today and fabulous little miracles are going to happen all day long.”
Just make a start, right where you are. It’s not about overwhelming ourselves with trying to “turn over a whole new leaf” at once. Keep it simple. We are simply massaging our thoughts to a better feeling place, one thought at a time. We are soothing ourselves into the state of receptivity to a miraculous mindset.
Thoughts and Quotes for today 5.10.13 May 10, 2013
1. “I have nothing else to say today other than I love you. Keep it simple!” ~ Scott Kiloby
2. Love has no need for understanding.. it is knowing.
3. “You have to take risks. We will only understand the miracle of life fully when we allow the unexpected to happen.”~ Paulo Coelho
4. “I refuse to walk carefully through Life, only to arrive safely at death…” ~ Paulo Coelho (None of us are getting out of this alive)
5. There is ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS, something to be Thankful for…
6. “Write it on your heart that EVERY day is the BEST day.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson