“How do you react when you think that you need people’s love? Do you become a slave to their approval? Do you live an inauthentic life because you can’t bear the thought that they might disapprove of you? Do you try to figure out how they would like you to be, and then try to become that, like a chameleon? In fact, you can never really get their love this way. You try to turn into someone you aren’t, and then when they say “I love you” you can’t believe it, because they’re loving a facade. They’re loving someone who doesn’t even exist, the person you’re pretending to be. It’s difficult to seek other people’s love. It’s deadly. In seeking it you lose what is genuine. This is the prison we create for ourselves as we try to get the love we already have.” ~ Byron Katie
Thought for Today 7.18.14 July 21, 2014
Now is the only Time there is: Every moment contains all other moments. That is why the central teaching of all traditions is to claim our awareness in this moment. This moment may be only one point on the circle, but any point will do.
Any point is the alpha and omega. A special time or place is not needed. Here is the only place there is. Now is the only time. To be present with what is here and now is your only responsibility. ~ Everyday Wisdom by Paul Ferrini
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 12.4.13 December 5, 2013
1. Trust does not micro-manage each incident, weighing and pondering what to accept or not. Trust knows the Big Picture, fully acknowledging the Mind from which its Self arises with a Heart felt in gratitude. Thanks Pamela
2. If we do not find love within ourselves, we will imagine it to be out there somewhere in the world or in relationships. All along, we are the Love that we seek, that everyone seeks, that everyone IS… Trusting that and being open to that will allow the Love to bubble up and flow and flowwwww and flowwwww….
3. I have searched the world over for the love of my life. I thought I had found it in her/him – and then in her/him – and then in her/him, only to have my heart broken again and again. Finally, after having given up the search, I found that she/he was with me all along. The Love of my Life was and is Love and Life itself – the miraculous, wonderful ever giving gifts of God/Source/Creator.
4. . Giving up our life for the sake of Divine Love does not mean that we make death welcome. It means that we give up our plan. We turn our will and life over to the Universal Power. Releasing our special relationship does not mean that we no longer Love and be with one another. It means that we turn our relationship over to Source and trust. We give up the idea of getting anything we thought we needed or wanted out of the relationship. This world is blessed by relationships that are used by the Divine Love for it’s purpose. Thanks Benny for 2-4
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 7.11.13 July 11, 2013
1.“In today’s rush we all think too much, seek too much, want too much and forget about the joy of just Being.” ~ Eckhart Tolle
2. “If I want to be loved as I am, I have to be willing to love others as they are.” ~ Louise Hay
3. “Find ecstasy within yourself. It is not out there. It is your innermost flowering. The one you are looking for is you.” ~ Osho
4. Everyday is a blessing, and in each moment there are many things that we can be grateful for. The world opens up to us when we live in a space of gratitude. In essence, gratitude has a snowball effect. When we are appreciative and express that gratitude, the universe glows a bit brighter and showers us with even more blessings.
There is always something to be grateful for, even when life seems hard. When times are tough, whether we are having a bad day or stuck in what may feel like an endless rut, it can be difficult to take the time to feel grateful. Yet, that is when gratitude can be most important. If we can look at our lives, during periods of challenge, and find something to be grateful for, then we can transform our realities in an instant. There are blessings to be found everywhere. When we are focusing on what is negative, our abundance can be easy to miss. Instead, choosing to find what already exists in our lives that we can appreciate can change what we see in our world. We start to notice one blessing, and then another.
When we constantly choose to be grateful, we notice that every breath is a miracle and each smile becomes a gift. We begin to understand that difficulties are also invaluable lessons. The sun is always shining for us when we are grateful, even if it is hidden behind clouds on a rainy day. A simple sandwich becomes a feast, and a trinket is transformed into a treasure. Living in a state of gratitude allows us to spread our abundance because that is the energy that we emanate from our beings. Because the world reflects back to us what we embody, the additional blessings that inevitably flow our way give us even more to be grateful for. The universe wants to shower us with blessings. The more we appreciate life, the more life appreciates and bestows us with more goodness. ~ Madisyn Taylor