“I think we should be born with a warning label similar to the ones that come on cigarette packages: Caution: If you trade in your authenticity for safety, you may experience the following: anxiety, depression, eating disorders, addiction, rage, blame, resentment, and inexplicable grief.” ~ Brene Brown The Gifts of Imperfection
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 2.9.14 February 9, 2014
1.Marriage: Marriage is not a promise to be together throughout all eternity for no one can promise that. It is a promise to be present “now.” It is a vow that must be renewed in each moment if it is to have meaning. ~ Paul Ferrini
2. Fear of Intimacy: People who are afraid of love are ambivalent about giving and receiving. When you are aloof, they feel safe and desire your presence. But when you come close, they get scared and ask you to back off or go away. This emotionally teasing behavior enables them to be in relationship while avoiding intimacy and commitment. If you are drawn into such a relationship, you must face the fact that you too may be afraid to receive love. Why else would you choose a partner who cannot give it? ~ Paul Ferrini
3. You played the part that I assigned to you to help me to look at feelings of being unfairly treated. Yes, it does look like I was unfairly treated. But I used you, and it was actually orchestrated by me. Can I see that it was a replay of previous events? Can I let it go and choose peace and love? Good! Now what else can we do for each other? It is about no longer identifying with anything that can suffer.
4. “If you are trusting in your own strength, you have every reason to be apprehensive, anxious and fearful.” ~ ACIM Lesson 47
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 12.26.13 December 26, 2013
1.“Teaching means to show a person that something is possible.” ~ Fritz Perls
2. I LOVE THE SIMPLICITY OF THIS WORK: “Most mornings, before or after I went out walking, I would sit by a window in the sunlight and wait for an uncomfortable feeling to appear. If it did, I would be thrilled, because I knew that it was always the result of some thought I needed to clean up. I was this. So I would write the thought down, and there was a lot of humor in the process. The thoughts that I wrote down were almost always about my mother. I knew that if I burned through one delusion, I would burn through them all, because I was dealing with concepts, not with people. They were thoughts like “My mother doesn’t love me”; “She loves my sister and brother more than me”; “She should invite me to family gatherings”; “If I tell the truth about what happened, she’ll deny it and no one will believe me.” That first year, it wasn’t enough that a thought was being met by inquiry, wordlessly, in my mind. The thought had to be written down. You can’t stop mental chaos, however motivated you are. But if you identify one piece of chaos and stabilize it, then the whole world begins to make sense. For about a year, I had to write down the beliefs that kept arising in my mind. I had to write them down and inquire, in order to hold reality firmly. They came very fast—hundreds, thousands of them. Each belief felt like a meteor crashing into a planet, trying to demolish it. Someone would say, or I would hear in my mind, “It’s a terrible day,” and my body would start to shake. It was as if I couldn’t bear the lie. It didn’t matter whether I or someone else spoke it, because I knew it was all me. The cleansing, the undoing, inside me was instantaneous, whereas when I offer inquiry to people, they’re doing it in apparent time and space—in the density that looks like time and space. But for me, the timelessness was obvious. So, when a belief hit me, I would sit and write it down and put it up against the four questions and then turn it around. That first year, I was writing all the time, crying all the time. But I never felt upset. I loved this woman who was dying through inquiry, this woman who had been so very confused. I kept falling in love with her. She was irresistible.” ~ Byron Katie
3. Bryon Katie on Generosity: “it’s the self in discussion and inquiry with itself. The “other” is only self-imaged. If I hear a question, it’s inside me, it’s coming from inside me, not from out there, not from “otherness.” There’s no distance, it’s connected through inquiry and immediate, and to answer one’s own question is what love will always do if one stops to listen, always in service to itself. Of course one’s “other” would be grateful. It is its own self. I would ask nothing of myself that was beyond me. It’s refreshment. It is the unlimited mind, the beloved, the pure that answers and the pure that receives. Always expanding itself, stretching, soaring, as its unlimited self, beauty and goodness, creation without limit. To not answer the question is to limit its journey. Questions appear and the answers are there to meet them, unpracticed, spontaneous, new, wise, to the student who is truly a student, and that is all that’s necessary for the mind to authentically respond to itself in a totally unlimited way, dependent only on the student’s desire to listen. If I’m sitting with someone who thinks they know what my answer is going to be, then they have limited themselves and my answers are that limited. If I’m talking to you and you already know, then even my voice will trail away, something stops in me in that recognition that the student is limited. And if I don’t stop it, the student is kind enough to stop it himself. But if the student comes with a mind that is truly open, the answer is unlimited, it’s a bottomless source.”
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 11.5.13 November 5, 2013
1. Take a step of ultimate bravery.. dare to look within and see only grandeur! Thanks Pamela
2. “There is no reality except the one contained within us. That is why so many people live such an unreal life. They take the images outside of them for reality and never allow the world within to assert itself.” ― Hermann Hesse
3. You’re not helping anybody by being miserable. Regardless of your philosophical beliefs, the fact remains that you were born and you are going to die. During the time in between, you get to choose whether or not you want to enjoy the experience. Events don’t determine whether or not you’re going to be happy. They’re just events. You determine whether or not you’re going to be happy. You can be happy just to be alive. You can be happy having all these things happen to you, and then be happy to die. If you can live this way, your heart will be so open and your Spirit will be so free, that you will soar up to the heavens. ~ The Untethered Soul
4. Reality is safe and sure and kind. The world that we see does not exist. We are not a body and there is no death. We are eternal Spirit, perfect even as our creator/source is perfect and eternal. Love is all that can be given or received, and we are lacking nothing. We cannot be threatened in any way. There is nothing to fear.
“Can you imagine what it means to have no cares, no worries, no anxieties but merely to be perfectly calm and quiet all the time? Yet that is what time is for; to learn just that and nothing more.”
“What is time without a past and future? It has taken time to misguide you so completely, but it takes no time at all to be what you are.”
“Take this very instant, now, and think of it as all there is of time. Nothing can reach you here out of the past, and it is here that you are completely absolved and completely free and wholly without condemnation. From this holy instant wherein holiness was born again you will go forth in time without fear, and with no sense of change with time.” – ACIM
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 10.22.13 October 22, 2013
1. “You may believe that you are responsible for what you do, but not for what you think. The truth is that you are responsible for what you think, because it is only at this level that you can exercise choice. What you do comes from what you think. ” ~Marianne Williamson
2. “Love and forgiveness is actually a state of mind, not something you do in certain cases. It’s about what you hold and live and the kind of truth you can say lovingly.” James Redfield
3. “I wonder how many people don’t get the one they want, but end up with the one they’re supposed to be with.” ~ Fannie Flagg, Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe
4. Like an actor playing a role we have chosen a role for our life. But we have forgotten we can change our role any time we like.
5. Our thoughts are doorways. Loving thoughts bring US home to Love. Every room feels safe. Fearful thoughts bring US into the dungeon of fear. And every thought attracts more allies like it. Today, we can choose where we place our life-giving focus.
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 9.7.13 September 7, 2013
1. This photo made me smile today so I am sharing my Smile with you all… Share your smile today…
2. “Anything you want to ask a teacher, ask yourself, and wait for the answer in silence.” ~ Byron Katie
3. HELP WANTED: LIGHT OF THE WORLD! No application necessary. Simply remove all of the blocks to the awareness of the Love that you ARE, and then begin immediately – extend Love and Light to everyone, without exception, without judging and without holding any of it back. Bring the dead back to Life, heal and help without necessarily saying a word. Pay and benefits include ever increasing joy without limit.
Note: this is also a teaching position. One teaches, above all else, by example. As LIGHT OF THE WORLD you will be preparing others to also fill the position.
4. Claim what is yours….. that would be everything….
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 6.6.13 June 6, 2013
1. Being in the right place at the right time is actually all about being in the “right” state of Mind
2. “Nothing comes ahead of its time, and nothing ever happened that didn’t need to happen.” ~ Byron Katie
3. When we try to be safe, we live our lives being very, very careful; and we wind up having no lives.
4. “The strong do not attack because they see no need to do so.” ~ A Course in Miracles
5. “In the end these things matter most: How well did you love? How fully did you live? How deeply did you let go?” ~ Gautama Buddha
6. “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~ Maria Robinson
7. We are never the exact same person twice.