Good Reminder to stay in OUR own Business!!! who’s business am I in… as Byron Katie reminds us, there is only 3 kinds of business… my business, your business or God’s Business … who’s business am I in??? If I am in YOUR business, there is no one here taking care of my business… OF course this does not apply if it is MY PAYING job… example: being a plumber and you ask me my opinion, or a doctor and you ask my opinion or a mechanic etc… we know this is not what we are speaking of… but when we give advise or try to “help” or assist when it is NOT asked for or when the seeming “other” should be doing it for themselves, we are giving the message that we think they are incapable of doing it… and saying they are helpless and that is NEVER an empowering or helpful message to offer the world….
Thought for Today 7.18.14 July 21, 2014
Now is the only Time there is: Every moment contains all other moments. That is why the central teaching of all traditions is to claim our awareness in this moment. This moment may be only one point on the circle, but any point will do.
Any point is the alpha and omega. A special time or place is not needed. Here is the only place there is. Now is the only time. To be present with what is here and now is your only responsibility. ~ Everyday Wisdom by Paul Ferrini
Thought for Today 6.30.14 June 30, 2014
“Our emotional state is attributed to events, people and situations outside of ourselves that we blame for how we are feeling. The truth is we have set up specifics in our lives to address our need to have something or someone to blame instead of taking responsibility for how we feel.” ~ Sarah Huemmert
Contemplation for Today 4.6.14 April 6, 2014
Stay in Your Own Life: Don’t make decisions for other people. That will just take the focus away from your life. Let others find their own way. Support them. Encourage them. Cheer them on. But don’t think you know what’s good for them. You don’t know. When you take inappropriate responsibility for others, you overextend and weaken yourself. Don’t do that. Let others live their lives. Stay in your own life and make your own decisions. Put your attention where it belongs. Listen to your guidance, honor it, act on it, and be committed to it. That is a full time job. ~ Everyday Wisdom by Paul Ferrini
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 10.27.13 October 27, 2013
1. “The light of the face comes from the candle of the Spirit.” ~ Rumi
2. “Do not think that fear is the escape from fear.” ~ A Course in Miracles
3. Imaginary Limits: The limits you create will be real to you until you learn to step beyond them. Then they will cease to be real. Then, you will look back at the reality you used to inhabit wondering how you were able to stand its narrow confines. ~ Paul Ferrini
4. Empowerment comes from letting go of victim mentality and assuming full responsibility for everything that seems to happen to us. This is not about accepting guilt or self-blame. It is about learning to make different choices that lead to gentler more loving dreams.
5. “Remind everyone close to you to be themselves, and tell them that you love them just the way they are! They’re perfect….and so are you. There’s nothing not to love. Most suffering stems from feeling “less than.” You aren’t less than anything or anyone. You are complete.” ~ Anita Moorjani
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 10.6.13 October 6, 2013
1. “To be your Self in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. As soon as we recognize our mistake, we have begun to correct it. To see the mistake means we have become willing to admit responsibility and allowed our mind to start to heal from the error.
3. If we look closely, we will see that most of the judgments we have don’t really make US happy anyway!!!
4. “At any moment, you have a choice, that either leads you closer to your spirit or further away from it. Letting go gives us freedom, and freedom is the only condition for happiness. If, in our heart, we still cling to anything – anger, anxiety, or possessions – we cannot be free.” ~Thich Nhat Hanh~
5. “Give us permission through you, to have a flaw. When you hide your flaws, you teach us to do that. We are waiting for one teacher, just one, to give us permission to be who we are now, so that we can all come to know that that’s what is normal for us. You appear as this now, that is such a gift to give. The pain is in withholding it. Who else is going to give us permission to be free, if not you? Do it for your own sake, and we will follow. We’re a reflection of your thinking, and when you free yourself, we all get free.” Byron Katie.
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 9.16.13 September 16, 2013
1. Ego says, “Once everything falls into place, I’ll feel Peace.” Spirit says, “Find your Peace, and then everything will fall into place.” ~ Marianne Williamson
2. Appropriate Responsibility: You are responsible for making your own choices and for learning from the mistakes that you make. It is not appropriate for you to make decisions for others or to let them make decisions for you. ~ Paul Ferrini
3. You can never discover how big the heart is until you are willing to let everything in. That’s the possibility of a human lifetime. ~ Gangaji
4. “This does not mean that you deny the illusion-what your physical eyes see in the world. You deny that it has any effect on you by denying the ego’s interpretation of what your eyes see.”
5. My soul is racing ahead of me. It says, The body is too slow for me – I am going. ~ Rumi
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 9.9.13 September 9, 2013
I am often asked what I “do” or “teach” … my practice is always to live and teach Love, with that I teach the practical application of taking 100 responsibility for our own happiness… without shifting shame, blame or guilt onto anyone or anything… while we play a victim in the world we can never be happy… I CHOOSE HAPPY… We have had many teachers along the way, AND we choose what we learn from each teacher… Am I grateful for the continuing Gift I give myself each day, with this practice of Gathering the Evidence of Truth of how I want to feel today (Re-minder – our thoughts create our feelings and the only question we need to ask is “why would I choose thoughts today that make me feel bad?”)
1. Listening for Truth : You are responsible for what you believe, even if you choose to believe what others tell you. So don’t be afraid to question the authority of others. No one knows better than you do what you truly need. ~ Everyday Wisdom by Paul Ferrini
2. Today We Affirm: It’s a new week of new Life and new possibilities for good. I am ready to happily swim, float and play in the ocean of miracles. There is nothing limiting me but my own thought and now all old limiting beliefs are washed away in the shimmering blue waves. I am not afraid to be happy today. I am not afraid of Love. I’m here to experience all the good that Life has to offer me today as I OPEN TO RECEIVE It’s gifts. I am swimming with Life today and Life is very very good. ~ Jacob Glass
3. The awareness of Love’s presence has nothing to do with getting someone to love you. Love is a good thing. It rests solely on giving Love, not on finding and getting it. You are Love. You are not lacking Love. If you cannot find Love within you, you are not going to find it out there. If you do find it within you, you will see it everywhere.
4. When I choose Peace above all else, it sets the intention of the Heart in motion and begins to allow all my self limiting beliefs to crumble..
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 8.23.13 August 23, 2013
1. Breaking the Cycle of Violence:
If you are triggered by someone, acknowledge your reactivity. Don’t react and attack. Don’t blame. Don’t project.
Don’t try to make someone else responsible for what you are thinking or feeling.
Own your thoughts and feelings totally. Say “This is about me, not about you.
This is what is happening for me right now.” That is how the cycle of violence is broken. ~ Everyday Wisdom by Paul Ferrini
2. A willingness to be open to the Light that shows us a different way of seeing comes from recognizing that we do not know.
3. Today We Affirm:
I have two worlds to choose from each moment. I can choose the nightmare or the happy dream. In my happy dream I walk about the world giving my attention to all that vibrates with the love frequency. Everywhere I go, I see evidence of the goodness, kindness and generosity of people – the whole world is my community, my family. I am falling in love with humanity and my heart is melting with joy. Love rises up to greet me today as I walk the streets of the happy dream. ~ Jacob Glass
4. There is a sorting out that is necessary, and it can be confrontational. This is where we enter the temple and the tables of the money changers are sent flying, and the place is swept clean. It is all about the healing of the mind and the angst that is sometimes felt when our thoughts and values are sorted out – when the Truth comes to stand where there were only lies before.
5. There is the most fabulous thing that happens when we decide to be responsible for our own happiness …. we can have as much as we want…
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 8.8.13 August 8, 2013
1. “There is nothing worth holding onto any longer that keeps your peace and happiness at arm’s length. Become committed – fully committed to the experience of happiness” The Way of Mastery
2. True Rewards:
Spiritual actions have significant rewards, but these rewards do not come to those who seek them. The gifts of Spirit must be offered without ulterior motives or strings attached. They must be given for the benefit of others without thought of how they might benefit self.
Gifts that are given spontaneously and in good faith return to the giver many times over. One who gives in this way lacks nothing of value and does not accumulate possessions that he does not need. ~ Everyday Wisdom by Paul Ferrini
3. Sure sign of spiritual maturity:
Taking responsibility no longer feels like you are taking the blame.
4. No one can give if he is concerned with the result of giving. ACIM