Good Reminder to stay in OUR own Business!!! who’s business am I in… as Byron Katie reminds us, there is only 3 kinds of business… my business, your business or God’s Business … who’s business am I in??? If I am in YOUR business, there is no one here taking care of my business… OF course this does not apply if it is MY PAYING job… example: being a plumber and you ask me my opinion, or a doctor and you ask my opinion or a mechanic etc… we know this is not what we are speaking of… but when we give advise or try to “help” or assist when it is NOT asked for or when the seeming “other” should be doing it for themselves, we are giving the message that we think they are incapable of doing it… and saying they are helpless and that is NEVER an empowering or helpful message to offer the world….
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 3.5.14 March 5, 2014
1. We are all affecting the world every moment, whether we mean to or not. Our actions and state of mind matters, because we are so deeply interconnected with one another. ~ Ram Dass
2. “To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one’s self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived – this is to have succeeded.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. By being with yourself, the ‘I am’, by watching yourself in your daily life with alert interest, with the intention to understand rather than to judge, in full acceptance of whatever may emerge, because it is there, you encourage the deep to come to the surface and enrich your life and consciousness with its captive energies. This is the great work of awareness; it removes obstacles and releases energies by understanding the nature of life and mind. Intelligence is the door to freedom and alert attention is the mother of intelligence. ~ NISARGADATTA
4. “The journey to the cross should be the last “useless journey.” Do not dwell upon it, but dismiss it as accomplished. If you can accept it as your own last useless journey, you are also free to join my resurrection. Until you do so your life is indeed wasted.” – A Course in Miracles
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 3.3.14 March 3, 2014
1. The middle way is like being in the world but not of it. We are no longer deceived by any of it. We no longer feel threatened, defensive or fearful. We do not judge or give meaning to the seeming drama. We may appear to participate but we are not concerned about results. We smile a lot more, and our Light blesses the world. Yet, all the while, absolutely nothing disturbs our peace.
2. What’s wrong with being a people pleaser? I love treating others as I would like to be treated. But IF people pleasing is motivated by fear and/or a need for others to like and validate us, then we’re coming from the wrong place. There is nothing wrong with being a people pleaser, but it should be Joyful and about giving (giving and receiving being the same, ie feels the same), not a sacrifice that is about giving to getting. (note to self, if giving feels better than getting then I need to look at my motives… if I don’t like what I am getting, I must look at what I am giving, and it might not be in the same area, I could be giving “shit” to someone in my mind and then see someone giving ME “shit” later in the day… Everything I give, I give to myself)
3. Opening the Door to Love: Don’t worry about how long your relationship is going to last. Just give it your best energy and attention. Experience as much joy as you can with your partner. Learn as much as you can from the painful times. Do your best to be honest and clear with each other. Stretch your comfort zones a little. Be flexible and constructive. Be the first to yield and to bless. Give without worrying about what you are going to get back.
Don’t be full of pride, but admit your faults and mistakes. Don’t be ashamed or apologetic. Have the courage to be yourself. You will never be perfect in your ability to give or receive love. Don’t try to be. Each day, just be willing to learn something about yourself and your partner. That way, little by little, the door to love will continue to open. ~ Paul Ferrini
4. Connecting to Love: When you enter a beautiful forest, you do not say “only the birch trees are beautiful” or “the maples are better than the oaks.” You admire the beauty and diversity of all the trees in the forest. People who think their religion is better than other religions are missing the beauty of diversity. Each religion has a unique character that enables it to speak to certain people and not to others. If we don’t respect other traditions, we will weaken our own. Our narrowness and prejudice will be obvious to all who listen to us. Only by treating people of other faiths with love and acceptance will we give our tradition a good name. Indeed, only by connecting to the core teaching of Love within our tradition can we pass that teaching on to our children. A barren tree will make no fruit. A religion that does not help its followers connect to love will not prosper. ~ Paul Ferrini
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 2.21.14 February 21, 2014
1. “You have to love yourself because no amount of love from others is sufficient to fill the yearning that your soul requires from you.”
2. There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man: true nobility is being superior to your former self. ~ Ernest Hemingway
3. It is not your brother that gives you forgiveness opportunities. It is your own judgments, opinions, positions, choices and reactions that give you the forgiveness opportunities.
4. True Prosperity: Do not cheat yourself by working out of sacrifice. Do not cheat others by working out of greed. Do not deny yourself what you need to live with dignity. Yet be respectful of the needs of others and do not take more than you need. Find a balance between meeting your material needs and your spiritual needs. That is what true prosperity means. ~ Paul Ferrini
Thoughts and Quotes of Today 9.23.13 September 23, 2013
1. Out of Darkness into Light: When we embrace our own darkness and find the light within, we begin to see the light in others and to see the shadow with compassion. We are no longer intimidated by a world in which violence seems to prevail, for we understand that this is but a symptom of the separated self. We hear the heart-rending cry for love, not dissimilar from the one that came from our own lips when we were feeling the pain of separation. ~ Paul Ferrini
2. Stop hanging onto that story about being unfairly treated and unloved. You cannot be unfairly treated. It’s your dream. You wrote the script, and you asked for the experience that you had. And the love and appreciation that you didn’t get is what you failed to give.
3. Suffering is not God’s will for you. It is not about giving up or escaping the suffering. It is about no longer identifying with anything that can suffer.
4. Many of US are obsessed with worry about our future, but this is why many of US live joyless lives. However, when we can find JOY in the present moment and every present moment from here on, we are creating a joyful (Joy full) future.
5. The fact that I can plant a seed and it becomes a flower, share a bit of knowledge and it becomes another’s, smile at someone and receive a smile in return, are to me continual spiritual exercises. ~ Leo Buscaglia
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 7.1.13 July 1, 2013
1. It’s most helpful to align our focus with the Solution instead of the problem…
2. Nothing can keep you out of Heaven except the belief that everybody else does not belong there with you. Love extends to all…
3. Setting Limits and Respecting Them… If you really love someone, accept him as he is. Set any limits or boundaries that you need to set and give him space to make his own decisions. Be patient and do not pressure him to meet your expectations. Let him change because he wants to, not because you want him to. ~ Everyday Wisdom by Paul Ferrini
4. “Can you love someone who does not need you, or do you need to be needed? All that need business is just body/ego stuff. There is nothing enlightened about it. On the other hand, the joy of heaven is increased when two or more are aware of the love that each already has and is, and they come together to share that love. It is not about need. It is about sharing and joining in the Love that is already in the awareness of each.” ~ Thanks Benny
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 6.7.13 June 7, 2013
1. “On the off chance that you’re not going to LIVE FOREVER, why not take a shot at being happy NOW???” ~ Charlie
2. “The amount of Love, kindness, patience I have for others is directly proportional to how much Love, patience and kindness I have for myself, because we cannot give others what we ourselves do not have. And, unsurprisingly, the amount of Love, respect, support, and compassion I receive from “others” is also in direct proportion to how much of the same I have for myself.” ~ Anita Moorjani
3 . Do not react to your feelings… create with them.
4. My happiness depends on me, so you’re off the hook.
5. ” Your salvation comes from you. It has a lot to do with recognizing and releasing everything within you that is not Love. It requires vigilance, awareness and willingness. And you are not going to be able to do it without asking for and accepting help from the Holy(Wholly) Spirit (an alignment with your Higher Self). This is the healing of your mind. This is why you are here.” Thanks Benny