Grant me strength to keep my heart open this week…
Thought for Today 7.18.14 July 21, 2014
Now is the only Time there is: Every moment contains all other moments. That is why the central teaching of all traditions is to claim our awareness in this moment. This moment may be only one point on the circle, but any point will do.
Any point is the alpha and omega. A special time or place is not needed. Here is the only place there is. Now is the only time. To be present with what is here and now is your only responsibility. ~ Everyday Wisdom by Paul Ferrini
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 2.9.14 February 9, 2014
1.Marriage: Marriage is not a promise to be together throughout all eternity for no one can promise that. It is a promise to be present “now.” It is a vow that must be renewed in each moment if it is to have meaning. ~ Paul Ferrini
2. Fear of Intimacy: People who are afraid of love are ambivalent about giving and receiving. When you are aloof, they feel safe and desire your presence. But when you come close, they get scared and ask you to back off or go away. This emotionally teasing behavior enables them to be in relationship while avoiding intimacy and commitment. If you are drawn into such a relationship, you must face the fact that you too may be afraid to receive love. Why else would you choose a partner who cannot give it? ~ Paul Ferrini
3. You played the part that I assigned to you to help me to look at feelings of being unfairly treated. Yes, it does look like I was unfairly treated. But I used you, and it was actually orchestrated by me. Can I see that it was a replay of previous events? Can I let it go and choose peace and love? Good! Now what else can we do for each other? It is about no longer identifying with anything that can suffer.
4. “If you are trusting in your own strength, you have every reason to be apprehensive, anxious and fearful.” ~ ACIM Lesson 47
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 1.15.14 January 15, 2014
1. The mind has a funny way of convincing us that if we worry about a problem long enough we’ll find a solution. Silly mind. Right now, you can decide to … Let Peace reign. ~ Cheryl Richardson
2. It is not about self-improvement, or becoming a better version of who you think you are. It doesn’t work like that. Anything that you do to increase your value in your sight will set you back. Awakening demands the undoing of who you think you are – the annihilation of what use to be a separate being with personal interests. And this undoing is not something that you do.
3. Clarity doesn’t come out of the discussion. Clarity comes out of the surrender to love. ~ Gangaji
4. Being fully present in each moment… such a profound lesson to be learned from dogs.
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 12.18.13 December 18, 2013
1. Worry does not have your best interests in mind.
2. If we spend our whole life waiting for the storm, we’ll never enjoy the sunshine.
3. Recognize this moment as the one where stress is without purpose and peace embraces you. Repeat. Thanks Pamela
4. This apparent ego is nothing more than thoughts and thought patterns we take to be true. In reality not one thought is ever true. I do however Love to play with the Loving, playful ones.
5. KEY WORD below “LET”
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 9.18.13 September 18, 2013
1. Looking with an Open Heart and Mind: The world will never be good unless you are willing to see its goodness. What you experience depends on how you look at things. When you look with judgment, life is twisted and empty. When you look with an open heart and mind,
life is poignant and meaningful. What you see with fear or judgment is transformed when you learn to look with acceptance and love. ~ Paul Ferrini
2. “We have tried everything to get rid of suffering. We have gone everywhere to get rid of suffering. We have bought everything to get rid of it. We have ingested everything to get rid of it. Finally, when one has tried enough, there arises the possibility of spiritual maturity with the willingness to stop the futile attempt to get rid of it and, instead, to actually experience suffering. In that momentous instant, there is the realization of that which is beyond suffering, of that which is untouched by suffering. There is the realization of who one truly is.” ~ Gangaji
3. Living in the Present means not carrying emotional baggage from one moment to the next. Every instant is unique and can’t be replicated. ~ Anita Moorjani
4. “I call The Work “mental yoga.” And it is meditation. I invite people to meditate on each of these four questions. For example, if you are believing “He doesn’t care about me,” and are meditating on the third question (How do you react, what happens, when you believe that thought?), in that silence you begin to notice the feelings and emotions that occurred in that situation. You feel them rise from within, and mental images show you how you treat others and yourself when you believe that thought. With the fourth question (Who would you be without that thought?), people come to see what it would be like to experience a stressful situation without the thought that is creating the stress in the first place. It’s truly amazing to see what is revealed in that quietness. It can be life-changing! Imagine how it would feel, what kind of person you would be, how you’d be treating other people and yourself, if you didn’t believe your negative judgment of that person.” – Byron Katie
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 8.30.13 August 30, 2013
1. The thoughts in our mind are guideposts to the road we choose to travel. Thanks Pamela
2. Most of us are obsessed with worry about our future, but this is why many of us live joyless lives. However, when we can find joy in the present moment and every present moment from here on, we are creating a joyful future. ~ Anita Moorjani
3. I have made Peace with the ego thought system, saying words like “silly girl, you could choose Peace instead of this” and I have found the ego thoughts have less and less power in life..
4. “What counts in making a happy marriage is not so much how compatible you are, but how you deal with incompatibility.” ~ George Levinger
5. “People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that’s what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life.
A true soul mate is probably the most important person you’ll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then leave.
A soul mates purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life, then introduce you to your spiritual master…” -Elizabeth Gilbert ‘Eat Pray Love’
Quotes on Living in the Now and Releasing the past August 7, 2013
1. “A man often suffer the most by suffering what he fears but that never show up.” ~ Joost van den Vondel?
2. Releasing Past and Future:
Our greatest spiritual challenge is to be happy in this moment. We can’t be happy if we are upset about something that happened in the past or worried about achieving some future outcome. We can be happy only when our energy is invested in working with what is happening here and now. ~ Everyday Wisdom by Paul Ferrini
3. For those with a sincere and urgent wish to be liberated, I tell them, ‘Leave everything, starting from this moment.’
Drop all notions about future, past, present — leave everything aside entirely. Don’t save anything or spare any favorite thought or feeling. Such an attitude will bring you a state of unmixed presence whereby all personal questions, doubts and concerns will hold no power. Only like this will you be able to gauge the real fickleness of personality along with its baggage of psychological obsessions. And see if you can fully examine what is now without your add-ons, without your projections, because they are not only myths but they exhaust your being and make you tired and unhappy.
Allow yourself to be empty and experience your fundamental nature free from imagination, fantasy and the hypnosis of conditioning.
When you allow yourself to be empty, visitors show up. They may say, ‘You are going to be stupid,’ or ‘How are you going to take care of your life?’ But just ignore it and discover your peace in this moment. I want to meet a human being who is at peace, not in pieces. ~ Mooji
4. When I was willing to LET GO of what I wanted, I received what was truly mine. I’ve realized the latter is always the greater gift. ~ Anita Moorjani