Thoughts and Quotes for Today 3.27.14 March 27, 2014
1. “I’d rather let my spirit fly free, than be caged by religion. Become a Buddha not a Buddhist; become a Christ not a Christian. One implies an awakened state of consciousness, the other a dogmatic approach to life.”God” is too big for one religion. Love & quantum physics are my religion. At one level, all religious traditions have the same aim—to transform the individual into a positive being. I love Jesus, I love Shiva, I love Krishna, I love Buddha. All rivers lead to the same ocean. “I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us.” ~ John Lennon
2. Relationship works best when you recognize that it is just you doing a dance with yourself. The more you give, the more you get, and the only thing that can be lacking is the love you fail to give. The more angry and upset you get, the more angry and upset the other gets. The more loving and peaceful you get the more loving and peaceful the other gets. And what you see in the other you strengthen in yourself because that is what you are focusing on. And I am always in relation with the self. so, which self am I relating to? the small ‘s’ self or the Authentic ‘S’ Self?
3. Today, practice stepping back from a situation where you are deeply attached, where your heart races or your palms are sweating up a storm. Think about how trivial this incident is from the broad perspective of your True and Authentic Self. It really does not matter all that much. Go within. Allow Faith to move your Spirit in the direction you WANT not the direction you fear…
4. The romance has died and the promise of special love has crashed and burned. It always does. Now that same relationship that had the purpose of supporting the ego becomes a major force in undoing the ego. Learning and forgiveness opportunities abound. Now, instead of the relationship teaching you that you are separate and special, you can learn that you are one. As you recognize the all-inclusive oneness of love, your relationship becomes a phenomenal teaching accomplishment.
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 12.20.13 December 20, 2013
1. Practice entering today without yesterday’s stories.
2. Just like a sunbeam can’t separate itself from the sun, and a wave can’t separate itself from the ocean, we can’t separate ourselves from one another. We are all part of a vast sea of Love, one indivisible divine mind. ~ Marianne Williamson (ONE “Oneness” IS NOT and cannot be TWO)
3. If Love isn’t happening now: If love isn’t happening right now, it isn’t happening. It doesn’t matter how many Buddhas or Christs
have come before you. ~ Paul Ferrini
4. Peace is found in accepting what happens without resistance, while trusting that all is for our good. And along with this attitude of surrender and flow, one is still quietly mindful of listening for Guidance and following His lead – that compulsive, intuitive hit to do or say something.
5. How to tell if you are dead or alive: if you are fearful, unhappy or concerned for any reason, then you are dead. If peace, love, joy and light are in your awareness, then you are alive. Your function is to be about the business of raising the dead. Thanks Benny
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 11.12.13 November 12, 2013
1. Very IMPORTANT REMINDER from Wayne Dyer… Work hard at not using comparisons in (ALL) your relationships. Expecting anyone else to conform to the standards of others does not encourage self-esteem or individuality.
2. Here is a wonderful Link for Random Acts of Kindness that made a difference, we can question our belief systems about how the world “sucks” or is getting worse… it’s simply not TRUE… We can Gather the evidence of how we WANT to feel today instead of how we DON’T want to feel about the world we see…
3. “I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind.” ~ Khalil Gibran
4. Feeling upset, misunderstood and unfairly treated? What a wonderful opportunity choose again – to take a great stride forward in our spiritual practice! We can watch it all shift when we choose Peace and extend Love instead of choosing what we have always done before. We can watch it all shift when we choose to be defenseless – when we choose to laugh it away instead of building walls and mounting a counter attack.
5. Time is an illusion. How can it be wasted? And yet, it is wasted each moment that I am fearful instead of abiding in an awareness of the eternal love and joy that I am. Delay of joy is needless. I will not look to the future for my happiness. Now is the only time there is. Now is the time that I accept Love and Joy that I am.
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 10.4.13 October 4, 2013
1. Those who Shine from within do not need a spotlight.
2. “If you just get out of your own way… It is amazing what will come to you.” ~ Laird Hamilton
3. The state of your life is nothing more than a reflection of your state of mind. ~ Wayne Dyer
4. Now, for all of you that would like to quicken and hasten that process [of awakening], the answer is very simple. Spend more time becoming self-observant, less time being concerned with what is going on in the world, and no time blaming the world for your state of being … not parents, not society, not God, but owning. ~ The Way of Mastery
5. Today We Affirm: I do not have to make anything work today. I do not have to make anything happen. I do not need to prevent anything. There is nothing I need to seek or earn. There is a Power in being present and in relaxing all my defenses and aggression. I do not wish to fight or rage against the tides of change. Instead, I choose to be happy and free in my now. I can be a positive influence today by standing in my own Center of Truth, Peace and Joy. In this State, I always have whatever I need. In this defenselessess, my safety, peace and success abide. From this place will come my strength and I will be guided with every breath I take. ~ Jacob Glass
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 10.2.13 October 2, 2013
1. Authenticity: Authentic Spirituality does not ask US to pretend to be someone or something we are not. Authenticity wants US to be who we are with all our contradictions and dichotomies. If we have to deny any aspect of who we are to be spiritual, then we are creating an inauthentic spirituality. True spirituality will be an instrument of revelation, not a tool for denial.
2. “What if our religion was each other… If our practice was our life… If prayer was our words? What if the temple was Earth…
If forests were our church… If holy waters – the rivers, lakes and oceans. What if meditation was our relationships… If the teacher was Life… If wisdom was self-knowledge… If Love was the center of our being?” ~ Ganga White
3. “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” ~ Yoda
4. Life gets complicated when we spend more time trying to prove to “others” who we are instead of devoting more time to KNOWING our Self…
5. The most creative act we will ever undertake is the act of creating our Self…
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 8.29.13 August 29, 2013
1. Remove blame from your vocabulary. Catch yourself when you find yourself using your past history as a reason for your failure to act today, and instead say, “I am free now to detach myself from what I used to be.” ~ Wayne Dyer
2. “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.” Confucius
3. “Most of the shadows of life are caused by standing in our own sunshine.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. Simple Truths by Jacob Glass
Being afraid, desperate, needy and worried is the extreme opposite of being open to receive. Have you ever tried to contribute to a completely frantic person? It’s extremely difficult. They are not in the right state of mind. And this is why RELAXATION is so important as preparation for miracles.
It sounds ridiculous and trite to say, but in order to prepare for our good we need to:
C A L M D O W N A N D C H E E R U P !
This is difficult for an undisciplined mind to do. We are so used to wanting the SITUATION to calm us down and cheer us up. We want the world to do our work for us. But we all know by now that this is simply not going to happen. WE have to take our own emotional journey FIRST in order to be RECEPTIVE to our good.
This is what the vibrational cleanup helps with so much. We take responsibility for our ATTITUDES and for our thinking. We STIMULATE our own joy in whatever ways we can at the moment. We calm down and cheer up by petting the cat, singing HAPPY songs instead of the victim songs, watching comedies, running the dog on the beach, having a massage, delivering food to the hungry, doing lists of positive aspects, going on rampages of appreciation, doing some physical exercise, wearing something that makes us feel cute or sexy or elegant or whatever good feeling we want to feel, cleaning up the clutter around the house, watching the sunrise or sunset, making lists of “wouldn’t it be nice if . . . “, cooking a meal for friends, milking and savoring the good each day, giving a compliment to someone, looking in the mirror and saying, “Hey cutie, we’re going to have a wonderful day today and fabulous little miracles are going to happen all day long.”
Just make a start, right where you are. It’s not about overwhelming ourselves with trying to “turn over a whole new leaf” at once. Keep it simple. We are simply massaging our thoughts to a better feeling place, one thought at a time. We are soothing ourselves into the state of receptivity to a miraculous mindset.