Grant me strength to keep my heart open this week…
Thought for Today 4.17.14 April 17, 2014
He who wants to understand, will understand….
Here is a link for a video and WONDERFUL message from Byron Katie on Closed Heart, Closed Mind
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 9.18.13 September 18, 2013
1. Looking with an Open Heart and Mind: The world will never be good unless you are willing to see its goodness. What you experience depends on how you look at things. When you look with judgment, life is twisted and empty. When you look with an open heart and mind,
life is poignant and meaningful. What you see with fear or judgment is transformed when you learn to look with acceptance and love. ~ Paul Ferrini
2. “We have tried everything to get rid of suffering. We have gone everywhere to get rid of suffering. We have bought everything to get rid of it. We have ingested everything to get rid of it. Finally, when one has tried enough, there arises the possibility of spiritual maturity with the willingness to stop the futile attempt to get rid of it and, instead, to actually experience suffering. In that momentous instant, there is the realization of that which is beyond suffering, of that which is untouched by suffering. There is the realization of who one truly is.” ~ Gangaji
3. Living in the Present means not carrying emotional baggage from one moment to the next. Every instant is unique and can’t be replicated. ~ Anita Moorjani
4. “I call The Work “mental yoga.” And it is meditation. I invite people to meditate on each of these four questions. For example, if you are believing “He doesn’t care about me,” and are meditating on the third question (How do you react, what happens, when you believe that thought?), in that silence you begin to notice the feelings and emotions that occurred in that situation. You feel them rise from within, and mental images show you how you treat others and yourself when you believe that thought. With the fourth question (Who would you be without that thought?), people come to see what it would be like to experience a stressful situation without the thought that is creating the stress in the first place. It’s truly amazing to see what is revealed in that quietness. It can be life-changing! Imagine how it would feel, what kind of person you would be, how you’d be treating other people and yourself, if you didn’t believe your negative judgment of that person.” – Byron Katie
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 7.27.13 July 27, 2013
1. When we live with an Open Heart, unexpected, joyful things happen.
2. Suffering?? Few people recognize that the word, “apathy” derives from the meaning, “apart from suffering.” Therefore, to claim a day where one consciously chooses not to suffer or connect oneself to the idea of suffering in any form, is to consciously recognize another Way of Being. Apathy is not selfish; yet it is self-less.
It amazes me how much guilt pops up in the mind when I see myself choosing not to suffer or choosing not to see others as suffering… oooh, it feels so downright sick and perverted, so filled with selfishness and hurt. So then, what is this inner wish that says I must see suffering? Where does this wish to connect with suffering arise and WHY, when seeking to take it away, does it feel so bad? This, my friends is the ego that wishes to believe that ultimately Love cannot exist without suffering and Love cannot exist without fear. Yikes! This false belief is the core of our belief, that we are separate from God and if He told us He desired only pure happiness and peace of mind, we would run far far away to hide… claiming then for Him (the most Loving Father) to be false. Wow.. this really hits home. ~ Right on Pamela…
3. If we practice and chase a thread of desire, we miss what is already here and we suffer. Can it be more simple stated? ~ Gangaji
4. The infinite me already contains everything I need to navigate through Life, because I’m One with Universal Energy. In fact, I AM Universal Energy… ~ Anita Moorjani
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 6.6.13 June 6, 2013
1. Being in the right place at the right time is actually all about being in the “right” state of Mind
2. “Nothing comes ahead of its time, and nothing ever happened that didn’t need to happen.” ~ Byron Katie
3. When we try to be safe, we live our lives being very, very careful; and we wind up having no lives.
4. “The strong do not attack because they see no need to do so.” ~ A Course in Miracles
5. “In the end these things matter most: How well did you love? How fully did you live? How deeply did you let go?” ~ Gautama Buddha
6. “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” ~ Maria Robinson
7. We are never the exact same person twice.