Thought for Today 7.31.14 July 31, 2014
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 3.27.14 March 27, 2014
1. “I’d rather let my spirit fly free, than be caged by religion. Become a Buddha not a Buddhist; become a Christ not a Christian. One implies an awakened state of consciousness, the other a dogmatic approach to life.”God” is too big for one religion. Love & quantum physics are my religion. At one level, all religious traditions have the same aim—to transform the individual into a positive being. I love Jesus, I love Shiva, I love Krishna, I love Buddha. All rivers lead to the same ocean. “I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us.” ~ John Lennon
2. Relationship works best when you recognize that it is just you doing a dance with yourself. The more you give, the more you get, and the only thing that can be lacking is the love you fail to give. The more angry and upset you get, the more angry and upset the other gets. The more loving and peaceful you get the more loving and peaceful the other gets. And what you see in the other you strengthen in yourself because that is what you are focusing on. And I am always in relation with the self. so, which self am I relating to? the small ‘s’ self or the Authentic ‘S’ Self?
3. Today, practice stepping back from a situation where you are deeply attached, where your heart races or your palms are sweating up a storm. Think about how trivial this incident is from the broad perspective of your True and Authentic Self. It really does not matter all that much. Go within. Allow Faith to move your Spirit in the direction you WANT not the direction you fear…
4. The romance has died and the promise of special love has crashed and burned. It always does. Now that same relationship that had the purpose of supporting the ego becomes a major force in undoing the ego. Learning and forgiveness opportunities abound. Now, instead of the relationship teaching you that you are separate and special, you can learn that you are one. As you recognize the all-inclusive oneness of love, your relationship becomes a phenomenal teaching accomplishment.
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 12.21.13 December 21, 2013
1. Nature does not hurry yet everything is accomplished. ~ Lao Tzu
2. I do not wish to convert people from one organized religion to another. I have no interest in any of these organized religions. My interest is in Truth, the teachings of all Enlightened Ones. If at all there is any conversion, it should be from misery to happiness, from defilement to purity, from bondage to liberation, from ignorance to enlightenment. ~ S. N. Goenka ~
3. Unless we learn to face our own shadows, we will continue to see them in “others” because the world outside is only a reflection of the world inside
4. Everyone wants to go to heaven but no one wants to die. It has nothing to do with dying. On the contrary, it has everything to do with choosing to be fully alive, loving and aware in this moment. Heaven is here, it is now, and it waits only on recognition and acceptance of what is, has been and will always be – an expansive awareness of union (Oneness) with all of creation.
5. Know that we have the power to make better choices: Love – not fear. Strength – not weakness. Light – not darkness. Life – not death. Spirit – not body/ego. Joy – not sorrow. Inclusive wholeness (oneness) – not separation. Forgiveness and innocence – not guilt and grievances. AND experiencing the contrast is usually the way we learn to make better choices.
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 5.14.13 May 14, 2013
1. This Moment welcomes you just as you ARE…
2. “To understand our own thinking is to understand all thinking.The mind falls in love with itself, and this amazing love affair is not just the end of war, it’s the beginning of a whole new paradigm. It creates out of a space that is so unlimited in its self-love that it doesn’t ever have to be told or proven or seen. It is its own experience. And it’s happy—in that all.” Byron Katie
3. A smile is a glow on our face. It is more powerful than a bulb of one thousand watts and the warmth it gives can serve us more than any electric heater. We are not fully dressed until we wear a smile on our face. A smile has a power of liberating one from the loneliness. There are many friends to receive it and return it abundantly. ~ Binay Maharjan – Nepal
4. “What Jung says is that you should play your role, knowing that it’s not you. It’s a quite different point of view. This requires individuation, separating your ego, your image of yourself, from the social role. This doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t play the role; it simply means that no matter what you choose to do in life, whether it’s to cop out or to cop in, you are playing a role, and don’t take it too damned seriously. The persona is merely the mask you’re wearing for this game.” ~ Joseph Campbell
Similarly children have fun playing “roles” but we adults forget we are playing them… why not try having some FUN with your “role” today…