No matter how long your journey appears to be – there is never more than this:
one step one breath one moment – Now. ~~ Eckhart Tolle
No matter how long your journey appears to be – there is never more than this:
Thoughts for Today 8.29.14 August 29, 2014
Byron Katie on “After Life:
The woman interviewing me today asked if I believed in an afterlife. I said yes, completely, and no, completely. The afterlife is now, and everyone talks about believing in now until they see it as just another concept that isn’t true and eventually they begin to see that actually now is the afterlife that they always wondered about. She asked me why I believed in the afterlife and what is the afterlife, and it never ceases to amaze me that the obvious is not understood. Why do I believe in the afterlife? This moment is after the past and that makes this moment the only afterlife possible to “not” believe in, because that now is gone, and so is this one. Poof! Live, a slight of mind, until it’s not.
The afterlife is what happened after I brushed my teeth this morning.
This moment ends my whole life. Finally I am living in the afterlife.
You, as you believe you to be, have never been born, you are a mere ghost of your own imagination.
What to see and experience the after world? This is it! It happens in the afterlife. It’s happening now, it happens each moment. I call it heaven! Are you there yet?
Thought for Today 7.29.14 July 29, 2014
Once you commit and are determined to seek and serve only God/Good/Divine Love/Source and the greater good your whole act gets cleaned up. Addictions to substances and hurtful relationships easily fall away. Your needs are miraculously met. Your way of serving only separate interests is lost, but a new way is made straight and all obstacles removed. It’s no longer about the survival and comfort of a separate little you – it’s about healing a bigger all-inclusive YOU.
Thought for Today 7.28.14 July 28, 2014
Thought for Today 7.18.14 July 21, 2014
Now is the only Time there is: Every moment contains all other moments. That is why the central teaching of all traditions is to claim our awareness in this moment. This moment may be only one point on the circle, but any point will do.
Any point is the alpha and omega. A special time or place is not needed. Here is the only place there is. Now is the only time. To be present with what is here and now is your only responsibility. ~ Everyday Wisdom by Paul Ferrini
Thought for Today 5.5.14 May 5, 2014
Whenever we manage to Love without expectations, calculations, negotiations, we are indeed in Heaven. ~ Rumi
Thoughts and Quotes on Enlightenment and illusion for Today 2.23.14 February 23, 2014
1. My speaking is meant to shake you awake, not to tell you how to dream better. – Adyashanti
2. If you see the illusion you are enlightened, but if you think that you are enlightened, you are in the illusion. – Papaji
3. Truth is not just about what we say…it is the realization that what we’ve created, individually or collectively, is illusion. As we awaken, truth gets revealed to us…It sometimes rocks our “here and now” existence, creates feelings of pain or loss in the moment…but it also sets us free. When we free ourselves from the illusions, we can return to our own power.
4. Do not think that enlightenment is going to make you special, it’s not. If you feel special in any way, then enlightenment has not occurred. I meet a lot of people who think they are enlightened and awake simply because they have had a very moving spiritual experience. They wear their enlightenment on their sleeve like a badge of honor. They sit among friends and talk about how awake they are while sipping coffee at a cafe. The funny thing about enlightenment is that when it is authentic, there is no one to claim it. Enlightenment is very ordinary; it is nothing special. Rather than making you more special, it is going to make you less special. It plants you right in the center of a wonderful humility and innocence. Everyone else may or may not call you enlightened, but when you are enlightened the whole notion of enlightenment and someone who is enlightened is a big joke. I use the word enlightenment all the time; not to point you toward it but to point you beyond it. Do not get stuck in enlightenment. – Adyashanti
5. Today We Affirm: In my world, there is magic even in the mundane. I am not looking for special people or special moments. This moment is enough and I am sufficient for the moment. By Grace, I see my world with loving gentle eyes and I allow myself to be just as I am, and just as I am not. Therefore, I release all others to be just as they are. I will not push or bully myself today but instead I walk with the Mighty Ones Who guide me down the gentle paths of freedom, love and peace. ~ Jacob Glass
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 2.9.14 February 9, 2014
1.Marriage: Marriage is not a promise to be together throughout all eternity for no one can promise that. It is a promise to be present “now.” It is a vow that must be renewed in each moment if it is to have meaning. ~ Paul Ferrini
2. Fear of Intimacy: People who are afraid of love are ambivalent about giving and receiving. When you are aloof, they feel safe and desire your presence. But when you come close, they get scared and ask you to back off or go away. This emotionally teasing behavior enables them to be in relationship while avoiding intimacy and commitment. If you are drawn into such a relationship, you must face the fact that you too may be afraid to receive love. Why else would you choose a partner who cannot give it? ~ Paul Ferrini
3. You played the part that I assigned to you to help me to look at feelings of being unfairly treated. Yes, it does look like I was unfairly treated. But I used you, and it was actually orchestrated by me. Can I see that it was a replay of previous events? Can I let it go and choose peace and love? Good! Now what else can we do for each other? It is about no longer identifying with anything that can suffer.
4. “If you are trusting in your own strength, you have every reason to be apprehensive, anxious and fearful.” ~ ACIM Lesson 47
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 12.20.13 December 20, 2013
1. Practice entering today without yesterday’s stories.
2. Just like a sunbeam can’t separate itself from the sun, and a wave can’t separate itself from the ocean, we can’t separate ourselves from one another. We are all part of a vast sea of Love, one indivisible divine mind. ~ Marianne Williamson (ONE “Oneness” IS NOT and cannot be TWO)
3. If Love isn’t happening now: If love isn’t happening right now, it isn’t happening. It doesn’t matter how many Buddhas or Christs
have come before you. ~ Paul Ferrini
4. Peace is found in accepting what happens without resistance, while trusting that all is for our good. And along with this attitude of surrender and flow, one is still quietly mindful of listening for Guidance and following His lead – that compulsive, intuitive hit to do or say something.
5. How to tell if you are dead or alive: if you are fearful, unhappy or concerned for any reason, then you are dead. If peace, love, joy and light are in your awareness, then you are alive. Your function is to be about the business of raising the dead. Thanks Benny
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 9.29.13 September 29, 2013
1. This is your time now. It is the time you have come here to experience, to enjoy, to serve and to Awaken. This is the moment and the opportunity when you can finally step forward in great and profound ways.
You have within you a magnificent power to heal, calm, support and uplift yourself and everything around you. This power is part of your birthright and it is Awakening in you right now!
Take this opportunity to become the true leader and wise Being you long to become. Model the loving strength, calm focus and grounded actions which help your awareness of Love and Awakening to blossom. The time is now. The changes are happening. And the energy is here to support you!
2. Awakening means we begin to see things differently – our values change. What we no longer value (possessions, jobs, relationships) will fall away from us. We go through what seems to be a period of relinquishment. Change is a coming. And it might look like big loss. But what seems to be lost was valueless to begin with. Our focus is shifting to that which is of real value.
3. The less aware we are of the love, joy, peace and light that is the abundance of our heritage, the more lacking and needy we feel. Real poverty or scarcity is simply an unawareness of the abundance that is always ours. And the more impoverished and needy we feel the more desperately we scream “I want it this way.”
4. To want to be other than you are is to not love who you are now. ~ Thanks Fred