Mistakes are acts of self-betrayal. They’re the moments when we did or said something that wasn’t true to who we really are — some moment when ego knocked us out of our shining place, when fear blocked our love, when a false sense of self prevailed if only momentarily and gained control of our personality. But God (Divine Love/Source) will outwit your self-hatred. The truth of who we really are was not uncreated in that mistaken moment — it was simply eclipsed — and we can wait patiently for that perfect moment, certain to come around again, when we will have another chance to choose love over fear, authenticity over grandiosity, self-confidence over false modesty, and the light of our true being over the darkness of our wounded self. ~ Marianne Williamson
Thought for Today Day 7 of our 30 day Commitment to Peace October 7, 2014
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 10.6.13 October 6, 2013
1. “To be your Self in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. As soon as we recognize our mistake, we have begun to correct it. To see the mistake means we have become willing to admit responsibility and allowed our mind to start to heal from the error.
3. If we look closely, we will see that most of the judgments we have don’t really make US happy anyway!!!
4. “At any moment, you have a choice, that either leads you closer to your spirit or further away from it. Letting go gives us freedom, and freedom is the only condition for happiness. If, in our heart, we still cling to anything – anger, anxiety, or possessions – we cannot be free.” ~Thich Nhat Hanh~
5. “Give us permission through you, to have a flaw. When you hide your flaws, you teach us to do that. We are waiting for one teacher, just one, to give us permission to be who we are now, so that we can all come to know that that’s what is normal for us. You appear as this now, that is such a gift to give. The pain is in withholding it. Who else is going to give us permission to be free, if not you? Do it for your own sake, and we will follow. We’re a reflection of your thinking, and when you free yourself, we all get free.” Byron Katie.
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 9.16.13 September 16, 2013
1. Ego says, “Once everything falls into place, I’ll feel Peace.” Spirit says, “Find your Peace, and then everything will fall into place.” ~ Marianne Williamson
2. Appropriate Responsibility: You are responsible for making your own choices and for learning from the mistakes that you make. It is not appropriate for you to make decisions for others or to let them make decisions for you. ~ Paul Ferrini
3. You can never discover how big the heart is until you are willing to let everything in. That’s the possibility of a human lifetime. ~ Gangaji
4. “This does not mean that you deny the illusion-what your physical eyes see in the world. You deny that it has any effect on you by denying the ego’s interpretation of what your eyes see.”
5. My soul is racing ahead of me. It says, The body is too slow for me – I am going. ~ Rumi