When you give up the approval of others and live by your own rules, you begin to gain your own approval. JOY is the result of living without guilt, shame or the sense that you are in some way inappropriate. Trying to please others is the fastest way to lose your own peace and joy. The people who wish you were different in some way are exactly the people you are better off without. ~ Jacob Glass
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 6.26.13 June 26, 2013
1. “Be grateful for whoever comes, because each has been sent as a guide from beyond.” ~ Rumi ♥
2. Our days show up happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind….
3. Let go of the past and the past will Let Go of YOU…
4. Living a life of Love does not happen to you; but through You….
5. “The truth is that waking up can be a disturbing process. Who really wants to find out that everything they thought was real was nothing but a pocket full of dreams? Who wants to find out that everything they hold onto and cling to is the very reason they suffer? Who really wants to find out that we’re all addicted to qualities like approval, recognition, control, and power, and that none of these things actually bring an end to suffering? In fact, they’re the cause of suffering! So the truth is that most of us don’t really want to wake up. We don’t really want to end suffering. What we really want to do is manage our suffering to have a little less of it, so that we can just go on with our lives as they are, unchanged, the way we want to live them, maybe feeling a little better about them.” ~ Adyashanti