A peaceful heart doesn’t take a position. Love means letting go of being right.
Thought for Today 1.27.15 January 27, 2015
I just want to be clear about how I and the facilitators use the term “rest.” This issue popped up recently. The term is not used as an antidote to what is arising, as a way to ignore, dismiss or get rid of what is arising. It is not a stand against the arising of thoughts, feelings, sensations, states and experiences, but rather a standing with, being with what is, whatever is it, as it is. I have blogged a lot about this and we have stated it here a lot. But just wanted to clarify.
Obviously, no one has to use the term as we do here, but it’s important that we state the way we use the term so that misinterpretations of this work are clarified.
God knows i spent years being against what arises. I took lots of drugs to accomplish that. It didn’t work. This is why a big part of our work is about being with in a loving, welcoming, gentle way, and even making room for those movements that try to stand against something. Letting even those be as they are. ~ Scott Kiloby
Thought for Today 4.18.14 April 18, 2014
“The most important thing that parents can teach their children is how to get along without them.”- Frank A. Clark
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 1.29.14 January 29, 2014
1. True Giving: True giving is an overflowing of your Love. You don’t feel that you are being depleted when you give in this way. In fact, you feel energized, because the Love you give away returns to you through the gratitude of others whom you have touched. ~Paul Ferrini
2. Bless each thought that engenders fear, gently kissing it on the forehead just as the sleeping child. Resistance cannot reveal rightmindedness.
3. The way to save a meaningless world is to just let it be meaningless. I am the one who gave it meaning when I ate of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. That gave me strange ideas – opposites, duality, and the ability to judge. By letting it be meaningless I remove all judgment, and where there is no judgment there is no world.
4. Today We Affirm: I am living in a Spiritual Universe, formed from loving Thought. My thought is creative and is creating my world today. Today I choose grateful, joyous, and loving thoughts as I know that these thoughts will be reflected back to me. I do not have to design the ways and means for this is an Intelligent Universe that knows HOW and when and where. My part is to align myself with my greater good as I RELAX and allow in calm expectancy – my heart and mind open and receptive. This is a day of divine fulfillment and limitless possibilities for good. I happily participate as I allow my Creative Imagination to vision only the best knowing there is no need to worry or rush. The Universe has perfect timing and knows where to find me. My faith and belief in the good are growing and expanding daily. There is no opposite to this Divine Power and Presence. All is well in me and in my world.
5. “Faith is the bird that feels the light and sings when the dawn is still dark.” ~ Tagore. Faith represents a deep Trust that speaks to me when i lose sight of who i am in Truth. Thanks Diederik
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 10.27.13 October 27, 2013
1. “The light of the face comes from the candle of the Spirit.” ~ Rumi
2. “Do not think that fear is the escape from fear.” ~ A Course in Miracles
3. Imaginary Limits: The limits you create will be real to you until you learn to step beyond them. Then they will cease to be real. Then, you will look back at the reality you used to inhabit wondering how you were able to stand its narrow confines. ~ Paul Ferrini
4. Empowerment comes from letting go of victim mentality and assuming full responsibility for everything that seems to happen to us. This is not about accepting guilt or self-blame. It is about learning to make different choices that lead to gentler more loving dreams.
5. “Remind everyone close to you to be themselves, and tell them that you love them just the way they are! They’re perfect….and so are you. There’s nothing not to love. Most suffering stems from feeling “less than.” You aren’t less than anything or anyone. You are complete.” ~ Anita Moorjani