” Learn to… be what you are, and learn to resign with a good grace all that you are not. ” Henri Frederic Amiel
Thought for Today 1.4.15 January 4, 2015
“Teaching is done in many ways, above all by example. Teaching should be healing, because it is the sharing of ideas and the recognition that to share ideas is to strengthen them. I cannot forget my need to teach what I have learned, which arose in me because I learned it. I call upon you to teach what you have learned, because by so doing you can depend on it.” ~ ACIM (5-IV-5)
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 2.11.14 February 11, 2014
1. Ending an Agreement: When one person no longer wants to keep an agreement, the agreement is off. You can’t hold another person against his or her will. If you try to do so, you will push love away. Love survives the ending of agreements, if you will allow it to. If you won’t, you only cheat yourself. ~ Paul Ferrini
2. When you meet another it is yourself that you meet. There is no mind that is not your mind, and all of your mind must learn and accept a healing. That is why there is a plan. That is why a curriculum has been established. And that is why there is a call for devoted teachers.
3. Faith dissolves doubt and worry. When we Treat, when we believe, then we RELAX in total assurance that our Answer is forthcoming. Don’t keep opening the oven to see if the bread is baking. Don’t keep digging up the seed to see if it’s sprouting. This is INTERFERING – it is RESISTANCE. And it STOPS the process. Let it go in peace and assurance within. Go about your daily life KNOWING that what you’ve sown IS already beginning to grow and bear fruit in the invisible -and it WILL, in perfect timing, bear fruit in the physical. ~ Jacob Glass
4. You are teaching, and you teach all of the time. You teach what you are. Teach only love. Teach only joy. The joy of teaching will be yours when you teach joy.
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 1.15.14 January 15, 2014
1. The mind has a funny way of convincing us that if we worry about a problem long enough we’ll find a solution. Silly mind. Right now, you can decide to … Let Peace reign. ~ Cheryl Richardson
2. It is not about self-improvement, or becoming a better version of who you think you are. It doesn’t work like that. Anything that you do to increase your value in your sight will set you back. Awakening demands the undoing of who you think you are – the annihilation of what use to be a separate being with personal interests. And this undoing is not something that you do.
3. Clarity doesn’t come out of the discussion. Clarity comes out of the surrender to love. ~ Gangaji
4. Being fully present in each moment… such a profound lesson to be learned from dogs.
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 12.25.13 December 25, 2013
1. Love Never Chooses Sides: When your mind is in conflict, you do not move out of conflict by choosing between two opposing positions. That will just set up more intense conflict. You move out of conflict by accepting both positions. Love never chooses one brother over another. It never sees one sister as better or more worthy than another. It affirms the humanity of both. If positive and negative feelings are present, love does not reject one and embrace the other. It accepts that both are present. It embraces the totality of what is, with all its apparent contradiction. Love transcends any kind of dualism. It is many-sided, multifaceted, patient and tolerant. It knows that we will be okay. It trusts us to learn what we need to learn when we are ready to learn it. ~ Paul Ferrini
2. May Our Life be filled with knowing the Joy of Light, Love and Pure innocence of the Heart. Now and Always.
3. “Aren’t you tired of letting the past dictate your life?” ~ Saving Mr. Banks
4. One mode of operation: judge and control. A better mode of operation: don’t give it any meaning and just Let it Flow. Thanks Benny
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 12.11.13 December 11, 2013
1. Sometimes we hold a core belief that is very strong. When we are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, we will rationalize, ignore and even deny anything that does not fit in with the core belief.
2. Mind offers you a life with death at the end of it. But the Heart offers you life without end. You choose. If you choose Heart, then you become Heart. When you become Heart, mind will also become Heart. But you must make the first move. ~ Mooji
3. When Christ warned us that we cannot serve two masters, I believe he was talking about Love or fear. There comes a time when messing around with Mr. In-Between, a little of both, becomes intolerable. I’ve reached that point. No more serving fear as if it was my master, holding hands with it, and gripping it as if it offered me safety and structure in the world. I’m holding hands with the ways of love. ARE YOU WITH ME? Thanks Scott
4. Learning to say No Clearly: When you don’t want to do something, say “no” clearly. A simple “no” said clearly from the heart can prevent the drama of self-abuse. When we no longer betray ourselves by saying “yes” when we want to say “no”, we will no longer attract people into our life who will disrespect our boundaries. ~ Paul Ferrini
5. There is NO cruelty in God/Creator/Spirit/Source therefore there is NONE in ME…
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 12.8.13 December 8, 2013
1. Do not pursue the past. Do not lose yourself in the future. The past no longer is. The future has not yet come. Looking deeply at life as it is. In the very here and now, The practitioner dwells in stability and freedom. ~ Bhaddekaratta Sutta
2. Don’t study. If it happens, let it happen. But don’t be dedicated to study. Be dedicated to drown yourself, to disappear, to vanish in the Absolute Self. With such an attitude one moves from death to everlasting life. ~ Mooji
3. Sometimes we can get so caught up in pretending to be the way we think we should be so that “others” will see us the way we would like them to see us, that we wind up playing a dishonest game of denial that can only hold us back. BE Authentically YOU… that is what we came here to be… Awaking up to the Truth of who we ARE, without our “stories” of littleness.. Knowing our Greatness… Our “Tribe” can’t find US while we are PRETENDING to BE someone we are NOT…
4. How would we live so as to demonstrate that we are not an ego? We would not be concerned or fearful, knowing that we are not a body, we are an eternal being and there is no death. We would share abundance by giving all to all, knowing that there is only Love, we are that, and we are lacking nothing.
The “ego” can be seen as a “getting” mechanism; so to demonstrate one is NOT an ego, one can learn that life here is “for giving” not getting… as we give of what we have received freely, more will be received to freely give. Start with what ever is in your hands now and as you learn to give where you would have expected to get, because you thought you “needed,” the principle will generalize within your heart/mind and become all inclusive. This IS the ABUNDANCE of the Kingdom!
It about being who we are, not trying to be… Trees are not in duality… they just are. People get all twisted up in their identity… and try to do right or not do wrong. Does that help?
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 11.20.13 November 20, 2013
1. Surrender: You can’t have control if you want to live a life of Spirit. Spirituality requires surrender. You aren’t asked to surrender to someone else, nor are you asked to capitulate to your own ego. You are asked to surrender to the River that lies within you. The River is in charge. Your only choice is to fight its authority (an exhausting choice) or to accept it. Some people figure out right away
that surrender is inevitable. For others, it takes years. ~ Paul Ferrini
2. “Our life is what our thoughts make it.”-Marcus Aurelius
3. This is a hospital where we have come to be healed of a mental illness called split mind (the idea of separation). We are here only for our healing. This is a school where we have come to learn and to undo the idea that we are a thing that we are not. We are here only to learn, and lessons are repeated over and over until we learn the Truth. And it is the Truth that will set US free.
4. If I defend myself I am attacked. By planning for the defense of a self that I am not, I are attacking the Self that I AM. And if I feel defensive about anything I have identified with a self that I am not.
The ego would convince us that we are a thing that we are not. In fact, the ego is the thing that I believe I am (which I am not).
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 11.13.13 November 13, 2013
1. Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don’t. – Steve Maraboli
2. Taking off the Mask: The persona and the behavior associated with it is just a mask. If you see only the mask, you won’t see who the other person is. If s/he sees only your mask, s/he will not see you truly. ~ Paul Ferrini
3. Suffering is a product of limited knowledge. ~ Sri Sri Ravishankar
4. When we slow down we allow the Universe to work on our behalf.
5. The Wrong Choice?: You think your problem lies in making the wrong choice. Yet every choice is an opportunity to learn. It cannot be wrong, unless your refuse to learn from your mistakes. ~ Paul Ferrini
6. “Life is love, dearest. All else is imagined confusion.” ~Byron Katie
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 11.5.13 November 6, 2013
1. I am worthy of all the good things in Life.
2. “The only thing you need to learn is that you already are what you’re seeking to attain. Just express your uniqueness fearlessly, with abandon! That’s why you’re made the way you are, and that’s why you’re here in the physical world.” ~ Anita Moorjani
3. Staying With Our Feelings: Being in a place of peace may be the goal, but if we want to get there we have to engage in the process of being with ourselves when we are not at peace. When we are angry or sad, we usually try to push our feelings away. Or we try to analyze them, which amounts to the same thing. Most of us are looking for the rocketship to heaven. We want to go from feeling pain to feeling ecstasy without having to change buses. We have to learn that it is better to take step one in good faith, than to try to leapfrog to step twenty-six on the first attempt. It takes courage to stay with what we are feeling. And it takes a lot of practice before we can learn to do it effectively. But what is the alternative? If we deny or intellectualize our feelings, we will squander the opportunity they provide us for real transformation. ~ Paul Ferrini
4. Forgiveness is only a struggle to the mind that sees grievances as more valuable or justified than peace. Release all reason for judgment and flow freely by.