“Conflict cannot survive without your participation.” ~ Wayne Dyer
The pure Self alone is. It is timeless and unchanging. It is what we truly are. Removing the mask of personal identity, this liberating Truth becomes spontaneously known inside the Heart. ~ Mooji
No matter how long your journey appears to be – there is never more than this:
one step one breath one moment – Now. ~~ Eckhart Tolle
Thought for Today 6.19.14 June 19, 2014
Are you at Peace?
When you are firmly committed to your inner journey, where you go outwardly becomes irrelevant. The real journey is the journey to peace within your own heart. The only question that can be asked on the inward journey is “are you at peace?”
If you are not at peace, then you have identified with something outside of yourself. Peace is always there. It seems to disappear only because you turn your attention elsewhere. ~ Paul Ferrini
Thought for Today 5.29.14 May 29, 2014
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 3.5.14 March 5, 2014
1. We are all affecting the world every moment, whether we mean to or not. Our actions and state of mind matters, because we are so deeply interconnected with one another. ~ Ram Dass
2. “To laugh often and love much; to win the respect of intelligent persons and the affection of children; to earn the approbation of honest citizens and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty; to find the best in others; to give of one’s self; to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to have played and laughed with enthusiasm and sung with exultation; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived – this is to have succeeded.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. By being with yourself, the ‘I am’, by watching yourself in your daily life with alert interest, with the intention to understand rather than to judge, in full acceptance of whatever may emerge, because it is there, you encourage the deep to come to the surface and enrich your life and consciousness with its captive energies. This is the great work of awareness; it removes obstacles and releases energies by understanding the nature of life and mind. Intelligence is the door to freedom and alert attention is the mother of intelligence. ~ NISARGADATTA
4. “The journey to the cross should be the last “useless journey.” Do not dwell upon it, but dismiss it as accomplished. If you can accept it as your own last useless journey, you are also free to join my resurrection. Until you do so your life is indeed wasted.” – A Course in Miracles
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 1.11.14 January 11, 2014
1. “Our journey is about being more deeply involved in life and yet less attached to it.” ~ Ram Dass
2. If you suffer, it’s because of YOU, if you feel bliss it’s because of YOU. Nobody else is responsible – only YOU and you alone. You are your hell and your heaven too. ~ Osho
3. I am never talking about tomorrow, yesterday or even today.
I am pointing only to the timeless now.
Here there is not the concept or anticipation of ‘next’.
Only the full awareness of being and presence.
No intention, no investment here. None needed.
If there appear any plans, they are only sketches and all sketches are made in pencil.
Everything erasable, everything changeable, and yet one’s being is neither fickle nor flimsy.
There is a strength, but also a lightness.
There is power, but also softness.
There is firmness, but also flexibility.
The being is like solid emptiness.
Yet more solid than a mountain. Lighter than space.
Full yet emptiness.
Just a very thin veil keeps that necessary sense of individuality functioning now.
It need not be lost.
One’s being simply become like space moving in space.
My words are not a promise, just a pointing.
Sometimes I may say the Self is like a feeling-less feeling.
Yet, in truth, it cannot be described at all.
The Being is without story. Just the subtlest vibration.
That vibration itself is presence.
That vibration and joy are one and the same.
That vibration and peace, same-same.
That vibration and contentment are, similarly, the same.
But paradoxically, there is witnessing to the vibration, to presence.
Who is there? ~ Mooji
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 1.9.14 January 9, 2014
1. “The Dance is about finding ways to let our essential nature guide our choices and our actions. It’s about honestly looking at the times when it is hard for us to remember and be guided by who we really are- the times when we are tired and hurt, frightened and angry. It’s about the places in this culture where it is easy to become confused about who we are – when we are dealing with money and sex and death and power.” ~ Oriah Mountain Dreamer from THE DANCE
Ah yes, the places where we sink into unconsciousness. How to stay awake to what we are? Well, in part it helps to accept that human beings repeatedly go to sleep & wake up. Oh, I don’t mean to suggest that we can’t ever learn to be more frequently awake – only that trying “harder” won’t necessarily work, & may just stir the fears that make going unconscious likely. It is a steady, gentle practice finding our own way of coming back to center, of grounding & checking in with ourselves, of calming anxiety & letting ourselves BE here. Whether we pray or meditation, follow our breath or consciously move & ground our body. . . . or all of these and more. . . we can come home to ourselves a thousand times a day.
2. OUR MOST FRAGILE VULNERABILITY: If we are able to travel to the very center of our deepest vulnerability, around which we have built up many layers of defenses, and allow it to be there – without doing anything with it, something miraculous will happen. While it will smart initially, travelling to the center of our vulnerability and allowing it to be, will initiate a growth in stature within. When we realize we can give up our most cherished defenses, what we thought was going to flounder and die will actually rise up, much like a tightly-bound bud springing up into bloom at the first sight of Light and Love. So go there now. As we do so, our courage will be rewarded a thousandfold. And if you would like a hand with it, let me know. Thanks Daniel..
3. The goal of our spiritual journey is not about being a successful human being having more serial adventures in space/time. It is about going beyond illusions – beyond that mistaken idea of being a separate mind contained in a body seemingly living in a world of opposites, separation and death. It’s about becoming aware of our Self as an infinite and eternal being.
4. Miracles transcend the body. They are sudden shifts into invisibility, away from the bodily level. That is why they heal. ACIM T-1 I.17
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 9.21.13 September 21, 2013
1. Life is Our Teacher: Life is our teacher and we can learn from whatever life brings us. Of course, when life asks us to go deeper in our journey of understanding and compassion, we don’t always want to do it. We are satisfied with the level that we have. But we can’t ignore our marching orders when we get them, We don’t get to say “no” to what life asks from us. The healing and redemptive power of experience lies in its ability to help us access and give birth to the deepest part of ourselves. That is why spiritual challenges are a necessary part of our growth. ~ Paul Ferrini
2. We can replace pain with laughter and joy; exchange feeling weighed down with a lightness of being. The purpose of Byron Katie’s Work is freedom: freedom for us all…
3. “Life is simple. Everything happens for you, not to you. Everything happens at exactly the right moment, neither too soon nor too late. You don’t have to like it… it’s just easier if you do. Nothing comes ahead of its time, and nothing ever happened that didn’t need to happen- Life doesn’t happen to us, it happens for us!.
Until we know that death is as good as life, and that it always comes in its own sweet way, we’re going to take on the role of God without the awareness of it, and it’s always going to hurt. Whenever you mentally oppose what is, you’re going to experience sadness and apparent separation. There’s no sadness without a story.
What is is. You are it. Taking on the role of “God” means that we step into the identity of the wise one, that one who knows what should happen, and so we try to control things, out of this “I-know” mind. We think that we know what is best for the people we love and for ourselves. We oppose reality, and whenever we do, it hurts. We believe our thought that death is a bad thing, we are sad or angry when someone we love dies, and we are afraid of dying ourselves. This is the “I-know” mind, pure arrogance, the sufferer. Just keep coming home to yourself and watch what happens in reality, just for fun.” – Byron Katie
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 9.14.13 September 14, 2013
1. Authenticity: Don’t be concerned that your path is not like that of others. It takes courage to be yourself and not to live in reaction to the likes and dislikes of others. Be courageous and follow your heart. You need to walk your own unique path
in order to honor yourself and fulfill your spiritual purpose. If your life direction makes other people uncomfortable, then they do not have to share the journey with you. Don’t be disappointed, if this is the case. When others choose to leave, it is usually because they must move in a different direction to honor themselves. ~ Paul Ferrini
2. Your task is not to seek for love [or hear the Holy Spirit’s Voice], but merely to seek and find all of the barriers within yourself that you have built against it. It is not necessary to seek for what is true, but it is necessary to seek for what is false A Course In Miracles (T-I6.IV.6:1-2).
3. Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it!
when you learn the ability to love in the purest form then your life will be filled with love, because you will be love.
Rumi (Interesting Only Truth is True, Rumi was 800 yrs ago and ACIM in this century both with the same message)
4. You are not a body – neither a sick one nor a healthy one. You are spirit. Don’t let the body tell you what you are or how you should feel. Whatever seems to be happening to that body is not happening to you.
If it is not eternal then it is not real and it is of absolutely no value. If this is true, then what is the motivation for all that we do? Are we not striving to obtain and defend that which is of no value? Seeing this, one recognizes the meaninglessness and futility of the human condition. And yet the doing continues. But now the investment is withdrawn – I am not the doer, nor am I concerned about the results – more and more aware of the witness that rests in the eternal.