“Teaching is done in many ways, above all by example. Teaching should be healing, because it is the sharing of ideas and the recognition that to share ideas is to strengthen them. I cannot forget my need to teach what I have learned, which arose in me because I learned it. I call upon you to teach what you have learned, because by so doing you can depend on it.” ~ ACIM (5-IV-5)
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 11.16.13 November 16, 2013
1. “What do you want for our planet, for your community? If what you want is peace and cooperation, and you are willing to really not know how that will come about, then your mind will open to discover.” ~ from Gangaji’s Letting the World into Your Heart
2. Trust, faith and hope are only my imagination that the future is real. They take me out of THIS Perfection that is always here, Now…
3. The Past & The Big Picture: The past only has an impact on the present when you continue to waste your powerful thought and feeling energies on something that no longer exists at all, other than in your own mind. Whatever it was that happened is finished now, and no matter how uncomfortable it was for you, you need to come to the understanding that at some level you chose it, and that it helped to build your character and make you a stronger individual.
Whenever you do find yourself wondering why something turned out the way it did, I suggest calling to mind the old adage that often times ‘God does work in mysterious ways’. The truth is, you really don’t know the ‘big picture’. So, even though you might be inclined to feel sad about a certain event in your past, make the decision to accept the realization that there is a higher order to things, and that something good will eventually come of it. – Jeff Maziarek, from “Spirituality Simplified”
4. How to tell if you are dead or alive: if we are fearful, unhappy or concerned for any reason, then we are dead. If Peace, Love, Joy and Light are in our awareness, then we are alive. Our function here is to be about the business of raising the dead.
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 8.20.13 August 20, 2013
1. Your own being created me in your life to remind you of who you truly are. Don’t depend on me, use me. ~ Mooji
2. I looked into temples, churches and mosques. But I found the Divine within my Heart. ~ Rumi
3. “The Holy Spirit needs a happy learner, in whom His mission can be happily accomplished. You who are steadfastly devoted to misery must first recognize that you
are miserable and not happy.” – A Course in Miracles
4. As I see it . . .
Each day our work is to enlarge our capacity to channel the One Life through us by our willingness and determination to go just a little farther than we have gone before. Our future is determined by what we are thinking, believing and saying today.
The ones who can mentally embody the most are the ones who experience the most that Life has to offer. Therefore our work is not about getting or receiving more, but rather is a matter of providing a larger avenue for It to flow through.
Consciousness animates matter. ~ Jacob Glass