The person who loves what is makes use of anything life happens to bring her way, because she doesn’t con or fool herself. What comes her way is always good, even though people may say otherwise, she sees clearly. There is no adversity in her life. The only adversity in her life is lived out through others’ experience, the old ones that now are only familiar to her. As she became enlightened to the way of it, others learn the way of it. There is no adversity. Someone tells her, “I’m leaving you” she feels the excitement rising within her, as she can see only the advantages in that. Someone says, “I’m joining you,” and she can see only the advantages in that. What could be a more powerful experience than silence? “He’s joining me now.” What could be a dearer experience than him joining me? He’s leaving. She loses her eyesight. No she doesn’t. She has come to see that it’s not possible. The faces are no different than the leaves on a tree. It’s all in her mind. Her mind is everything. And then surgeries come into play – wonderful surgeries that are stable and effective. She doesn’t need the eyesight, and there’s nothing she can do not to see what she is to see. The way of it is always dearer than our thoughts about it. And our thoughts about it are all that is of the way of it. She is in them idle of the dearest life, as she is working away on her computer, and her son comes to visit. That turned out to be the deadline, not what she thought it was. She loves her deadlines, they’re always on time. She, like everything else, is the beautiful simple flow of the way of it. ~ Byron Katie on: ‘She doesn’t con or fool herself’
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 2.27.14 February 27, 2014
1. “There is a huge amount of freedom that comes to you when you take nothing personally.” ~Don Miguel Ruiz
2. Experiencing Joy: You cannot experience Joy in Life by following or opposing the ideas and actions of other people. You experience Joy only by remaining faithful to the truth within your own heart. ~ Paul Ferrini
3. That romantic, special and exclusive one-on-one stuff that the world has taught us is love is not love at all. It’s just an attempt at ego support and defense (but it does offer valuable learning opportunities). Real love is not special or exclusive in any way. It demands nothing in return. Real love extends to, embraces and includes all without exception.
4. Just a reminder: Be not tempted to see yourself as unfairly treated. Don’t blame, judge, condemn, fear or attack. Don’t compare or compete. Don’t correct or try to fix your brother. That’s not your job. Forgive and ask for help to see the Christ in the other. Greet each other with a smile. Treat each other as you would want to be treated. Love one another. Let this be the essence of your spiritual practice, for it is only your Self that you meet and it is your Self that you would find and know.
5. Today We Affirm: I expect a day of answered prayers and open doors. I am aligned with the Divine Presence, radiating clarity, poise, peace and Power. Everything I need comes to me easily, effortlessly and in perfect timing. I enjoy working with Life to create my world each day. There is nothing too good to be true, nothing that cannot happen for me or through me. I greet each day with love and joy in my heart and Life expresses goodness through me. I look for and find the good in all people I meet today. I call it forth by my Holy Intention. Through me, Life is creating a wonderful day of answered prayers and limitless good for all.
6. This is a POWERFUL AUDIO of Byron Katie doing “The Work” with a Lovely woman on judging her friend for being “negative” I love the laughter and Joy that comes from questioning our “stressful” thoughts http://www.thework.com/audio/bestfriendnegative.mp3
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 2.17.14 February 17, 2014
1. A clear mind heals everything that needs to be healed. It can never be fooled into believing that there is one speck out of order. ~ Byron Katie
2. We can make up any story we want. None of our stories are true…
3. Fear reLIES on the limited interpretation…
4. One of the best ways to gain self-confidence is to do what we are afraid of doing.
5. Relax without laziness… Focus without tension… Perceive without projecting.. Witness without judging… Enjoy without craving… Reflect without imagining… Love without condition.. Give without demanding… Receive without possessing… Serve without self-seeking… Challenge without dominating…Meditate without identity… Correct without blaming… Overcome without pride…Laugh without cynicism… Cry without pity… Confront without hatred… Guide without superiority… Be without self-defining… Live without arrogance… Enter without self-importance… Depart without regret… Be one with God ~ Mooji
6. Today We Affirm: There is a Dynamic Power and Presence in the Universe that I call God. God is good. Life is good – and I am good. I am not weak, nor damaged, not insane, nor a sinner. I am capable and powerful. I am a Child of the God of Love. All things are possible for me and I create a wonderful life for myself through this Divine Love within me. My heart is full of overflowing Love for all of Life. Love is everywhere and I am lovable and loving. Today I am channeling this Love, therefore my Presence is healing, soothing, uplifting and joyful to those around me. Today is a delightful day of unfolding good. ~ Jacob Glass
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 12.13.13 December 13, 2013
1. I am doing this to myself. Everything I experience I have asked for and received as per my request. Yet, everything that happens is carefully planned by one whose only purpose is my good – even what seem to be the bad things that happen. How I see and experience the stuff that happens is what I am doing to myself. Which is why I am learning to choose again – to make better choices in how I see and react to the stuff that seems to happen. Thanks Benny
2. While we are preoccupied with our special relationships and the activities of the day, there is something else. We’re missing it! The Voice of Spirit/Source can be heard, but we are not listening. The pure light of the real world can be seen but that is not what we choose to see. The love of God/Source/Creator/Universe can be felt but we have blocked it from our awareness. While we are busy defending that which we mistakenly think we are, there is something else. If we really knew what we were missing we would drop everything and give it our full attention. There is something else – something expansive and more – even now – a complete alternative to what seems to have captured our awareness.
3. “When we’re true to ourselves, we become instruments of truth for the planet. Because we’re all connected, we touch the lives of everyone around us, who then affect others. Our only obligation is to be the love we are and allow our answers to come from within in the way that’s most appropriate for us.
Finally, I can’t stress enough how important it is to enjoy yourself and not take yourself or life too seriously. One of the biggest flaws with many traditional spiritual systems is that they give you such a somber outlook. Although you know that I abhor creating doctrines, if I ever had to create a set of tenets for a spiritual path to healing, number one on my list would be to make sure to laugh as often as possible throughout every single day—and preferably laugh at myself. This would be hands down over and above any form of prayer, meditation, chanting, or diet reform. Day-to-day problems never seem as big when viewed through a veil of humor and love.
In this age of information technology, we’re bombarded with news seemingly at the speed of light. We’re living in an age of high stress and fear, and in the midst of trying to protect ourselves from everything we think is “out there,” we’ve forgotten to enjoy ourselves and to take care of what’s inside.
Our life is our prayer. It’s our gift to this universe, and the memories we leave behind when we someday exit this world will be our legacy to our loved ones. We owe it to ourselves and to everyone around us to be happy and to spread that joy around.
If we can go through life armed with humor and the realization that we are love, we’ll already be ahead of the game. Add a box of good chocolates into the mix, and we’ve really got a winning formula!” ~ Anita Moorjani from Dying to be Me
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 11.10.13 November 10, 2013
1. Being at Peace: We don’t come to peace by trying to change others. We come to peace by being peaceful in our own hearts and minds. The goal of peace and the process of peace are one and the same. ~ Paul Ferrini
2. Today We Affirm: People are wonderful, Life is good,and God is guiding me. I am drawing all the very best out of everyone I meet as I focus my attention and open my heart to their goodness. Each day my joy and peace are growing as I choose to experience the very best of Life that lies before me. I tell my truth quickly, live authentically from Source and release all others to live exactly as they choose without attachment. I am grateful, happy and filled with Joie de Vivre! ~ Jacob Glass (I went to see Jacob at Unity yesterday morning, he was celebrating 23 years of teaching here in Santa Barbara, he spoke for 2 1/2 hours straight, it was an amazing GIFT I gave myself)
3. A relationship is what the ego uses as external validation supporting the idea of specialness and separateness, and it is what the Holy (Wholly) Spirit would use to teach us that we are love and love is one.
4. The ideal relationship is not a matter of one being dependent upon the other to get something. It is when two or more come together for the increased joy of sharing what each already has and is. And love is all there is. Love and joy are a package deal.You cannot have one without the other, and both are increased when shared. ~ Thanks Benny
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 10.10.13 October 10, 2013
1. Do not pursue the past. Do not lose yourself in the future. The past no longer is. The future has not yet come. Looking deeply at life as it is, in the very here and now, the practitioner dwells in stability and freedom. ~ Bhaddekaratta Sutta ~
2. “Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.” – Einstein
“I’m not good enough”
“I’m not good enough”
“I’m not good enough”
“Forgive me for believing I’m not good enough” Ahhhhh!
“Forgive me for forgetting that I am whole, complete, and perfect as I am” Aaahhhhhhh!! Choose Again
3. Being with someone you have nothing in common with might be the best learning experience you can have at this time. That which you think you have nothing in common with is your own stuff being projected out there. What a wonderful opportunity to release those judgments – to learn to love and laugh it all away. The more quickly this is learned the sooner you can move on, and when it is time to move on it will be a no-brainer.
4.“Truth is not a reward for good behavior, nor a prize for passing some tests. It cannot be brought about. It is the primary, the unborn, the ancient source of all that is. You are eligible because you are. You need not merit truth. It is your own….Stand still, be quiet.” ~Sri Nisargadatta
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 8.1.13 August 1, 2013
1. Love doesn’t seek anything. It doesn’t want, doesn’t need, has no shoulds (not even for the person’s own good). It’s already complete. ~ Byron Katie
2. Come to me without you…. I will come to you without me ….. ~ Rumi ~
3. “And remember, as it was written, to love another person is to see the face of God.” ~ Les Miserables
4. The light which shines in the eye is really the light of the heart. ~ Rumi