We have a choice in each moment to See with Our Spirit mind or Ego mind…
Thought for Today 9.9.15 September 9, 2015
Our True Nature and Purpose: by Teri Jo Wheeler
For those of you who have or work with kids, please, can you teach them (and, more importantly model) how not to be jerks? Can you help them be with and process their emotions, especially darker ones so this doesn’t ooze out onto others unconsciously? I know it’s a tall order, but I am seeing much more callousness, meanness, entitlement and selfishness out there and it is heart-breaking. Blaming these ‘kids today’ does not help. This is learned behavior – not natural at all. It comes from too much apathy, distraction and screen time and not enough heart-to-heart, face-to-face ‘being’ time – true for all of us. I know this isn’t a newsflash to anyone, but sheesh, it’s super scary to witness the severity of the pain and disconnect they carry. Nothing is more important than raising kind and caring humans – not raising smart, shrewd or successful ones, nor athletic, creative or competitive ones, not pretty, popular, privileged or cool ones… but kind ones, empathetic ones, thoughtful, generous, conscious, connected and compassionate ones – these are the people who will truly make a difference here. And, we need all the help we can get now, btw – all those later qualities ARE our true nature. We are wired to care about and serve each other. If we are not doing this naturally, the system has gone awry and we need to do something radical to come back into balance, to get back to our True Nature (hint hint) and what really matters.
Thought for Today 9.1.15 September 1, 2015
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 2.3.14 February 3, 2014
1. The greatest enemy, whom with we most often struggle, is our own thinking.
2. If we want change, we must be willing to be uncomfortable.
3. Messages from Spirit: Don’t be surprised if Spirit addresses you when you get quiet. It would be more surprising if you were not addressed. Since Spirit doesn’t usually get many opportunities to get your attention, it usually takes advantage of the opportunities it gets. Messages from the Spirit are uplifting, inspiring, centering, encouraging. They do not complicate or confuse us, but simplify our lives and make straight our path. They make it easier for us to love ourselves and others. ~ Paul Ferrini
4. “The more you struggle to live, the less you live. Give up the notion that you must be sure of what you are doing. Instead, surrender to what is real within you, for that alone is sure….you are above everything distressing.” ~ Baruch Spinoza
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 1.7.14 January 7, 2014
1. “We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.” Francois de La Rochefoucauld
2. Giving without Resentment: We may think that we are being generous to others, but when we resent them for not responding to us in kind, we need to question our own motives. Did we give unconditionally or did we give to get something back? Did we feel good in giving or did we feel that we were making a sacrifice? Only our honesty here can tell us whether or not our gift was genuine. If it was, we won’t resent it. If we resent it, chances are the gift was not given freely. ~ Paul Ferrini
3. We can appreciate people who stimulate our creativity and make us think on a deeper level.
4. Your teachers will meet you wherever you think you are and set the bar a reachable distance above that point. More often than not your greatest teacher is your daily life. The lesson that is before you now is one that you are ready and able to learn. Don’t mess it up or you will just have to take another shot at it later. Thanks Benny
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 1.1.14 January 1, 2014
1. The secret of change is to focus all of your Energy, not on fighting the old, but on Building the New! ~ Socrates
2. “Do you want to know what my secret is? I don’t mind what happens.” ~ Krishnamurti.
Now, that may sound like indifference which is not the purpose of forgiveness. I look forward to whatever ‘happens’ as everything brings me a gift of healing. Absolutely everything is gift wrapped for me. I may not like the wrapping or the situation or person presenting the gift, but there always is a gift in the wrapping… There is a difference between not minding and not caring. It’s not that I don’t care, but I don’t mind….
3. Teaching to a split mind is pretty much a bad news good news situation. The bad news is that there is no hope of US finding peace and love here. It gets worse. We are synonymous with ‘here.’ The good news is that as we awaken ‘here’ changes. It gets better. When we come to know thy Self there is no ‘here.’ There is only the Love and Peace that we have always been.
4. Today we Affirm: Guided by Spirit and encouraged by Love, we are writing a brand new story for a better world. Embrace the gift of each day with passion and purpose. We allow our magnificent Light to shine brightly. We hold the intention to Love our Self, one another and the Universe.
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 12.9.13 December 9, 2013
1. “Fear is the cheapest room in the house. I would like to see you living in better conditions.” ~ Hafiz.
2. Joy unwraps the gift in every moment.
3. “Your Brother’s Call for Help: You can walk on one leg, but it is not as efficient as walking on two. You can live a solitary life, but you won’t grow as much spiritually as you will if you interact with others. To be alone is essential, but never sufficient. No matter how solitary you become, you cannot escape your brother’s call for help. To try to do so is foolish. For it is his call for help that forces you to look at your own anger, fear and guilt.” ~ Paul Ferrini
4. Share of your Self not through mere accomplishments; but by simply being a witness for All Love existing through and beyond you.
5. Seek not to change the world, but choose to change your mind about the world. ~ACIM
6. That which thinks that there is something that it needs to get (a person, thing, situation or event) for its fulfillment, completion and happiness is ego. Spirit (the reality of US) is eternally whole and its joy is complete – Spirit is not aware of a need to get ANYTHING. What does EVERYTHING need?
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 11.21.13 November 21, 2013
1. What you focus on will manifest. What you resist will persist because you are focusing on it. If you try to solve problems by focusing on them you will likely be perpetuating them. A good way to deal with problems is to trust in, and expect, a miracle. And then stop focusing on them. Trust is the operative factor. If there is something you need to do, you will be told and/or gently lead. Another way to deal with problems is to recognize that you have no problems.
2. We are manifesting things and experiences all of the time. That’s what dreamers do. Most of it is by default. Our fears, judgments, guilt and grievances have been a part of us for so long that we are not aware of what our minds are doing and manifesting. It takes some willingness and vigilance to become aware and to change these default settings. Some of these weeds must be pulled if we would experience gentler more loving dreams
3. Few people can grasp the Truth as it really is. They grasp it intellectually, but when it is grasped in the Heart or It grasps you in the Heart, then It grasps you so fully that there are no longer two. There is no ‘you’ and It, there is only Truth. Truth suffocates the ego.
The grip of God suffocates the ego. It cannot breathe, and merges into the One. ~ Mooji
4. Everything I GIVE, I GIVE to myself… There is only One. And One is NOT TWO… Outside of me there is nothing. As I see another I see myself. Having rests on me giving. I am the only one that can deprive myself. Whatever I am experiencing I have asked for, and I am doing it to myself. And when I have had enough suffering I will learn to be patient, kind, gentle, merciful and forgiving…. And remember the ego is reading this stuff too, it will use this to induce GUILT, IF I AM RESPONSIBLE, I MUST BE GUILTY… NOPE, not one word of that is True, I am 100% responsible, and 100% INNOCENT at the same time… I CAN CHANGE MY MIND AT ANY TIME…
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 8.8.13 August 8, 2013
1. “There is nothing worth holding onto any longer that keeps your peace and happiness at arm’s length. Become committed – fully committed to the experience of happiness” The Way of Mastery
2. True Rewards:
Spiritual actions have significant rewards, but these rewards do not come to those who seek them. The gifts of Spirit must be offered without ulterior motives or strings attached. They must be given for the benefit of others without thought of how they might benefit self.
Gifts that are given spontaneously and in good faith return to the giver many times over. One who gives in this way lacks nothing of value and does not accumulate possessions that he does not need. ~ Everyday Wisdom by Paul Ferrini
3. Sure sign of spiritual maturity:
Taking responsibility no longer feels like you are taking the blame.
4. No one can give if he is concerned with the result of giving. ACIM
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 7.15.13 July 15, 2013
1. Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing. – Mother Teresa
2. Wrinkles should only merely indicate where smiles have been. ~ Mark Twain
3. Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye. ~ H. Jackson Brown Jr
4. Completion: Don’t be surprised when people come to you with the expectation that you make them whole. It is a common occurrence. But don’t take the bait. You cannot complete another, nor can another complete you. You must know that you are already enough. ~ Everyday Wisdom by Paul Ferrini