We have a choice in each moment to See with Our Spirit mind or Ego mind…
Thought for Today 9.9.15 September 9, 2015
Our True Nature and Purpose: by Teri Jo Wheeler
For those of you who have or work with kids, please, can you teach them (and, more importantly model) how not to be jerks? Can you help them be with and process their emotions, especially darker ones so this doesn’t ooze out onto others unconsciously? I know it’s a tall order, but I am seeing much more callousness, meanness, entitlement and selfishness out there and it is heart-breaking. Blaming these ‘kids today’ does not help. This is learned behavior – not natural at all. It comes from too much apathy, distraction and screen time and not enough heart-to-heart, face-to-face ‘being’ time – true for all of us. I know this isn’t a newsflash to anyone, but sheesh, it’s super scary to witness the severity of the pain and disconnect they carry. Nothing is more important than raising kind and caring humans – not raising smart, shrewd or successful ones, nor athletic, creative or competitive ones, not pretty, popular, privileged or cool ones… but kind ones, empathetic ones, thoughtful, generous, conscious, connected and compassionate ones – these are the people who will truly make a difference here. And, we need all the help we can get now, btw – all those later qualities ARE our true nature. We are wired to care about and serve each other. If we are not doing this naturally, the system has gone awry and we need to do something radical to come back into balance, to get back to our True Nature (hint hint) and what really matters.
Thought for Today 9.1.15 September 1, 2015
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 2.3.14 February 3, 2014
1. The greatest enemy, whom with we most often struggle, is our own thinking.
2. If we want change, we must be willing to be uncomfortable.
3. Messages from Spirit: Don’t be surprised if Spirit addresses you when you get quiet. It would be more surprising if you were not addressed. Since Spirit doesn’t usually get many opportunities to get your attention, it usually takes advantage of the opportunities it gets. Messages from the Spirit are uplifting, inspiring, centering, encouraging. They do not complicate or confuse us, but simplify our lives and make straight our path. They make it easier for us to love ourselves and others. ~ Paul Ferrini
4. “The more you struggle to live, the less you live. Give up the notion that you must be sure of what you are doing. Instead, surrender to what is real within you, for that alone is sure….you are above everything distressing.” ~ Baruch Spinoza
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 1.7.14 January 7, 2014
1. “We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.” Francois de La Rochefoucauld
2. Giving without Resentment: We may think that we are being generous to others, but when we resent them for not responding to us in kind, we need to question our own motives. Did we give unconditionally or did we give to get something back? Did we feel good in giving or did we feel that we were making a sacrifice? Only our honesty here can tell us whether or not our gift was genuine. If it was, we won’t resent it. If we resent it, chances are the gift was not given freely. ~ Paul Ferrini
3. We can appreciate people who stimulate our creativity and make us think on a deeper level.
4. Your teachers will meet you wherever you think you are and set the bar a reachable distance above that point. More often than not your greatest teacher is your daily life. The lesson that is before you now is one that you are ready and able to learn. Don’t mess it up or you will just have to take another shot at it later. Thanks Benny
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 1.1.14 January 1, 2014
1. The secret of change is to focus all of your Energy, not on fighting the old, but on Building the New! ~ Socrates
2. “Do you want to know what my secret is? I don’t mind what happens.” ~ Krishnamurti.
Now, that may sound like indifference which is not the purpose of forgiveness. I look forward to whatever ‘happens’ as everything brings me a gift of healing. Absolutely everything is gift wrapped for me. I may not like the wrapping or the situation or person presenting the gift, but there always is a gift in the wrapping… There is a difference between not minding and not caring. It’s not that I don’t care, but I don’t mind….
3. Teaching to a split mind is pretty much a bad news good news situation. The bad news is that there is no hope of US finding peace and love here. It gets worse. We are synonymous with ‘here.’ The good news is that as we awaken ‘here’ changes. It gets better. When we come to know thy Self there is no ‘here.’ There is only the Love and Peace that we have always been.
4. Today we Affirm: Guided by Spirit and encouraged by Love, we are writing a brand new story for a better world. Embrace the gift of each day with passion and purpose. We allow our magnificent Light to shine brightly. We hold the intention to Love our Self, one another and the Universe.
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 12.9.13 December 9, 2013
1. “Fear is the cheapest room in the house. I would like to see you living in better conditions.” ~ Hafiz.
2. Joy unwraps the gift in every moment.
3. “Your Brother’s Call for Help: You can walk on one leg, but it is not as efficient as walking on two. You can live a solitary life, but you won’t grow as much spiritually as you will if you interact with others. To be alone is essential, but never sufficient. No matter how solitary you become, you cannot escape your brother’s call for help. To try to do so is foolish. For it is his call for help that forces you to look at your own anger, fear and guilt.” ~ Paul Ferrini
4. Share of your Self not through mere accomplishments; but by simply being a witness for All Love existing through and beyond you.
5. Seek not to change the world, but choose to change your mind about the world. ~ACIM
6. That which thinks that there is something that it needs to get (a person, thing, situation or event) for its fulfillment, completion and happiness is ego. Spirit (the reality of US) is eternally whole and its joy is complete – Spirit is not aware of a need to get ANYTHING. What does EVERYTHING need?