“How do you react when you think that you need people’s love? Do you become a slave to their approval? Do you live an inauthentic life because you can’t bear the thought that they might disapprove of you? Do you try to figure out how they would like you to be, and then try to become that, like a chameleon? In fact, you can never really get their love this way. You try to turn into someone you aren’t, and then when they say “I love you” you can’t believe it, because they’re loving a facade. They’re loving someone who doesn’t even exist, the person you’re pretending to be. It’s difficult to seek other people’s love. It’s deadly. In seeking it you lose what is genuine. This is the prison we create for ourselves as we try to get the love we already have.” ~ Byron Katie
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 3.10.14 March 10, 2014
1. To teach is to demonstrate. An angry teacher teaches anger. A stressed teacher teaches stress. A joyful teacher teaches joy. ~ Jacob Glass
2. Today We Affirm: Life responds quickly to my positive thoughts today. I am love and I see love all around me as I walk the path of Grace and gently unfolding good. I release all fear and resistance and I trust Life to guide and direct my day with joyful ease. I cannot fail to be at the right place at the right time. All that I do is blessed, multiplied and prospered today and the Universe can arrange every detail with great ease. I am happy, grateful and filled with radiant faith in Life! ~ Jacob Glass
3. The only way to genuinely feel loved is to take the risk of being your True Self and then find out that you are accepted and cherished for who you really ARE.
4. If we find our self constantly trying to prove our worth to someone, we have already forgotten our value.
5. The ideal relationship is not a matter of one being dependent upon the other to get something. It is when two or more come together for the increased joy of sharing what each already has and IS. And Love is all there is. Love and joy are a package deal. We cannot have one without the other, and both are increased when shared.
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 1.7.14 January 7, 2014
1. “We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.” Francois de La Rochefoucauld
2. Giving without Resentment: We may think that we are being generous to others, but when we resent them for not responding to us in kind, we need to question our own motives. Did we give unconditionally or did we give to get something back? Did we feel good in giving or did we feel that we were making a sacrifice? Only our honesty here can tell us whether or not our gift was genuine. If it was, we won’t resent it. If we resent it, chances are the gift was not given freely. ~ Paul Ferrini
3. We can appreciate people who stimulate our creativity and make us think on a deeper level.
4. Your teachers will meet you wherever you think you are and set the bar a reachable distance above that point. More often than not your greatest teacher is your daily life. The lesson that is before you now is one that you are ready and able to learn. Don’t mess it up or you will just have to take another shot at it later. Thanks Benny
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 11.26.13 November 26, 2013
1. Getting “Real” or “Genuine” means I don’t have an image to maintain (no more image management). I don’t care about fitting in, and I don’t care what the popular opinion is of the society we live in. I live what feels “right” for me, even if it appears to be “weird”.
2. Life is not meant to be serious. Laughter is even more uplifting and healing than any form of prayer, meditation or chanting. ~ Anita Moorjani
3. There are many ways of seeing this work. One is to take 100% responsibility for all that happens.
If i do not KNOW that everything is FOR me, then that way of seeing invokes guilt: i am responsible, this sucks … ergo: i must be guilty…. a gentler way of seeing is to say that, yes, this happened, and yes, i think this sucks, AND somehow it must be for me (faith based position) so I have to keep looking at it with the help of the holy Spirit to see it differently. I have to power to interpret. who is the ‘i’ interpreting? the small ‘i’ ego self or the capital I higher Self? I will know whose opinion I asked by how i feel.
4. “Reason is powerless in the expression of Love.” ― Rumi