Thought for Today 9.23.15 September 23, 2015
Thought for Today 7.12.15 July 12, 2015
***Exchanging Skepticism for Unconditional Trust***
“What I mean by unconditionally trust in Life, is that you no longer expect to find enemies or to be hurt. People usually fear that if they simply start trusting in life and all beings fully, that they will lose their discernment and security along with dropping their skepticism, but skepticism is based in fear, while discernment and security are natural manifestations that come with raising one’s frequency.
Greater Intelligence can only be achieved by increasing one’s vibratory state of being; it can only arise from genuine bliss, not from mental control or skepticism.
So for your own sake, for your intelligence’s sake, and for the sake of this planet’s welfare, drop the skepticism and start trusting and loving unconditionally. It’ll make you smarter and more powerful than you ever thought possible, not dumber or victimized. Skepticism does not keep you in control, it keeps you in fear and out of alignment. After all, everything you meet is more of your Self, so what is there to fear?” ~ Bentiho
Thought for Today 8.11.14 August 11, 2014
“To feel the love of people whom we love is a fire that feeds our life.” ~ Pablo Neruda
There is no them. It’s just me, right? Yes and no. They are the rest of my mind. But how to heal their minds? The only way I know is via the healing of my mind. Mine becomes the healed mind in the barrel that heals the rest. Minds are joined – there is only the one mind. Ah yes, back to me again. I am that one mind. There is no them. ~ Thanks Benny….
DAMN IT!!! I wish there was someone to BLAME… LOL
Thought for Today 4.21.14 April 21, 2014
Thoughts and Quotes on Enlightenment and illusion for Today 2.23.14 February 23, 2014
1. My speaking is meant to shake you awake, not to tell you how to dream better. – Adyashanti
2. If you see the illusion you are enlightened, but if you think that you are enlightened, you are in the illusion. – Papaji
3. Truth is not just about what we say…it is the realization that what we’ve created, individually or collectively, is illusion. As we awaken, truth gets revealed to us…It sometimes rocks our “here and now” existence, creates feelings of pain or loss in the moment…but it also sets us free. When we free ourselves from the illusions, we can return to our own power.
4. Do not think that enlightenment is going to make you special, it’s not. If you feel special in any way, then enlightenment has not occurred. I meet a lot of people who think they are enlightened and awake simply because they have had a very moving spiritual experience. They wear their enlightenment on their sleeve like a badge of honor. They sit among friends and talk about how awake they are while sipping coffee at a cafe. The funny thing about enlightenment is that when it is authentic, there is no one to claim it. Enlightenment is very ordinary; it is nothing special. Rather than making you more special, it is going to make you less special. It plants you right in the center of a wonderful humility and innocence. Everyone else may or may not call you enlightened, but when you are enlightened the whole notion of enlightenment and someone who is enlightened is a big joke. I use the word enlightenment all the time; not to point you toward it but to point you beyond it. Do not get stuck in enlightenment. – Adyashanti
5. Today We Affirm: In my world, there is magic even in the mundane. I am not looking for special people or special moments. This moment is enough and I am sufficient for the moment. By Grace, I see my world with loving gentle eyes and I allow myself to be just as I am, and just as I am not. Therefore, I release all others to be just as they are. I will not push or bully myself today but instead I walk with the Mighty Ones Who guide me down the gentle paths of freedom, love and peace. ~ Jacob Glass
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 1.23.14 January 23, 2014
1. I’ve never met anybody with less integrity than myself. ~ Byron Katie (before we start defending our stand or “integrity”, we can re-member Life is showing UP as our mirror… what are my judgments thoughts against the world? what am I defending against? what am I making wrong?? it’s ALL ME showing UP for ME to see my false beliefs or errors about the world and ask for correction/healing)
2. I must have decided wrongly, because I am not at peace.
I made the decision myself, but I can also decide otherwise.
I want to decide otherwise, because I want to be at peace.
I do not feel guilty, because the Holy Spirit will undo all the consequences of my wrong decision if I will let Him. I choose to let Him, by allowing Him to decide for God for me. ~ ACIM Chapter 3
3. Today We Affirm: Here in my own yard, all is well. I stay in my own business and clean up my own vibration by choosing the thoughts that feel good when I think them. There is a Power and a Presence which guides my actions and leads my feet as I align myself with Higher Thoughts. There is no need to struggle or strive to get somewhere. I am following my joy and peace through the open doors. I am anointed with Grace to accomplish all with ease as I relax into the downstream thoughts, knowing that all is well.
4. Don’t be a storehouse of memories. Leave past, future and even present thoughts behind. Be a witness to life unfolding by itself. Be free of all attachments, fears and concerns by keeping your mind inside your own heart. Rest in Being. Like this, your life is always fresh and imbued with pure joy and timeless presence. Be happy, wise and free. ~ Mooji
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 12.1.13 December 1, 2013
1. Most of us do not see our beliefs. Instead our beliefs tell us what we see. This is the simple difference between clarity and confusion.
2. Have you ever notice that worry is more concerned with what could happen than what actually is happening? Do not exchange the peace of this moment for a story of misperception.
3. When you deeply appreciate and look forward to people criticizing you, you’re FREE. ~ Byron Katie
4. We are “getting there” when our intention to be helpful and to represent Him who sent us overshadows the ego based craving for attention and external validation.
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 11.20.13 November 20, 2013
1. Surrender: You can’t have control if you want to live a life of Spirit. Spirituality requires surrender. You aren’t asked to surrender to someone else, nor are you asked to capitulate to your own ego. You are asked to surrender to the River that lies within you. The River is in charge. Your only choice is to fight its authority (an exhausting choice) or to accept it. Some people figure out right away
that surrender is inevitable. For others, it takes years. ~ Paul Ferrini
2. “Our life is what our thoughts make it.”-Marcus Aurelius
3. This is a hospital where we have come to be healed of a mental illness called split mind (the idea of separation). We are here only for our healing. This is a school where we have come to learn and to undo the idea that we are a thing that we are not. We are here only to learn, and lessons are repeated over and over until we learn the Truth. And it is the Truth that will set US free.
4. If I defend myself I am attacked. By planning for the defense of a self that I am not, I are attacking the Self that I AM. And if I feel defensive about anything I have identified with a self that I am not.
The ego would convince us that we are a thing that we are not. In fact, the ego is the thing that I believe I am (which I am not).