“Our emotional state is attributed to events, people and situations outside of ourselves that we blame for how we are feeling. The truth is we have set up specifics in our lives to address our need to have something or someone to blame instead of taking responsibility for how we feel.” ~ Sarah Huemmert
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 3.22.14 March 22, 2014
1. Form is not a constant but a result. Form is the result of belief. – ACOL
2. Nothing in the world can bother you as much as your own mind, I tell you. In fact, others seem to be bothering you, but it’s not others, it is your mind. ~ Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
3. You have more harmony points with every person on the planet than you have disharmony points, because there is much more of you that is in harmony with your Core than you realize or that most of you allow. The closer you come to being in harmony with your Source Energy, the more in harmony you are with each other. When you think about other people and what they think of you, do you understand that what they think of you has very little to do with what you are? It has mostly to do with the habits of thought that they have developed. It has more to do with them as thinkers than it does with you as the subject of their thought. If nothing is more important to you than that you feel good, you can form a fantasy about someone who is in your life and they will begin to modify to meet your fantasy, because Law of Attraction is a very powerful thing. ~ Abraham-Hicks
4. There are two things that other people can’t and won’t live up to: YOUR VALUES AND YOUR FANTASIES Don’t fall into the illusion that anyone else is obligated to live according to what’s important to you in any way or at any time, even when they say they intend to. If they do, be grateful. BUT if they don’t, be unsurprised; they’re just being true to themselves and making decisions accordingly.” The Heart of Love by Dr John Demartini
5. From A YEAR OF MIRACLES: I AM OPEN TO THINGS BEING DIFFERENT THAN THEY WERE. Nothing needs to be as it was. The first step in creating the new is dropping the notion that what already exists is inevitable going forward . Today I am open to new possibilities, allowing the universe to move through me in creating new patterns of goodness for myself and others. I will not hold on to thoughts that bind me to the limits of my past.
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 2.6.14 February 6, 2014
1. “As long as you feel guilty, your ego is in command, because only the ego can experience guilt. This need not be.”
2. The highest form of human intelligence is to observe yourself without judgement. ~ Krishnamurti
3. “The more you struggle to live, the less you live. Give up the notion that you must be sure of what you are doing. Instead, surrender to what is real within you, for that alone is sure….you are above everything distressing.” ~ Baruch Spinoza
4. Here’s a concept you won’t want to forget: passion always trumps excuses. Keep in mind that when I use the word passion, I’m not referring to the romantic notions that this concept conjures. Instead, I’m equating it to a vigorous kind of enthusiasm that you feel deep within you and that isn’t easy to explain or define. This kind of passion propels you in a direction that seems motivated by a force beyond your control. It’s the inner excitement of being on the right path, doing what feels good to you, and what you know you were meant to do.
It’s my contention that the mere presence of passion within you is all you need to fulfill your dreams. Remember that God is in no need of excuses, ever. The creative Divine Spirit is able to manifest anything it contemplates, and you and I are the results of its contemplating itself into material form. Thus, when we have an emotional reaction that feels like overwhelming passion for what we’re contemplating, we’re experiencing the God within us…and nothing can hold us back.
Passion is a feeling that tells you: This is the right thing to do. Nothing can stand in my way. It doesn’t matter what anyone else says. This feeling is so good that it cannot be ignored. I’m going to follow my bliss and act upon this glorious sensation of joy.
When you’re enthusiastic, nothing seems difficult. When you have passion, there are no risks: family dramas become meaningless, money isn’t an issue, you know that you have the strength and the smarts, and the rules laid down by others have no bearing on you whatsoever. That’s because you’re answering your calling—and the you who is doing the answering is the highest part of you, or the God within.
The presence of passion within you is the greatest gift you can receive. And when it’s aligned with Spirit, treat it as a miracle, doing everything you can to hold on to it. ~ Wayne Dyer
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 1.4.14 January 4, 2014
1. Your Essence: Your essence is unbroken, whole, dynamic and creative. It but awaits your trust. ~ Paul Ferrini
2. It is not so much a matter of seeking as it is a matter of allowing, recognizing and accepting what is, has always been, and will always be. It is not so much seeking as it is a matter of stepping back and getting out of the way. ~ Thanks Benny YOU ROCK
3. If we so much as think a negative unloving thought about another they can feel it, and at some level they know it. This blocks the light and delays the work of this Great Awakening. Don’t do that. As we see and think of another, we see and think of our self.
4. If our focus is on the world we see around us, or on concerns about the body/ego identity that we think we are, then sadness and despair is likely to be our experience. If our focus is on the light and peace within, and we allow that inner light to shine on the world that we see, then our experience is going to be joyful. Joy is always associated with that inner radiance.
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 10.30.13 October 30, 2013
1. “Every problem has a gift for you in its hands.” ~ Richard Bach
2. “Too many of us are not living our dreams because we are living our fears.” ~ Les Brown
3. “What is it we are questing for? It is the fulfillment of that which is potential in each of us. Questing for it is not an ego trip; it is an adventure to bring into fulfillment your gift to the world, which is yourself. There’s nothing you can do that’s more important than being fulfilled. You become a sign, you become a signal, transparent to transcendence; in this way, you will find, live, and become a realization of your own personal myth.” ~ Joseph Campbell, Pathways to Bliss
4. The best way to get rid of the pain is to feel the pain. And when you feel the pain and go beyond it, you’ll see there’s a very intense love that is wanting to awaken itself. — Deepak Chopra
5. Today We Affirm: I’m always at the right place, at the right time. Through the power of my Mind, I leave my worries all behind. Thanks Jacob
6. “The beauty you see in me is a reflection of you.” ~ Vanna Bonta
Thoughts and Quotes of Today 9.23.13 September 23, 2013
1. Out of Darkness into Light: When we embrace our own darkness and find the light within, we begin to see the light in others and to see the shadow with compassion. We are no longer intimidated by a world in which violence seems to prevail, for we understand that this is but a symptom of the separated self. We hear the heart-rending cry for love, not dissimilar from the one that came from our own lips when we were feeling the pain of separation. ~ Paul Ferrini
2. Stop hanging onto that story about being unfairly treated and unloved. You cannot be unfairly treated. It’s your dream. You wrote the script, and you asked for the experience that you had. And the love and appreciation that you didn’t get is what you failed to give.
3. Suffering is not God’s will for you. It is not about giving up or escaping the suffering. It is about no longer identifying with anything that can suffer.
4. Many of US are obsessed with worry about our future, but this is why many of US live joyless lives. However, when we can find JOY in the present moment and every present moment from here on, we are creating a joyful (Joy full) future.
5. The fact that I can plant a seed and it becomes a flower, share a bit of knowledge and it becomes another’s, smile at someone and receive a smile in return, are to me continual spiritual exercises. ~ Leo Buscaglia