A Course in Miracles L e s s o n 48: There is nothing to fear.
1 The idea for today simply states a fact. It is not a fact to those who believe in illusions, but illusions are not facts. In truth there is nothing to fear. It is very easy to recognize this. But it is very difficult to recognize for those who want illusions to be true.
2 Today’s practice periods will be very short, very simple, and very frequent. Merely repeat the idea as often as possible. You can use it with your eyes open at any time and in any situation. It is strongly recommended, however, that you take a minute or so whenever possible to close your eyes and repeat the idea slowly to yourself several times. It is particularly important that you use the idea immediately should anything disturb your peace of mind.
3 The presence of fear is a sure sign that you are trusting in your own strength. The awareness that there is nothing to fear shows that somewhere in your mind, not necessarily in a place which you recognize as yet, you have remembered God and let His strength take the place of yours. The instant you are willing to do this there is indeed nothing to fear. ~ Original Hand Script of ACIM
Thought for Today 2.17.15 February 17, 2015
A Course in Miracles L e s s o n 48: There is nothing to fear.
Thought for Today 12.2.14 December 2, 2014
The person who loves what is makes use of anything life happens to bring her way, because she doesn’t con or fool herself. What comes her way is always good, even though people may say otherwise, she sees clearly. There is no adversity in her life. The only adversity in her life is lived out through others’ experience, the old ones that now are only familiar to her. As she became enlightened to the way of it, others learn the way of it. There is no adversity. Someone tells her, “I’m leaving you” she feels the excitement rising within her, as she can see only the advantages in that. Someone says, “I’m joining you,” and she can see only the advantages in that. What could be a more powerful experience than silence? “He’s joining me now.” What could be a dearer experience than him joining me? He’s leaving. She loses her eyesight. No she doesn’t. She has come to see that it’s not possible. The faces are no different than the leaves on a tree. It’s all in her mind. Her mind is everything. And then surgeries come into play – wonderful surgeries that are stable and effective. She doesn’t need the eyesight, and there’s nothing she can do not to see what she is to see. The way of it is always dearer than our thoughts about it. And our thoughts about it are all that is of the way of it. She is in them idle of the dearest life, as she is working away on her computer, and her son comes to visit. That turned out to be the deadline, not what she thought it was. She loves her deadlines, they’re always on time. She, like everything else, is the beautiful simple flow of the way of it. ~ Byron Katie on: ‘She doesn’t con or fool herself’
Thought for Today 12.1.14 December 1, 2014
There is only fear. There is not a ‘fear of the dark’ or a ‘fear of flying’ or even a ‘fear of death’. There really is only fear. That fear is to be taken to a state other than what I know and have known all my life even if the state I am in now is experienced as awful. The ultimate fear I must confront is the fear of Love. In Love my “self” made identity is shown to me as meaningless and I do not trust my true identity yet…. ~ Thank you Diederik
Passage for Today 10.28.14 Day 28 of our 30 Day Commitment to PEACE October 28, 2014
Quotes for Today 9.18.14 September 18, 2014
“You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean, in a drop.” ~ Rumi
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, ‘Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?’ Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won’t feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” ~ Marianne Williamson – Return to Love
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 2.18.14 February 18, 2014
1. “It’s always the story of a future. If you want fear on purpose, get a plan.” ~ Byron Katie
2. “Be still. It takes no effort to be still; it is utterly simple. When your mind is still, you have no name, no past, no relationships, no country, no spiritual attainment, no lack of spiritual attainment. There is just the presence of beingness with itself.” ~ Gangaji
3. What you love prospers: What you deeply value has your loving attention. It is nurtured, watered, and brought into fullness. It does not happen overnight. It does not happen exactly how or when you want it to. But it does come into being when conditions are right. ~ Paul Ferrini
4. We can’t change what’s going on around us until we start changing what’s going on within us. Our thoughts/thinking!! And we can just stop thinking… we START to choose thoughts that make us feel good… what thoughts are you thinking today that makes you feel bad?? is there another thought you could be thinking??? Do you need help with your thinking?? Send me an email, I am willing to help..
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 1.28.14 January 28, 2014
1. We simply do what is in front of us to do at any given time. We watch it all unfold without regrets or expectations – without trying to understand it, give it meaning, or judge it in any way. And regardless of what may seem to be happening, we abide in the peace of an awareness of our eternally changeless reality.
2. It’s not that bad things don’t seem to happen anymore. After enlightenment bad things still “seem” to happen. It’s just that we no longer judge whether it is good or bad, and so to us it is neither. We simply accept whatever seems to be happening knowing that nothing is happening, and we are not even the one it may seem to be happening to.
3. Do not judge another as being unworthy of love, for you are judging yourself. Do not compare or compete. Who are you comparing? Who are you competing against? There is only you. Be gentle, patient, kind and tolerant. Let your words reflect only mercy. Teach only love. See the perfection in another (the Christ) and you will find it in yourself.
4. Judgment is when I see in a way that would have me believe in what is not true – in a way that would have me withhold love.
5. We are awake in the dream when we know that it is just dreaming and we are no longer deceived – we no longer give it meaning or judge it in any way. Awake enough to see glimmerings of light beyond the appearances and to feel the joy associated with our awareness of an inner radiance. Awake enough to be aware of Love.
6. We are manifesting things and experiences all of the time. That’s what dreamers do. But most of it is according to old default settings. Our fears, judgments, guilt and grievances have been a part of us for so long that we are not aware of what our minds are doing and manifesting. It takes some willingness and vigilance to become aware and to change – to choose Peace, Love and Gratitude each moment. Thanks Benny
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 12.12.13 December 13, 2013
1. When we realize we are worthy of living a Beautiful Life, we won’t let anything or anyone stand in our way.
2. “May you always do what you are afraid to do.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. If you want to be successful, you must respect one rule NEVER LIE TO YOURSELF Paulo Coelho
4. “Remind everyone close to you to be themselves, and tell them that you love them just the way they are! They’re perfect and so are you. There’s nothing not to love. Most suffering stems from feeling “less than.” You aren’t less than anything or anyone! You are complete.The only thing you need to learn is that you already are what you’re seeking to attain.! Just express your uniqueness fearlessly, with abandon! That’s why you’re made the way you are, and that’s why you’re here in the physical world.” ~ Anita Moorjani from Dying To Be Me
5. IF IT FEELS RIGHT FOR YOU, this is a Link to a 30 minute talk… of a 23 yr old who american who became the mother of 30 in Nepal… I have been to Nepal… had wanted to work with the kids there but landed in PV instead and got to live that dream.. http://www.karmatube.org/videos.php?id=4344
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 12.11.13 December 11, 2013
1. Sometimes we hold a core belief that is very strong. When we are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, we will rationalize, ignore and even deny anything that does not fit in with the core belief.
2. Mind offers you a life with death at the end of it. But the Heart offers you life without end. You choose. If you choose Heart, then you become Heart. When you become Heart, mind will also become Heart. But you must make the first move. ~ Mooji
3. When Christ warned us that we cannot serve two masters, I believe he was talking about Love or fear. There comes a time when messing around with Mr. In-Between, a little of both, becomes intolerable. I’ve reached that point. No more serving fear as if it was my master, holding hands with it, and gripping it as if it offered me safety and structure in the world. I’m holding hands with the ways of love. ARE YOU WITH ME? Thanks Scott
4. Learning to say No Clearly: When you don’t want to do something, say “no” clearly. A simple “no” said clearly from the heart can prevent the drama of self-abuse. When we no longer betray ourselves by saying “yes” when we want to say “no”, we will no longer attract people into our life who will disrespect our boundaries. ~ Paul Ferrini
5. There is NO cruelty in God/Creator/Spirit/Source therefore there is NONE in ME…