“I think we should be born with a warning label similar to the ones that come on cigarette packages: Caution: If you trade in your authenticity for safety, you may experience the following: anxiety, depression, eating disorders, addiction, rage, blame, resentment, and inexplicable grief.” ~ Brene Brown The Gifts of Imperfection
Thought for Today 12.2.14 December 2, 2014
The person who loves what is makes use of anything life happens to bring her way, because she doesn’t con or fool herself. What comes her way is always good, even though people may say otherwise, she sees clearly. There is no adversity in her life. The only adversity in her life is lived out through others’ experience, the old ones that now are only familiar to her. As she became enlightened to the way of it, others learn the way of it. There is no adversity. Someone tells her, “I’m leaving you” she feels the excitement rising within her, as she can see only the advantages in that. Someone says, “I’m joining you,” and she can see only the advantages in that. What could be a more powerful experience than silence? “He’s joining me now.” What could be a dearer experience than him joining me? He’s leaving. She loses her eyesight. No she doesn’t. She has come to see that it’s not possible. The faces are no different than the leaves on a tree. It’s all in her mind. Her mind is everything. And then surgeries come into play – wonderful surgeries that are stable and effective. She doesn’t need the eyesight, and there’s nothing she can do not to see what she is to see. The way of it is always dearer than our thoughts about it. And our thoughts about it are all that is of the way of it. She is in them idle of the dearest life, as she is working away on her computer, and her son comes to visit. That turned out to be the deadline, not what she thought it was. She loves her deadlines, they’re always on time. She, like everything else, is the beautiful simple flow of the way of it. ~ Byron Katie on: ‘She doesn’t con or fool herself’
Thoughts for Today 8.29.14 August 29, 2014
Byron Katie on “After Life:
The woman interviewing me today asked if I believed in an afterlife. I said yes, completely, and no, completely. The afterlife is now, and everyone talks about believing in now until they see it as just another concept that isn’t true and eventually they begin to see that actually now is the afterlife that they always wondered about. She asked me why I believed in the afterlife and what is the afterlife, and it never ceases to amaze me that the obvious is not understood. Why do I believe in the afterlife? This moment is after the past and that makes this moment the only afterlife possible to “not” believe in, because that now is gone, and so is this one. Poof! Live, a slight of mind, until it’s not.
The afterlife is what happened after I brushed my teeth this morning.
This moment ends my whole life. Finally I am living in the afterlife.
You, as you believe you to be, have never been born, you are a mere ghost of your own imagination.
What to see and experience the after world? This is it! It happens in the afterlife. It’s happening now, it happens each moment. I call it heaven! Are you there yet?
Thought for Today 7.26.14 July 26, 2014
“Placing the blame or judgment on someone else leaves you powerless to change your experience. Taking responsibility for your beliefs and judgments gives you the power to change them.” – Byron Katie Use your words to bless your future.
Thought for Today 5.21.14 May 21, 2014
That is the real secret. To accept what happens as perfect synchronicity in your life. Regardless of how good or bad you perceive those experiences to be, they would never happen in the first place if not meant towards your highest good. Your life has always been perfect for you and it always will be.
Thought for Today 5.20.14 May 20, 2014
“How many of your issues stem from ‘other people’? When you realize you are the common denominator amongst all of your experiences, it is about you, not ‘them’. This empowers you, because healing is in your hands, not ‘theirs’. When we blame we give away our power. When we take ownership, we heal.”
Thought for Today 4.12.14 April 12, 2014
Never mind what-is. Imagine it the way you want it to be so that your vibration is a match to your desire. When your vibration is a match to your desire, all things in your experience will gravitate to meet that match every time. -Abraham
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 2.27.14 February 27, 2014
1. “There is a huge amount of freedom that comes to you when you take nothing personally.” ~Don Miguel Ruiz
2. Experiencing Joy: You cannot experience Joy in Life by following or opposing the ideas and actions of other people. You experience Joy only by remaining faithful to the truth within your own heart. ~ Paul Ferrini
3. That romantic, special and exclusive one-on-one stuff that the world has taught us is love is not love at all. It’s just an attempt at ego support and defense (but it does offer valuable learning opportunities). Real love is not special or exclusive in any way. It demands nothing in return. Real love extends to, embraces and includes all without exception.
4. Just a reminder: Be not tempted to see yourself as unfairly treated. Don’t blame, judge, condemn, fear or attack. Don’t compare or compete. Don’t correct or try to fix your brother. That’s not your job. Forgive and ask for help to see the Christ in the other. Greet each other with a smile. Treat each other as you would want to be treated. Love one another. Let this be the essence of your spiritual practice, for it is only your Self that you meet and it is your Self that you would find and know.
5. Today We Affirm: I expect a day of answered prayers and open doors. I am aligned with the Divine Presence, radiating clarity, poise, peace and Power. Everything I need comes to me easily, effortlessly and in perfect timing. I enjoy working with Life to create my world each day. There is nothing too good to be true, nothing that cannot happen for me or through me. I greet each day with love and joy in my heart and Life expresses goodness through me. I look for and find the good in all people I meet today. I call it forth by my Holy Intention. Through me, Life is creating a wonderful day of answered prayers and limitless good for all.
6. This is a POWERFUL AUDIO of Byron Katie doing “The Work” with a Lovely woman on judging her friend for being “negative” I love the laughter and Joy that comes from questioning our “stressful” thoughts http://www.thework.com/audio/bestfriendnegative.mp3
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 2.15.14 February 15, 2014
1. Don’t wait for people to be friendly. Show them how.
2. It matters not who you love, where you love, why you love or how you love, it matters only that you Love. ~ John Lennon
3. Our own Unique Journey: Each one of us has a unique journey. Even if we travel a well worn path, we must go at our own pace and have our own experiences. We cannot do this if we let others rush us or hold us back. When we are feeling uncomfortable with the direction or the pace, we need to speak up. Our journey will be authentic and true only if we have the courage to be honest about who we are. ~ Paul Ferrini
4. “There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance. We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections. If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create. Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life.” ~ John Lennon
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 11.10.13 November 10, 2013
1. Being at Peace: We don’t come to peace by trying to change others. We come to peace by being peaceful in our own hearts and minds. The goal of peace and the process of peace are one and the same. ~ Paul Ferrini
2. Today We Affirm: People are wonderful, Life is good,and God is guiding me. I am drawing all the very best out of everyone I meet as I focus my attention and open my heart to their goodness. Each day my joy and peace are growing as I choose to experience the very best of Life that lies before me. I tell my truth quickly, live authentically from Source and release all others to live exactly as they choose without attachment. I am grateful, happy and filled with Joie de Vivre! ~ Jacob Glass (I went to see Jacob at Unity yesterday morning, he was celebrating 23 years of teaching here in Santa Barbara, he spoke for 2 1/2 hours straight, it was an amazing GIFT I gave myself)
3. A relationship is what the ego uses as external validation supporting the idea of specialness and separateness, and it is what the Holy (Wholly) Spirit would use to teach us that we are love and love is one.
4. The ideal relationship is not a matter of one being dependent upon the other to get something. It is when two or more come together for the increased joy of sharing what each already has and is. And love is all there is. Love and joy are a package deal.You cannot have one without the other, and both are increased when shared. ~ Thanks Benny