Passage for Today 10.28.14 Day 28 of our 30 Day Commitment to PEACE October 28, 2014
Thought for Today 7.29.14 July 29, 2014
Once you commit and are determined to seek and serve only God/Good/Divine Love/Source and the greater good your whole act gets cleaned up. Addictions to substances and hurtful relationships easily fall away. Your needs are miraculously met. Your way of serving only separate interests is lost, but a new way is made straight and all obstacles removed. It’s no longer about the survival and comfort of a separate little you – it’s about healing a bigger all-inclusive YOU.
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 3.25.14 March 25, 2014
1. I’m not interested in the story of your incredible awakening. I’m not impressed by how much you’ve read and memorised about enlightenment, how many Sanskrit works you can regurgitate, how many gurus’ feet you’ve sat at, how many books you’ve written. I’m not interested in your glorious visions of other realms, your clever second-hand philosophies, your unshakeable mental conclusions.
I don’t want to hear how much you adore me, how beautiful you think my words are, how close you feel to me when you gaze at my photo. Sorry, but that is all romantic hogwash, personality worship – nothing to do with Truth. I care about you too much to buy into your projections, to fuel your flight from yourself, to fan the flames of unrequited love.
I am only deeply interested in who you really are before you start to hide behind your image. I love you too much to pretend. Make me into a god, and I will only disappoint you. The most loving thing one could ever hear. ~ Jeff Foster
2. Marry Your Self: You are going to be with you for all of eternity. There is no way for you to ever escape yourself. Wherever you go, there you are. And until you can make peace with yourself, it will be nearly impossible to make peace with anyone else. Too often relationships in your world are used as an attempt to get away from yourself by “joining” with another. This is merely a distraction. Relationships between two whole beings is delicious and can be very fruitful – between those who feel incomplete, they can be very messy and even quite destructive.
We suggest that regardless of whether you ever marry another person or not, that you marry yourself as well. Too often humans treat themselves like a roommate they have at least mild contempt for – looking in the mirror and calling her fat, old, lazy and stupid – doing things just to make her shut up or to placate her – indulging her rather than actually cherishing her and giving her something of true value.
Remember, the seeming world outside of you will treat you the way you treat yourself. YOU are the one who sets the tone and leads the way. No one can give you what you are unwilling to give yourself. Someone can tell you all day long how wonderful, limitless, beautiful, capable and brilliant you are, but until YOU are willing to BELIEVE it and say it to yourself, their words will be like booze to an alcoholic – it will never satisfy or quench you and you will just want more and more and more.
To marry yourself requires no ceremony but it might be very helpful for you to write vows just the same. Take yourself to have and to hold, to love and honor, to walk with and support all the days of this life and beyond. Begin to romance and woo yourself daily as you would someone you met whom you wanted to have an intimate loving relationship with – never criticize or condemn. Never withhold or lie to – and never give up on. Treat yourself as the valuable treasure you would want a “soulmate” to – and never settle for less from yourself.
The fact is, you are in a LONG-term committed relationship whether you have wanted to admit it or not. Now the question is, what have you been committed to doing? Brow-beating, judging, punishing, pushing, resisting? You ARE your soulmate. No one is coming along to save you or to complete you. In fact, you don’t need saving, but you may need to recognize that what you’ve been seeking has been here all along. Call off the search. Bring in the dogs. Let the honeymoon begin. ~ Jacob Glass
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 3.6.14 March 6, 2014
1. “When we share the particular gifts that we have been given, we free our life force from its cage of separation. If we were born with a song in our heart, then we must sing it; if there is a vision in our soul, then we must live it. When we express fully all that we are, we participate in the flow of life. We are not meant to sit on the sideline, passively watching others live. We are meant to be vehicles through which our spirits can flow outward to life.” – John Robbins
2. When you finally get it that the Universe is only answering your vibration, then you understand that if you are victim to anything, it’s only your haphazard offering of vibration. The real desire that is being born within you is, “I want to vibrate on purpose. I want to set my Tone. I want to conclude and decide and offer it consistently and then watch the results of it.” You cannot get it done, ever, and you cannot get it wrong. So you might as well relax and start having fun with this. -Abraham
3. “When we’re true to ourselves, we become instruments of truth for the planet. Because we’re all connected, we touch the lives of everyone around us, who then affect others. Our only obligation is to be the love we are and allow our answers to come from within in the way that’s most appropriate for us.
Finally, I can’t stress enough how important it is to enjoy yourself and not take yourself or life too seriously. One of the biggest flaws with many traditional spiritual systems is that they give you such a somber outlook. Although you know that I abhor creating doctrines, if I ever had to create a set of tenets for a spiritual path to healing, number one on my list would be to make sure to laugh as often as possible throughout every single day—and preferably laugh at myself. This would be hands down over and above any form of prayer, meditation, chanting, or diet reform. Day-to-day problems never seem as big when viewed through a veil of humor and love.” ~ Anita Moorjani
4. Ponder these three statements:
1) You are doing this to yourself.
2) The you that seems to be having these adventures in space and time is not really you.
3) The place where it all seems to be happening does not exist. Now let’s get real…
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 2.27.14 February 27, 2014
1. “There is a huge amount of freedom that comes to you when you take nothing personally.” ~Don Miguel Ruiz
2. Experiencing Joy: You cannot experience Joy in Life by following or opposing the ideas and actions of other people. You experience Joy only by remaining faithful to the truth within your own heart. ~ Paul Ferrini
3. That romantic, special and exclusive one-on-one stuff that the world has taught us is love is not love at all. It’s just an attempt at ego support and defense (but it does offer valuable learning opportunities). Real love is not special or exclusive in any way. It demands nothing in return. Real love extends to, embraces and includes all without exception.
4. Just a reminder: Be not tempted to see yourself as unfairly treated. Don’t blame, judge, condemn, fear or attack. Don’t compare or compete. Don’t correct or try to fix your brother. That’s not your job. Forgive and ask for help to see the Christ in the other. Greet each other with a smile. Treat each other as you would want to be treated. Love one another. Let this be the essence of your spiritual practice, for it is only your Self that you meet and it is your Self that you would find and know.
5. Today We Affirm: I expect a day of answered prayers and open doors. I am aligned with the Divine Presence, radiating clarity, poise, peace and Power. Everything I need comes to me easily, effortlessly and in perfect timing. I enjoy working with Life to create my world each day. There is nothing too good to be true, nothing that cannot happen for me or through me. I greet each day with love and joy in my heart and Life expresses goodness through me. I look for and find the good in all people I meet today. I call it forth by my Holy Intention. Through me, Life is creating a wonderful day of answered prayers and limitless good for all.
6. This is a POWERFUL AUDIO of Byron Katie doing “The Work” with a Lovely woman on judging her friend for being “negative” I love the laughter and Joy that comes from questioning our “stressful” thoughts http://www.thework.com/audio/bestfriendnegative.mp3
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 2.17.14 February 17, 2014
1. A clear mind heals everything that needs to be healed. It can never be fooled into believing that there is one speck out of order. ~ Byron Katie
2. We can make up any story we want. None of our stories are true…
3. Fear reLIES on the limited interpretation…
4. One of the best ways to gain self-confidence is to do what we are afraid of doing.
5. Relax without laziness… Focus without tension… Perceive without projecting.. Witness without judging… Enjoy without craving… Reflect without imagining… Love without condition.. Give without demanding… Receive without possessing… Serve without self-seeking… Challenge without dominating…Meditate without identity… Correct without blaming… Overcome without pride…Laugh without cynicism… Cry without pity… Confront without hatred… Guide without superiority… Be without self-defining… Live without arrogance… Enter without self-importance… Depart without regret… Be one with God ~ Mooji
6. Today We Affirm: There is a Dynamic Power and Presence in the Universe that I call God. God is good. Life is good – and I am good. I am not weak, nor damaged, not insane, nor a sinner. I am capable and powerful. I am a Child of the God of Love. All things are possible for me and I create a wonderful life for myself through this Divine Love within me. My heart is full of overflowing Love for all of Life. Love is everywhere and I am lovable and loving. Today I am channeling this Love, therefore my Presence is healing, soothing, uplifting and joyful to those around me. Today is a delightful day of unfolding good. ~ Jacob Glass
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 1.29.14 January 29, 2014
1. True Giving: True giving is an overflowing of your Love. You don’t feel that you are being depleted when you give in this way. In fact, you feel energized, because the Love you give away returns to you through the gratitude of others whom you have touched. ~Paul Ferrini
2. Bless each thought that engenders fear, gently kissing it on the forehead just as the sleeping child. Resistance cannot reveal rightmindedness.
3. The way to save a meaningless world is to just let it be meaningless. I am the one who gave it meaning when I ate of the fruit of the tree of knowledge of good and evil. That gave me strange ideas – opposites, duality, and the ability to judge. By letting it be meaningless I remove all judgment, and where there is no judgment there is no world.
4. Today We Affirm: I am living in a Spiritual Universe, formed from loving Thought. My thought is creative and is creating my world today. Today I choose grateful, joyous, and loving thoughts as I know that these thoughts will be reflected back to me. I do not have to design the ways and means for this is an Intelligent Universe that knows HOW and when and where. My part is to align myself with my greater good as I RELAX and allow in calm expectancy – my heart and mind open and receptive. This is a day of divine fulfillment and limitless possibilities for good. I happily participate as I allow my Creative Imagination to vision only the best knowing there is no need to worry or rush. The Universe has perfect timing and knows where to find me. My faith and belief in the good are growing and expanding daily. There is no opposite to this Divine Power and Presence. All is well in me and in my world.
5. “Faith is the bird that feels the light and sings when the dawn is still dark.” ~ Tagore. Faith represents a deep Trust that speaks to me when i lose sight of who i am in Truth. Thanks Diederik
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 1.12.13 January 12, 2014
1. If perfect love casts out fear, And if fear exists, Then there is not perfect love. But only perfect love really exists. If there is fear, It creates a state which does not exist.
2. Healing is not about fixing something that appears to be broken. It’s about reminding ourselves of the wholeness that already resides within. ~ Emmanual
3. One of the most painful comparisons and judgments that I make is when I compare how I did today with how much better I did it before. Another dig that the ego employs resulting in me condemning myself for not achieving a better result. Yet even this test of perfect peace must be passed if I am to leave such nonsense behind. If I truly put it all in the hands of Divine Love then what’s the problem?
4. I am only dealing with another forgiveness opportunity because I am seeing through the eyes of judgment (personal opinions and positions). If I do not give any of it any meaning to begin with, then I will not always find myself needing to forgive… “I am never upset for the reasons I think.”
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 1.10.13 January 10, 2014
1. We talk to ourselves constantly and most of the time we say things like, “Oh, I look fat, I look ugly. I’m getting old, I’m losing my hair. I’m stupid, I never understand anything. I will never be good enough, and I’m never going to be perfect.” Do you see how we use the word against ourselves?” ~ Don Miguel Ruiz
The following is a BEAUTIFUL “Truth” written a few weeks back by Regina Dawn Acres. If you have not heard of Regina, she is a wonderful “example and Teacher/Student” of ACIM and has a wonderful book she calls NTI but it is actually titled “Holy Spirit’s Interpretation of the New Testament” when I first heard of this book, I was a bit put off as many of you know I am not a strong “Bible” person… but someone I now respect as a teacher was teaching this in our ACIM study group I was attending while living in Sedona, in my head I was judging this person and book being “studied” in our ACIM group and it is a funny story of the silliness of contempt prior to investigation. Once I opened the book and Bill started to speak, my feathers smoothed out and I became instantly relaxed with the words he was reading in the chapter “Luke”. Regina also wrote the “The Teachings of Inner Ramana” which is another precious but much thinner book which comes with 3 CD’s so you can listen to it too… Regina has many youtube videos and a website as well as Facebook page. If it feels right for you and you would like to hear more feel free. Please know, this is not a promotion as I have no link with or to her, other than supporting and believing in her message… I simply wanted to share her writing with you all this morning and thought I would add my “experience” with her, with YOU all… Much Love Given and Received, Faith
2. “I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe.” ~ Tenzin Gyatso, (14th Dalai Lama)
One week ago today I took a vow to be happy for the rest of my life no matter what. I knew as I took that vow that happiness would not always feel like the emotion of “Oh goody!” Sometimes life just doesn’t call for that. Sometimes life calls for something else like solemn respect, compassionate caring, peaceful mourning, rooted resolution or quiet change.
As I took my vow, I realized that true deep-in-the-heart happiness is always tuned inwardly. From there, it honors all experiences and resists none. It is always open and welcoming. But it can cry. It can let a feeling of disappointment pass through. It can be very, very still because anything but stillness would judge the appearance that is currently present. It can wait without reaction for inner wisdom to speak.
I think this is what the 14th Dalai Lama was pointing to in the quote above. If he found himself picking up the bodies of children after a war-action in a village, he would not say “Oh Goody!”, nor would I. But maybe he wouldn’t be afraid to look because he could look without judgment or hate; he could look with some realization that every unfolding in the universe is moving humankind toward the realization of its truth, which is forever present, forever open, forever loving. Solemn heart-centered realization, when it is called for, may be one face of happiness.
As I write this, I am reminded of Awakening Together’s fifth core value: “We accept all forms as temporary appearances permitted through enduring awareness of Self. We live this value by honoring all appearances and all experiences while continually reflecting on changeless truth.”
I have a lot of “Oh goody!” experiences, and that feeling of “Oh goody!” is increasing. Today I feel “Oh goody!” about the prospect of cleaning up the house after Christmas, doing some laundry, running errands and baking turkey pot pie. “Oh goody!” is becoming a primary experience. But it isn’t the only face of happiness. If I make the mistake of thinking “Oh goody!” is the only face of happiness, I may find myself closing to life experiences that are calling for a different welcoming response in me.
Great love and happiness, everyone.
3. Giving without Resentment: We may think that we are being generous to others, but when we resent them for not responding to us in kind, we need to question our own motives. Did we give unconditionally or did we give to get something back? Did we feel good in giving or did we feel that we were making a sacrifice? Only our honesty here can tell us whether or not our gift was genuine. If it was, we won’t resent it. If we resent it, chances are the gift was not given freely. ~ Paul Ferrini (worth the repost)
4. Meeting Our Fear with Compassion:
When you are feeling fearful, your only constructive course of action is to recognize your fear, realize that you are incapable of making good decisions, and begin to work on accepting your fear and moving through it.
Here are four simple steps:
1. Recognize your fear. Notice the signs that fear is coming up: shallow breathing, pounding heart, nervousness, anxiety, attack thoughts, anger.
2. Recognize that the solution your ego offers is motivated by fear and it can’t bring you peace.
3. Accept your fear. Get your arms around all of it. Say to yourself “It’s okay that I’m afraid.” Don’t try to make the fear go away.
4. Tell yourself “I don’t have to decide anything now. I can wait until my fear subsides to make any decisions that need to be made.” ~ Paul Ferrini
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 1.8.14 January 8, 2014
1. “Each of us must confront our own fears, must come face to face with them. How we handle our fears will determine where we go with the rest of our lives. To experience adventure or to be limited by the fear of it.” ~ Judy Blume
2. Plant the seeds of intentions, nourish them with tender loving care and they will soon manifest in abundance…
3. We Affirm: Today I am going with the flow of good. I relax into the Divine Presence where I receive Guidance and direction from an Infinitely Loving Source. I release all resistance and allow this day to unfold before me, knowing that the Universe is a friendly loving space of infinite potential for good. There is nothing to resist, nothing to make happen. I am cooperating with the Divine Will, which is that I become happier with each passing day. I pay attention to the beauty all around me and consider each a gift from Life to me. I am blessed. I am grateful. I am loved. ~ Jacob Glass
4. We’ve all experienced trauma because we exaggerated a problem rather than calmly let our inner wisdom guide us. We’re only an impulsive thought away from a flurry of problems. Likewise, we’re only an instant away from peace and enlightenment. The quiet mind will be ever present if that’s our wish.
5. The mind sees only the past when choosing to define each situation by what it thinks to know. Fresh vision arises only from an unlimited awareness. Thanks Pamela