The Plan for Your Awakening: Everything that happens to you is part of the plan for your awakening, including those challenging events that force you to shift out of your inertia and self-limiting behavior patterns. From the depth of your soul, you call out for growth. You pray to be released from your burdens and to discover and express your gifts. From deep within your pain you call for peace. From deep within your co-dependency, you call for the courage and the freedom to be yourself. ~ Paul Ferrini
Thought for Today 6.27.14 June 27, 2014
Life is just waiting for YOU to show up..
Are you ready to Fall in Love with your Life again???
Our dreams and desires already exist in the state of potentiality—desires for prosperity, wholeness, loving
relationships, life purpose and fulfillment, compassionate service to others—they are either manifesting
in our life right under our somewhat narrow and limited vision or they exist in the darkened corner of our
soul’s inner life, waiting for us to turn on the light of awareness and bring them into view.
There is no good or bad, right or wrong. All that is beautiful and peaceful and joyous IS right here before
you, not waiting off somewhere in a distant time or place. Joy – Love – Fulfillment these are not things
one accomplishes by ‘good’ planning or ‘good’ work nor things that come as a reward for cleaning up
your ‘bad’ past. They are ways of Being and Choosing – Now, Right Here. The state of Being that we
hunger for is only covered over temporarily by a mind (ego) that wants to be in control. Meanwhile our
heart aches for freedom. Choose your heart’s message and melt away the resistances of mind. Choose to
uncover Joy, Freedom, Love, Forgiveness, Peace, Gratitude – these things that remind us of our Power,
our Source, our Inner Beauty, our True Essence, our Divine Nature.
Though our coaching conversations may cover many things: situations, expectations, plans and actions,
the coaching relationship exists at a level much deeper than these apparent topics. As our hearts lock
in on a synchronous vibration, you will find yourself remembering who you really are and why you are
here. Decisions and choices are not difficult then but appear obvious and natural. Action steps unfold
spontaneously and intuitively. Part of my job will be to hold you accountable for the planned actions –
and you will let me know HOW you like to be held accountable. Are you ready to begin again on the path
If you would like to discover how “Sharing a Touch of Faith” Coaching might assist you, I
invite you to schedule your Exploration Session.
Please contact me @ firstname.lastname@example.org or call 480 409 4332 and leave a message
Thought for Today 5.11.14 May 11, 2014
There are few things more uplifting than connecting deeply with another- feeling like you “get” each other. May your weekend include moments where you feel that another “gets” you – where you are given the opportunity to really “get” another. Sometimes, it starts with holding ourselves tenderly, so we ourselves really “get” the small glorious human being we are. ~ Oriah
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 3.17.14 March 17, 2014
1. “I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it’s the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It’s probably the most important thing in a person.” ~ Audrey Hepburn … Laughing infuses every single cell in our body with Love.
2. Sometimes your only available transportation is a Leap of Faith. ~ Margaret Shepard
3. To love is to recognize yourself in another. ~ Eckhart Tolle
4. Love is not selective, just as the light of the sun is not selective. It does not make one person special. It is not exclusive. Exclusivity is not the love of God but the “love” of ego. However, the intensity with which true love is felt can vary. There may be one person who reflects your love back to you more clearly and more intensely than others, and if that person feels the same toward you, it can be said that you are in a love relationship with him or her. The bond that connects you with that person is the same bond that connects you with the person sitting next to you on a bus, or with a bird, a tree, a flower. Only the degree of intensity with which it is felt differs. ~ Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now
5. “I’ve heard people say that they cling to their painful thoughts because they’re afraid that without them they wouldn’t be activists for peace. “If I feel peaceful,” they say, “why would I bother taking action at all? My answer is “Because that’s what Love does.” To think that we need sadness or outrage to motivate us to do what’s right is insane. As if the clearer and happier you get, the less kind you become. As if when someone finds freedom, she just sits around all day wiith drool running down her chin. My experience is the opposite. Love is action.” ~ Byron Katie
6. When you say, I enjoy doing this or that, it is really a misperception. It makes it appear that the joy comes from what you do, but that is not the case. Joy does not come from what you do, it flows into what you do and thus into this world from deep within you. The misperception that joy comes from what you do is normal, and it is also dangerous, because it creates the belief that joy is something that can be derived from something else, such as an activity or thing. You then look to the world to bring you joy, happiness. But it cannot do that. This is why many people live in constant frustration. The world is not giving them what they think they need. ~ Eckhart Tolle
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 1.10.13 January 10, 2014
1. We talk to ourselves constantly and most of the time we say things like, “Oh, I look fat, I look ugly. I’m getting old, I’m losing my hair. I’m stupid, I never understand anything. I will never be good enough, and I’m never going to be perfect.” Do you see how we use the word against ourselves?” ~ Don Miguel Ruiz
The following is a BEAUTIFUL “Truth” written a few weeks back by Regina Dawn Acres. If you have not heard of Regina, she is a wonderful “example and Teacher/Student” of ACIM and has a wonderful book she calls NTI but it is actually titled “Holy Spirit’s Interpretation of the New Testament” when I first heard of this book, I was a bit put off as many of you know I am not a strong “Bible” person… but someone I now respect as a teacher was teaching this in our ACIM study group I was attending while living in Sedona, in my head I was judging this person and book being “studied” in our ACIM group and it is a funny story of the silliness of contempt prior to investigation. Once I opened the book and Bill started to speak, my feathers smoothed out and I became instantly relaxed with the words he was reading in the chapter “Luke”. Regina also wrote the “The Teachings of Inner Ramana” which is another precious but much thinner book which comes with 3 CD’s so you can listen to it too… Regina has many youtube videos and a website as well as Facebook page. If it feels right for you and you would like to hear more feel free. Please know, this is not a promotion as I have no link with or to her, other than supporting and believing in her message… I simply wanted to share her writing with you all this morning and thought I would add my “experience” with her, with YOU all… Much Love Given and Received, Faith
2. “I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe.” ~ Tenzin Gyatso, (14th Dalai Lama)
One week ago today I took a vow to be happy for the rest of my life no matter what. I knew as I took that vow that happiness would not always feel like the emotion of “Oh goody!” Sometimes life just doesn’t call for that. Sometimes life calls for something else like solemn respect, compassionate caring, peaceful mourning, rooted resolution or quiet change.
As I took my vow, I realized that true deep-in-the-heart happiness is always tuned inwardly. From there, it honors all experiences and resists none. It is always open and welcoming. But it can cry. It can let a feeling of disappointment pass through. It can be very, very still because anything but stillness would judge the appearance that is currently present. It can wait without reaction for inner wisdom to speak.
I think this is what the 14th Dalai Lama was pointing to in the quote above. If he found himself picking up the bodies of children after a war-action in a village, he would not say “Oh Goody!”, nor would I. But maybe he wouldn’t be afraid to look because he could look without judgment or hate; he could look with some realization that every unfolding in the universe is moving humankind toward the realization of its truth, which is forever present, forever open, forever loving. Solemn heart-centered realization, when it is called for, may be one face of happiness.
As I write this, I am reminded of Awakening Together’s fifth core value: “We accept all forms as temporary appearances permitted through enduring awareness of Self. We live this value by honoring all appearances and all experiences while continually reflecting on changeless truth.”
I have a lot of “Oh goody!” experiences, and that feeling of “Oh goody!” is increasing. Today I feel “Oh goody!” about the prospect of cleaning up the house after Christmas, doing some laundry, running errands and baking turkey pot pie. “Oh goody!” is becoming a primary experience. But it isn’t the only face of happiness. If I make the mistake of thinking “Oh goody!” is the only face of happiness, I may find myself closing to life experiences that are calling for a different welcoming response in me.
Great love and happiness, everyone.
3. Giving without Resentment: We may think that we are being generous to others, but when we resent them for not responding to us in kind, we need to question our own motives. Did we give unconditionally or did we give to get something back? Did we feel good in giving or did we feel that we were making a sacrifice? Only our honesty here can tell us whether or not our gift was genuine. If it was, we won’t resent it. If we resent it, chances are the gift was not given freely. ~ Paul Ferrini (worth the repost)
4. Meeting Our Fear with Compassion:
When you are feeling fearful, your only constructive course of action is to recognize your fear, realize that you are incapable of making good decisions, and begin to work on accepting your fear and moving through it.
Here are four simple steps:
1. Recognize your fear. Notice the signs that fear is coming up: shallow breathing, pounding heart, nervousness, anxiety, attack thoughts, anger.
2. Recognize that the solution your ego offers is motivated by fear and it can’t bring you peace.
3. Accept your fear. Get your arms around all of it. Say to yourself “It’s okay that I’m afraid.” Don’t try to make the fear go away.
4. Tell yourself “I don’t have to decide anything now. I can wait until my fear subsides to make any decisions that need to be made.” ~ Paul Ferrini
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 1.7.14 January 7, 2014
1. “We are so accustomed to disguise ourselves to others that in the end we become disguised to ourselves.” Francois de La Rochefoucauld
2. Giving without Resentment: We may think that we are being generous to others, but when we resent them for not responding to us in kind, we need to question our own motives. Did we give unconditionally or did we give to get something back? Did we feel good in giving or did we feel that we were making a sacrifice? Only our honesty here can tell us whether or not our gift was genuine. If it was, we won’t resent it. If we resent it, chances are the gift was not given freely. ~ Paul Ferrini
3. We can appreciate people who stimulate our creativity and make us think on a deeper level.
4. Your teachers will meet you wherever you think you are and set the bar a reachable distance above that point. More often than not your greatest teacher is your daily life. The lesson that is before you now is one that you are ready and able to learn. Don’t mess it up or you will just have to take another shot at it later. Thanks Benny
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 4.7.13 April 7, 2013
1.Never underestimate the power of your thoughts….
2. When one realizes one is asleep, at that moment one is already half-awake. P. D. Ouspensky (1878-1947)
3. “As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives.” ~ Henry David Thoreau
4. “If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought.” ~ Peace Pilgrim (Jacob always says something like this “if a tooth fell out every time you had a negative thought, we would stop immediately” but we think it’s as serious as that, so we are not as vigilant with our mind because we don’t always see the immediate consequences of our thoughts)
5. Events are neutral, but our thoughts are not. For our thoughts literally are imbued with the power of creation.