Being REAL: Some of US think that being Spiritual means being positive, but being Spiritual means being Conscious and Aware. To Become Conscious is a much different thing than to become positive. To become Conscious and Aware, we must become Authentic. Authenticity (Real) includes feelings of both positive and negative. (being honest about where we are in the moment and not pretending)
Thought for Today 10.14.14 Day 14 of 30 Day Commitment to Peace October 14, 2014
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 8.17.13 August 17, 2013
1. “When you realize that every stressful moment you experience is a gift that points you to your own freedom, life becomes very kind.” ~ Byron Katie
2. Who is the mind actually speaking to? You assume it is to you, the Self, but is it only to your self-image, the ego which you imagine is your true self. But are you ready and willing to look at this? There is a reluctance to question this, because it feels like gambling with everything you believe you have and are. We want to feel ok, but not k.o. You want to feel ‘okay’ with your projections rather than having them ‘knocked out!’ My encouragement to you is to stop protecting that which is suffocating your true freedom. ~ Mooji
3. This world will always break your heart. You come here looking for love and happiness, and the ego always has you looking in all the wrong places. Funny thing is, when you do finally find it by looking within rather than ‘out there,’ then you see it everywhere.
4. If Love were my only Purpose today, there would be no reason for anything else!
5. Have a holy relationship with wholeness. There really is no other kind of holy relationship. You can do this with or without your special relationship. If you enter into a holy relationship with your special relationship then that special relationship is used by the Holy Spirit to demonstrate and teach only love.
6. When an inner situation is not made conscious, it appears outside of you as fate. ~ Carl Jung
Thought and Quotes for Today 8.4.13 August 4, 2013
1. Do not try to change other people. Do not try to change your circumstances. If you get rid of one set of circumstances, another one of the same nature will pop up later. You can’t get rid of yourself until you change yourself. ~ Robert Adams
2. Give up defining yourself – to yourself or to others. You won’t die. You will come to life. And don’t be concerned with how others define you. When they define you, they are limiting themselves, so it’s their problem. Whenever you interact with people, don’t be there primarily as a function or a role, but as the field of conscious Presence. You can only lose something that you have, but you cannot lose something that you are. ~ Eckhart Tolle
3. “I’ve heard people say that they cling to their painful thoughts because they’re afraid that without them they wouldn’t be activists for peace. “If I feel peaceful,” they say, “why would I bother taking action at all?” My answer is “Because that’s what love does.” To think that we need sadness or outrage to motivate us to do what’s right is insane. As if the clearer and happier you get, the less kind you become. As if when someone finds freedom, she just sits around all day with drool running down her chin. My experience is the opposite. Love is action.” – Byron Katie
4. Quotes on hell:
A. i dreamed i was in hell ~ but once forgiven, it never existed … now there’s only memories of Divine light, peace and gentleness …
B. Hell, you’re in it, until you change your mind. Then you’re not.
C. Those who have been to hell and back are the most useful in helping others to escape from hell. Have you escaped? Are you free? We can use your help.
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 4.28.13 April 28, 2013
1. Try loving everybody. Try loving those you never liked and who don’t like you. Try loving your enemies. Try loving yourself. Try to let the judgments, grievances and guilt go. Just love everybody. You don’t have to say anything to them. Just try it. See if your life doesn’t change. See if you don’t start getting happy for no reason.
2. Look within. This is advice that I hear again and again. When I do look within, this is what I find: there is no world. There are no problems. There is no suffering. There are no questions. There is the peace and a timeless sense of expansiveness, light, love and well being.Thanks Benny
3. “My experience has been that trying to remove negative thoughts and focus on the positive ones just didn’t work for me. Well at least in the long run. I found that the only time I ever suffered was when I attached to some thought that told me something or someone should be different than they are. These were thoughts that once investigated, and seen through, or should I say, seen that they weren’t true, would simply let me go. The circumstance that is happening is Never the problem, only my thoughts about it are. When these thoughts are seen through, where is the problem? Freedom only exists in Complete acceptance of what is, right here in front of me. It doesn’t mean I don’t find myself moving away from someone or a situation. It can now be done without judgments or anger. No judgment, No expectation, No problems.”‘
4. In a particular moment you can stay conscious and open…even with the pain that is here, the hunger that is here. In this moment, pain is the teacher because it pulls your full attention inside it. This discovery is miraculous, startling and always surprising. ~ Gangaji