“To be deeply loved, means a willingness to cut yourself wide open, exposing your vulnerabilities… hopes, hurts, fears and flaws. Hiding behind the highlight reel of who you are, is the real you and that person is just as worthy of love. There is nothing more terrifying or fulfilling, than complete love, it’s worth the risk… reach for it.” ~ Jaeda DeWalt
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 3.25.14 March 25, 2014
1. I’m not interested in the story of your incredible awakening. I’m not impressed by how much you’ve read and memorised about enlightenment, how many Sanskrit works you can regurgitate, how many gurus’ feet you’ve sat at, how many books you’ve written. I’m not interested in your glorious visions of other realms, your clever second-hand philosophies, your unshakeable mental conclusions.
I don’t want to hear how much you adore me, how beautiful you think my words are, how close you feel to me when you gaze at my photo. Sorry, but that is all romantic hogwash, personality worship – nothing to do with Truth. I care about you too much to buy into your projections, to fuel your flight from yourself, to fan the flames of unrequited love.
I am only deeply interested in who you really are before you start to hide behind your image. I love you too much to pretend. Make me into a god, and I will only disappoint you. The most loving thing one could ever hear. ~ Jeff Foster
2. Marry Your Self: You are going to be with you for all of eternity. There is no way for you to ever escape yourself. Wherever you go, there you are. And until you can make peace with yourself, it will be nearly impossible to make peace with anyone else. Too often relationships in your world are used as an attempt to get away from yourself by “joining” with another. This is merely a distraction. Relationships between two whole beings is delicious and can be very fruitful – between those who feel incomplete, they can be very messy and even quite destructive.
We suggest that regardless of whether you ever marry another person or not, that you marry yourself as well. Too often humans treat themselves like a roommate they have at least mild contempt for – looking in the mirror and calling her fat, old, lazy and stupid – doing things just to make her shut up or to placate her – indulging her rather than actually cherishing her and giving her something of true value.
Remember, the seeming world outside of you will treat you the way you treat yourself. YOU are the one who sets the tone and leads the way. No one can give you what you are unwilling to give yourself. Someone can tell you all day long how wonderful, limitless, beautiful, capable and brilliant you are, but until YOU are willing to BELIEVE it and say it to yourself, their words will be like booze to an alcoholic – it will never satisfy or quench you and you will just want more and more and more.
To marry yourself requires no ceremony but it might be very helpful for you to write vows just the same. Take yourself to have and to hold, to love and honor, to walk with and support all the days of this life and beyond. Begin to romance and woo yourself daily as you would someone you met whom you wanted to have an intimate loving relationship with – never criticize or condemn. Never withhold or lie to – and never give up on. Treat yourself as the valuable treasure you would want a “soulmate” to – and never settle for less from yourself.
The fact is, you are in a LONG-term committed relationship whether you have wanted to admit it or not. Now the question is, what have you been committed to doing? Brow-beating, judging, punishing, pushing, resisting? You ARE your soulmate. No one is coming along to save you or to complete you. In fact, you don’t need saving, but you may need to recognize that what you’ve been seeking has been here all along. Call off the search. Bring in the dogs. Let the honeymoon begin. ~ Jacob Glass
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 2.19.14 February 19, 2014
1. There is force in the universe, which, if we permit it, will flow through us and produce miraculous results. ~ Mahatma Gandhi
2. When the heart opens completely, you will stumble upon the most powerful force in the universe ~ your loving eternal presence.
~ Matt Kahn
3. The ship is going by a mighty engine and you are busy rowing. ~ Mooji
4. When we are in our flow, we are too busy being in our flow to need to notice what “others” are doing.
We are too busy in our own ‘power’ to need to.
5. Giving Your Gift: Do not make the mistake of thinking that you have no gift to give. Everyone has a gift. Your gift brings joy to yourself and to others. It helps you step forward and express yourself. It breaks down the barriers of separation, helps you connect authentically with others. ~ Paul Ferrini
6. Don’t ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go to that. Because what the world needs are people who have come alive. ~ Harold Whitman
7. Level One, The Authentic Self: “When we reside in the harmony of our Authentic Self, we have the potential to love unconditionally… if someone were to say or do something insulting when we are residing in Level One, it wouldn’t bother us. Their words and actions would fall off us like loose garments, as there is nothing in us for them to stick to. Because our love is not based on a behavior that we agree with or find acceptable, we love them even through such instances.” – don Miguel Ruiz Jr. The Five Levels of Attachment
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 10.29.13 October 29, 2013
1.”As a Witness, you begin to discover that you are not that which you have been observing; you are not those things that you have been noticing about your body. Instead, you are the Noticer.” ~ Wayne Dyer
2. You are free! You are free to struggle. You are free to follow doubt. You are free to relax. You are free to just be who you are.
3. Don’t be afraid of the space between your dreams and reality. If you can dream it, you can make it so. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
4. Real love is when you’re completely committed to someone or something even when they’re acting or looks completely unlovable.
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 10.25.13 October 25, 2013
1. Learn to be alone and to like it. There is nothing more freeing and empowering than learning to like your own company. ~ Mandy Hale
2. No matter what happens next, you will be richer for it. The Universe
3. There is a complete alternative to the world we think we see, and an existence that is far more expansive and inclusive than the separate little “me” that we think we are.
4. “Nothing needs to be fixed. Everything is unfolding perfectly. So when you stand in your now accepting that all is well, then from that vibration, you become surrounded by more and more evidence that all is well. But when you’re convinced that things are broken, or that things have gone wrong, or that the government is doing conspiracies… then what happens is you get caught up in that vibration, and you begin to manifest that kind of stuff, and then you say, “See, I told you that things were going wrong.” ~ Abraham Hicks
5. It is going to take a miracle because we are the self that keeps us from knowing our Self. Everything we do to further support, assert and defend our “self” only serves to make knowing our Self seem even more difficult. So it is not the seeking but the miracle that reveals the Truth. And it is the intention, wanting, yearning and commitment of the seeker that makes way for the miracle.
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 10.16.13 Giving UP, Surrender October 16, 2013
1. Today I forgive and I am forgiven. I surrender to Spirit all shame, blame and guilt. I am washed clean in the Living Waters as I focus on the good in all creatures. My mistakes do not define me. I have a chance today to begin again. I will not punish myself nor anyone else. By the Grace of God (Good/Source/Creator), this is a day of renewal as I release all attack thoughts & replace them with gentle love. I am guided by Spirit to make good choices and I turn to the Presence within to meet all my needs. I am happy and free in the Peace of God today. Jacob Glass
2. Rather than letting our mind drift from past to future, we can stay ever in the now. Rather than looking only at the world around US, we can look to the light within. Rather than self-centered thoughts concerned only about getting and defending, we can extend Love and nurture Gratitude. Rather than always looking for external stimulation, be content with inner peace. While we are mindful of these things, the rest of our situations will self-correct as we sail into smooth and friendly waters.
3. We are already enough. we are as God/Source/Creator created US. Our worth has been established by our Source. We don’t need to justify, prove or improve anything. We don’t need external validation or Love. We ARE Love. There is no external. We are healed, whole and complete. We are enough.
4. There are only two emotions. If it is not Love, then it is fear. There are only these two. There are many different names for “fear”, i.e., jealousy, anger, guilt – but “fear” is at the core of all that is not Love. To create is to Love. Love is all there is. Love is all that was ever created. Love does not have an opposite called “fear”. Fear was never created. You, as a creation of God/Life/Creator, are an extension of Creations’ Love. If Love is not in our awareness we do not know that which we ARE, which is like being dead. Resurrection and healing is in order. What is not Love is a Call for Love, a shift in perception, which is simply our minds to be healed from our false beliefs.
5. A holy relationship is a relationship where two have entered into an agreement with each other and with the Holy Spirit to give their relationship over to Him for the purpose of healing and wholeness (as opposed to that other purpose of supporting a failing ego). Thanks Benny, You Rock!!
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 7.7.13 July 7, 2013
1. “The mind that accepts attack cannot Love. That is because it believes it can destroy Love, and therefore does not understand what Love IS.” ~ ACIM
2. There can, actually, never be a ‘reason’ to love anyone. If there is a “reason” I am simply satisfied with the bargain. Love is not an experience from person to person but from Self to Self.
3. There is really no need for answers… we can simply let go of the stories and feelings attached to the questions…
4. The stories we tell ourselves divert our attention to really completely give ourselves to self inquiry. Once we are finished with thinking we’ll get true fulfillment from all of the things we try to get fulfillment from, we can discover that what we actually want is Truth. This is a rare moment of spiritual maturity.
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 5.20.13 May 20, 2013
1. That which is seen is the reflection of one’s own consciousness. — Nisargadatta Maharaj
2. “The softest sound is the sound of silence. It’s the soul’s sound. If you believe in the noises of the world rather than in your soul’s silences, you’ll be lost.” ~ Neale Donald Walsch
3. “Acceptance, not Agreement : When your love for your partner is based on acceptance, not on agreement, you have a better chance of creating real intimacy. Contrary to what many believe, a good relationship does not require that you share everything with your partner.
Rather, it requires that you establish a mutual trust with your partner that allows both of you to be Authentic and True to yourselves. To be sure, intimacy comes from the intensity and consistency of your embrace. But it also comes from your willingness to let go and support each other when there are things that you cannot share.” ~ Everyday Wisdom by Paul Ferrini
4. The most brutally honest, loving and freeing sentiment:
“I love you. I respect you. I love being with you, spending time with you. But I do not need you. I do not need you for my contentment. You are no longer responsible for my happiness. Nor have you ever been to blame, or will ever be to blame, for my unhappiness. I release you from the intolerable burden of having to live up to my expectations, of having to change to fit my unending needs, of having to be the one to complete me. I am already complete. I love you. I respect you. As you are.” ~ Jeff Foster