Thought for Today 6.27.14 June 27, 2014
Life is just waiting for YOU to show up..
Are you ready to Fall in Love with your Life again???
Our dreams and desires already exist in the state of potentiality—desires for prosperity, wholeness, loving
relationships, life purpose and fulfillment, compassionate service to others—they are either manifesting
in our life right under our somewhat narrow and limited vision or they exist in the darkened corner of our
soul’s inner life, waiting for us to turn on the light of awareness and bring them into view.
There is no good or bad, right or wrong. All that is beautiful and peaceful and joyous IS right here before
you, not waiting off somewhere in a distant time or place. Joy – Love – Fulfillment these are not things
one accomplishes by ‘good’ planning or ‘good’ work nor things that come as a reward for cleaning up
your ‘bad’ past. They are ways of Being and Choosing – Now, Right Here. The state of Being that we
hunger for is only covered over temporarily by a mind (ego) that wants to be in control. Meanwhile our
heart aches for freedom. Choose your heart’s message and melt away the resistances of mind. Choose to
uncover Joy, Freedom, Love, Forgiveness, Peace, Gratitude – these things that remind us of our Power,
our Source, our Inner Beauty, our True Essence, our Divine Nature.
Though our coaching conversations may cover many things: situations, expectations, plans and actions,
the coaching relationship exists at a level much deeper than these apparent topics. As our hearts lock
in on a synchronous vibration, you will find yourself remembering who you really are and why you are
here. Decisions and choices are not difficult then but appear obvious and natural. Action steps unfold
spontaneously and intuitively. Part of my job will be to hold you accountable for the planned actions –
and you will let me know HOW you like to be held accountable. Are you ready to begin again on the path
If you would like to discover how “Sharing a Touch of Faith” Coaching might assist you, I
invite you to schedule your Exploration Session.
Please contact me @ email@example.com or call 480 409 4332 and leave a message
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 1.10.13 January 10, 2014
1. We talk to ourselves constantly and most of the time we say things like, “Oh, I look fat, I look ugly. I’m getting old, I’m losing my hair. I’m stupid, I never understand anything. I will never be good enough, and I’m never going to be perfect.” Do you see how we use the word against ourselves?” ~ Don Miguel Ruiz
The following is a BEAUTIFUL “Truth” written a few weeks back by Regina Dawn Acres. If you have not heard of Regina, she is a wonderful “example and Teacher/Student” of ACIM and has a wonderful book she calls NTI but it is actually titled “Holy Spirit’s Interpretation of the New Testament” when I first heard of this book, I was a bit put off as many of you know I am not a strong “Bible” person… but someone I now respect as a teacher was teaching this in our ACIM study group I was attending while living in Sedona, in my head I was judging this person and book being “studied” in our ACIM group and it is a funny story of the silliness of contempt prior to investigation. Once I opened the book and Bill started to speak, my feathers smoothed out and I became instantly relaxed with the words he was reading in the chapter “Luke”. Regina also wrote the “The Teachings of Inner Ramana” which is another precious but much thinner book which comes with 3 CD’s so you can listen to it too… Regina has many youtube videos and a website as well as Facebook page. If it feels right for you and you would like to hear more feel free. Please know, this is not a promotion as I have no link with or to her, other than supporting and believing in her message… I simply wanted to share her writing with you all this morning and thought I would add my “experience” with her, with YOU all… Much Love Given and Received, Faith
2. “I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe.” ~ Tenzin Gyatso, (14th Dalai Lama)
One week ago today I took a vow to be happy for the rest of my life no matter what. I knew as I took that vow that happiness would not always feel like the emotion of “Oh goody!” Sometimes life just doesn’t call for that. Sometimes life calls for something else like solemn respect, compassionate caring, peaceful mourning, rooted resolution or quiet change.
As I took my vow, I realized that true deep-in-the-heart happiness is always tuned inwardly. From there, it honors all experiences and resists none. It is always open and welcoming. But it can cry. It can let a feeling of disappointment pass through. It can be very, very still because anything but stillness would judge the appearance that is currently present. It can wait without reaction for inner wisdom to speak.
I think this is what the 14th Dalai Lama was pointing to in the quote above. If he found himself picking up the bodies of children after a war-action in a village, he would not say “Oh Goody!”, nor would I. But maybe he wouldn’t be afraid to look because he could look without judgment or hate; he could look with some realization that every unfolding in the universe is moving humankind toward the realization of its truth, which is forever present, forever open, forever loving. Solemn heart-centered realization, when it is called for, may be one face of happiness.
As I write this, I am reminded of Awakening Together’s fifth core value: “We accept all forms as temporary appearances permitted through enduring awareness of Self. We live this value by honoring all appearances and all experiences while continually reflecting on changeless truth.”
I have a lot of “Oh goody!” experiences, and that feeling of “Oh goody!” is increasing. Today I feel “Oh goody!” about the prospect of cleaning up the house after Christmas, doing some laundry, running errands and baking turkey pot pie. “Oh goody!” is becoming a primary experience. But it isn’t the only face of happiness. If I make the mistake of thinking “Oh goody!” is the only face of happiness, I may find myself closing to life experiences that are calling for a different welcoming response in me.
Great love and happiness, everyone.
3. Giving without Resentment: We may think that we are being generous to others, but when we resent them for not responding to us in kind, we need to question our own motives. Did we give unconditionally or did we give to get something back? Did we feel good in giving or did we feel that we were making a sacrifice? Only our honesty here can tell us whether or not our gift was genuine. If it was, we won’t resent it. If we resent it, chances are the gift was not given freely. ~ Paul Ferrini (worth the repost)
4. Meeting Our Fear with Compassion:
When you are feeling fearful, your only constructive course of action is to recognize your fear, realize that you are incapable of making good decisions, and begin to work on accepting your fear and moving through it.
Here are four simple steps:
1. Recognize your fear. Notice the signs that fear is coming up: shallow breathing, pounding heart, nervousness, anxiety, attack thoughts, anger.
2. Recognize that the solution your ego offers is motivated by fear and it can’t bring you peace.
3. Accept your fear. Get your arms around all of it. Say to yourself “It’s okay that I’m afraid.” Don’t try to make the fear go away.
4. Tell yourself “I don’t have to decide anything now. I can wait until my fear subsides to make any decisions that need to be made.” ~ Paul Ferrini
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 11.8.13 November 8, 2013
1. If we defend ourselves we are attacked. By planning for the defense of a self that we are not we are attacking the Self that we ARE. And if we feel defensive about anything we have identified with a self that we are not.
2. The emptiness I speak about is not the emptiness the mind imagines. It is not blank. Your body can continue expressing in a natural way. Intelligence is there. Emotions can come. Everything can play, but inside there is total serenity and peace. No planning, no strategising, no personal identity is there. Just the space of pure being. It is what we are, but we dream and believe we are not. ~ Mooji
3. Bringing Love: Every block to love lies in your heart and it is there that it must be dissolved. Don’t wait for heaven to come to spread your love around. Do it now. For heaven is in your eyes when you see with compassion. It is in your hands when you reach out to help. It is in your mind when you see “good” instead of “evil.” How you see the world determines what the world will be for you. So do not seek to change other people or the world around you. Look instead only at yourself and you will find the place where Love begins. ~ Paul Ferrini
4. “Once a painful concept is met with understanding, the next time it appears you may find it interesting. What used to be the nightmare is now just interesting. The next time it appears, you may find it funny. The next time, you may not even notice it. This is the power of loving what is.” – Byron Katie
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 6.7.13 June 7, 2013
1. “On the off chance that you’re not going to LIVE FOREVER, why not take a shot at being happy NOW???” ~ Charlie
2. “The amount of Love, kindness, patience I have for others is directly proportional to how much Love, patience and kindness I have for myself, because we cannot give others what we ourselves do not have. And, unsurprisingly, the amount of Love, respect, support, and compassion I receive from “others” is also in direct proportion to how much of the same I have for myself.” ~ Anita Moorjani
3 . Do not react to your feelings… create with them.
4. My happiness depends on me, so you’re off the hook.
5. ” Your salvation comes from you. It has a lot to do with recognizing and releasing everything within you that is not Love. It requires vigilance, awareness and willingness. And you are not going to be able to do it without asking for and accepting help from the Holy(Wholly) Spirit (an alignment with your Higher Self). This is the healing of your mind. This is why you are here.” Thanks Benny
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 5.25.13 May 25, 2013
1. We don’t live the Life we deserve, we live the Life we THINK we deserve…
2. There is no reason not to follow your Heart. ~ Steve Jobs
3. “Anger cannot be overcome by anger. If someone is angry with you, and you show anger in return, the result is a disaster. On the other hand, if you control your anger and show its opposite – love, compassion, tolerance and patience – not only will you remain peaceful, but the other person’s anger will also diminish.” ~ Gautama Buddha
4. Unmasking Truth: All judgments, opinions, interpretations disguise the truth. They are all forms of trespass. As long as you are judging someone, you cannot see the truth about that person. What you see is just a mask. Only when you take your own mask off can you see behind the masks others wear. That’s when you see who people really are. That is when you see others as God sees you. ~ Paul Ferrini
5. Much of the disharmony in relationship can be attributed to our belief in objectivity—the notion that we experience other people the way they really are. When we believe in objectivity, we have difficulty seeing that our thoughts, emotions, and sensations paint others in a way that is unique to us. Our views of other people are shaped by our memories, personal histories, cultures, worldviews, and psychological and emotional traits, along with various other influences. We don’t see others the way they are. We see them the way we are. ~ Scott Kiloby
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 5.22.13 May 22, 2013
1. When you are discontent, you always want more, more, more. Your desire can never be satisfied. But when you practice contentment, you can say to yourself, ‘Oh yes – I already have everything that I really need.’ ~ Dalai Lama
2. In order to become empowered we must let go of victim mentality. This means that I assume full responsibility for everything I experience and/or seems to happen to me. While being careful not to let this be about guilt or blaming myself. It is about seeing what I have thought, felt and done before so that I can make different choices and have a more gentle loving experiences.
3 “When I remember that I am here ONLY to be truly Helpful, life takes on a Graceful ease as I let go of MY way and happily surrender to THE Way. This is not loss, but the greatest gain of all. Remembering that I am part of a huge temp assignment on Earth alleviates the stress of thinking I need to make anything happen, or prevent something from happening. It deconstructs the ideas that create false attachments to people, places, things and accomplishments. It all happens THROUGH me rather than by me. Then, I am able to enjoy the fruits of the Spirit rather than the fruits of my hard labor and effort.
My part is to continually clean up my own Consciousness, my thinking, my attitudes, my focus. Today is yet another opportunity to focus on love, love and more love. Do not let ego steal your joy today. Rest in practicing gentle kind loving downstream thoughts – about yourself, life and all other beings everywhere.” ~ Jacob Glass
4. Just be Love – even if you don’t think the other person deserves it. I mean- who does really deserve it? How does one earn Love anyway? And who is the judge and jury of whether someone deserves it? See, it’s all too complicated- so Just be LOVE!
Ahhhhh…..but not so fast you say. What about the manipulators on street corners wanting you to support their habit, or that guy with a sign using key words like “hungry and veteran”? Or maybe it’s even your own kid, parent or old friend who is undeserving, who has abused you one too many times…..yes, now it’s getting sticky.
Still be nice. Strong, compassionate, courageous, open, generous and firm – nice can look quite different. Hold it up to the light, notice how it changes, feels and acts. Let it become what it needs to be in each moment, but just be sure to give it whether deserved or not.
5. Dear Me, What do you really have to lose by daring to live fearlessly? What would you do differently if you knew you had nothing to lose?? Just wondering…. Love, Me (thanks Jane)