Thought for Today 6.16.14 June 16, 2014
It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. ~ Audre Lorde
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 12.30.13 December 30, 2013
1. Giving without Resentment: We may think that we are being generous to others, but when we resent them for not responding to us in kind, we need to question our own motives. Did we give unconditionally or did we give to get something back? Did we feel good in giving or did we feel that we were making a sacrifice? Only our honesty here can tell us whether or not our gift was genuine. If it was, we won’t resent it. If we resent it, chances are the gift was not given freely. ~ Paul Ferrini
2. Even wanting to be conscious ten minutes from now is hopeless. You can only be conscious now. Everything you want is here in this moment.” ~ Byron Katie
3. The Universe is always speaking to US.. Sending US little re-minders… Call it coincidence or serendipity, it re-minds up to stop, to look around, to believe… to believe in something much much bigger than our stories of “littleness” We can STAND in our Greatness while knowing our Truth…
4. The HOLIEST SPOT ON EARTH…. where an ancient hatred becomes a PRESENT LOVE…
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 12.9.13 December 9, 2013
1. “Fear is the cheapest room in the house. I would like to see you living in better conditions.” ~ Hafiz.
2. Joy unwraps the gift in every moment.
3. “Your Brother’s Call for Help: You can walk on one leg, but it is not as efficient as walking on two. You can live a solitary life, but you won’t grow as much spiritually as you will if you interact with others. To be alone is essential, but never sufficient. No matter how solitary you become, you cannot escape your brother’s call for help. To try to do so is foolish. For it is his call for help that forces you to look at your own anger, fear and guilt.” ~ Paul Ferrini
4. Share of your Self not through mere accomplishments; but by simply being a witness for All Love existing through and beyond you.
5. Seek not to change the world, but choose to change your mind about the world. ~ACIM
6. That which thinks that there is something that it needs to get (a person, thing, situation or event) for its fulfillment, completion and happiness is ego. Spirit (the reality of US) is eternally whole and its joy is complete – Spirit is not aware of a need to get ANYTHING. What does EVERYTHING need?
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 4.16.13 April 16, 2013
1. Happiness is the absence of the striving for happiness. ~ Zhuangzi
2. Rather than curse the darkness, dance in the Light. Celebrate each tiny opportunity for joy in this moment.
3. Let us breathe in Compassion and breathe out Peace…to Boston, and everywhere else. Events like this remind us to make sure our own shadows are acknowledged and re-integrated, and our own egos unstuck and flowing. As we heal our minds, we heal the World.
4. The thing we call Intuition is our Soul… We can Trust it… it has NOTHING to do with our “thinking” or “knowledge” or “studying” or “learning” Our Soul already knows, it’s waiting for US stop our “trying, figuring it out, stratigizing, planning, preparing, searching” and simply go within for the “knowing” too… If we think we have a decision to make, we are thinking with our ego mind… Spirit already knows what to do… get quiet, wait, listen… while we run around looking for the “answers” of life, they are waiting for US to stop our silliness… Happiness, Peace, Joy are waiting for US to join in… Trust the process… we NEED do nothing…
5. When we plant the seed of Love, it is we who blossom….
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 3.22.13 March 22, 2013
1. Ultimately forgiveness doesn’t ask nor expect the world to change; yet, forgiveness simply sets it free.
2. Stay in Your Own Life. Don’t make decisions for other people. That will just take the focus away from your life. Let others find their own way. Support them. Encourage them. Cheer them on. But don’t think you know what’s good for them. You don’t know. When you take inappropriate responsibility for others, you overextend and weaken yourself.
Don’t do that. Let others live their lives. Stay in your own life and make your own decisions. Put your attention where it belongs. Listen to your guidance, honor it, act on it, and be committed to it. That is a full time job. ~ Everyday Wisdom by Paul Ferrini
3. When Life is Sweet, say Thank You and Celebrate…. When Life is bitter, say Thank You and Appreciate the opportunity to move beyond taste…
4. Ego is that part of the split mind that is always looking for external validation and support. Spirit is that part of the mind that rests in peace and certainty. It does not need or seek external validation or support. And it is from that place of peace and certainty that unconditional love inclusively extends to all.
We can only have, what we are willing to give to others. We make room in our heart, for more each time we give away what we want.
Conditional love says, “you do and say what I want you to do and say and I will love you. And you better love me back at least as much as I love you. Otherwise, the deal is off.” Unconditional love is extended without the need to get anything in return.
5. You’re doing fine. You’re doing better than you know. Whatever you think should be otherwise, should not. You re in the stream of perfection. It could not be otherwise. And everything you truly desire, must rush towards you.