No matter how long your journey appears to be – there is never more than this:
one step one breath one moment – Now. ~~ Eckhart Tolle
No matter how long your journey appears to be – there is never more than this:
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 1.2.14 January 2, 2014
1. “The very desire to be certain,to be secure, is the beginning of bondage. It’s only when the mind is not caught in the net of certainty, and is not seeking certainty, that it is in a state of discovery.” ~ Krishnamurti.
The desire for ‘security’ is natural: it is the desire to return to Oneness. The ego’s response to that desire is where the challenge lies: it will tell me to seek for certainty in the illusion, any illusion. Anywhere but where it can be found: in the relinquishment of my self made identity. Thanks Diederik
2. Anyone can be a miracle-worker — anyone who chooses to be. Anyone can hear the sound of an ancient melody that calls to all of us, beckoning us to remember who we Truly are and what power we have. ~ Marianne Williamson
3. Unity Consciousness: Sometimes words get so confusing you just have to toss them away and get quiet. It doesn’t matter what you call it when you get quiet. Call it being. Call it witnessing. Call it time-out. The idea is to sink down beneath the layer of mind that wants to define everything and know what to expect from life before it happens.
Unity consciousness is not dualistic or exclusive. In unity consciousness, black and white are mutually valid assumptions, and there are infinite shades of gray. People ask for a step by step approach to unity consciousness, but all you can give them is step one: get quiet. Turn your attention inward. Breathe and be. The rest will take care of itself. ~ Paul Ferrini
4. “Many who would like to heal themselves want to know how to go about things like “trusting in your own healing,” “letting go and allowing healing,” and “accessing your place of healing.” Are these platitudes of any use to the average person? People who want to heal their bodies need to know how to put such things into practice.
A: I don’t like to advocate a set methodology, instructions, or anything like that, because if I do, I’m only creating more dogma, and the whole point is to be free of that. I do suggest, however, not viewing illness or symptoms as “something to be gotten rid of,” like an enemy. This a fear based reaction. For me, the appearance of these symptoms is my body’s way of trying to heal me. I know that if I try to eliminate the illness with an adversarial attitude, I end up doing the opposite, antagonizing it and embedding myself deeper into the illness mind-set.
This doesn’t necessarily mean that you don’t go and see a doctor. I’m purely referring to how I view disease or physical manifestations of the body. The idea is not to obsess about it and have your days revolve around doing things for the sole purpose of getting rid of the illness. It’s actually far more productive to distract yourself and stay occupied with activities that stimulate you in a positive, creative way.
As far as I could, I’d try to free myself from needing my health to be a certain way in order to find happiness and just create joy in the moment, as though I were already healthy. Living in the present means not carrying any emotional baggage from one segment of time into the next. Every instant is unique and can’t be replicated. It’s our choice whether to carry our fears with us, keeping us stuck in illness.
You don’t have to be a spiritual guru or anything. Just make the most of every minute, living it to the fullest and doing things that make you happy, whether you have a month to live or 100 years.” ~ Anita Moorjani
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 10.7.13 October 7, 2013
1. An exercise in letting go need not be painful as long as it is filled with the willingness to see with an Open Heart.
2. “People are afraid to be nothing. But being nothing is only one aspect of it. Not only is it nothing to be afraid of, it’s a cause for celebration. Without your stressful story, there is no stress — obviously! When you don’t believe your thoughts, there’s only laughter and peace. There are names for a place like that. I call it heaven. And how can people know what nothingness is while they still believe what they think? ‘Something is better than nothing’ — can you absolutely know that that’s true?” – Byron Katie
3. “You can’t make a wrong decision, you can only experience the story arising about how you did it. I like to ask, “Are you breathing yourself?” No? Well, maybe you’re not thinking yourself or making decisions either. Maybe it doesn’t move until it moves, like a breath, like the wind. And you tell the story of how you are doing it to keep yourself from the awareness you are nature, flowing perfectly.” ~ Byron Katie
4. Whenever I find myself having to correct another, I have been pulled out of my own business. This is just another ego ploy to make me right and another wrong, thus keeping this illusion of separation going…
5. If it feels “right” for you, do yourself a favor and sign up for the Best of Hay House World Summit online seminar today starting in 5 Days. There are 35 FREE conversations filled with practical advice with zero selling just great advice that you can apply to improve your life.
My conversation will take place Oct 17, but you can hear a preview by signing up today.
Another great conversation included in the summit is with Esther Hicks who reveals so many personal processes as well as a conversation with Abraham (this is an amazing conversation no one should miss it).
Also you get amazing information from my great friends Deepak Chopra, Bruce Lipton, and Carolyn Myss again all for FREE. Sign up at http://www.hayhouseworldsummit.com
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 8.22.13 August 22, 2013
1. “When you no longer put your energy into seeking approval, you can open your arms to criticism and see it as a gift, instead of as something to disprove or defend against. When you’re genuinely humble, there’s no way that criticism can hurt you; it becomes obvious, through your own experience, that it can only help you. This is how clarity takes on life as effective action, so that you are kind to others and kind to yourself. Defense is the first act of war. Through you, I will come to know myself. It’s called integrity. I am all things. If you say one single thing that I have the urge to defend, that thing is the very pearl waiting inside me to be discovered.” Byron Katie
2. Misperception: As long as you do not perceive reality accurately you will attract a correction to that misperception. Often you interpret the correction as an attack.
It isn’t. It is an opportunity for you to see the distortion that fear has created in your thinking and to correct your vision so that you can see what is really there. ~ Everyday Wisdom by Paul Ferrini
3. “And let us rejoice that there is an answer to what seems to be a
conflict with no resolution possible. All things are possible to God.” – A Course in Miracles
4. “If you feel qualified to judge someone, you really have no mirrors in your home, or in your soul.”
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 7.10.13 July 10, 2013
1. “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
2. While we are trying to control everything, we enjoy nothing. We are learning to relax, breathe, let go and live in each moment…
3. “Whatever the present moment contains, accept is as if you had chosen it. Always work with it, not against it. Make it your friend and ally, not your enemy. This will miraculously transform your whole life.” -Eckhart Tolle
4. We can learn that faith means trusting in advance what will only make sense in reverse..
5. We are supported by forces seen and unseen…. While all I see is PART of ME…
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 4.23.13 April 23, 2013
1. Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, But beautiful old people are works of art. ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
2. ego is impatient because it knows it’s time is limited… Spirit is patient because it knows it is Eternal
3. When we try to control everything, we enjoy nothing. We could instead relax, breathe, Release and LIVE in each MOMENT
4. Why do you stay in prison when the door is so wide open? As you start to walk out on the way, the way appears. ~ Rumi
5. Swim out of your little pond. ~ Rumi