“I think we should be born with a warning label similar to the ones that come on cigarette packages: Caution: If you trade in your authenticity for safety, you may experience the following: anxiety, depression, eating disorders, addiction, rage, blame, resentment, and inexplicable grief.” ~ Brene Brown The Gifts of Imperfection
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 5.22.13 May 22, 2013
1. When you are discontent, you always want more, more, more. Your desire can never be satisfied. But when you practice contentment, you can say to yourself, ‘Oh yes – I already have everything that I really need.’ ~ Dalai Lama
2. In order to become empowered we must let go of victim mentality. This means that I assume full responsibility for everything I experience and/or seems to happen to me. While being careful not to let this be about guilt or blaming myself. It is about seeing what I have thought, felt and done before so that I can make different choices and have a more gentle loving experiences.
3 “When I remember that I am here ONLY to be truly Helpful, life takes on a Graceful ease as I let go of MY way and happily surrender to THE Way. This is not loss, but the greatest gain of all. Remembering that I am part of a huge temp assignment on Earth alleviates the stress of thinking I need to make anything happen, or prevent something from happening. It deconstructs the ideas that create false attachments to people, places, things and accomplishments. It all happens THROUGH me rather than by me. Then, I am able to enjoy the fruits of the Spirit rather than the fruits of my hard labor and effort.
My part is to continually clean up my own Consciousness, my thinking, my attitudes, my focus. Today is yet another opportunity to focus on love, love and more love. Do not let ego steal your joy today. Rest in practicing gentle kind loving downstream thoughts – about yourself, life and all other beings everywhere.” ~ Jacob Glass
4. Just be Love – even if you don’t think the other person deserves it. I mean- who does really deserve it? How does one earn Love anyway? And who is the judge and jury of whether someone deserves it? See, it’s all too complicated- so Just be LOVE!
Ahhhhh…..but not so fast you say. What about the manipulators on street corners wanting you to support their habit, or that guy with a sign using key words like “hungry and veteran”? Or maybe it’s even your own kid, parent or old friend who is undeserving, who has abused you one too many times…..yes, now it’s getting sticky.
Still be nice. Strong, compassionate, courageous, open, generous and firm – nice can look quite different. Hold it up to the light, notice how it changes, feels and acts. Let it become what it needs to be in each moment, but just be sure to give it whether deserved or not.
5. Dear Me, What do you really have to lose by daring to live fearlessly? What would you do differently if you knew you had nothing to lose?? Just wondering…. Love, Me (thanks Jane)
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 4.24.13 April 24, 2013
1. Eyes are useless when the mind is blind…
2. Everything will come in perfect timing…
3. We are free to choose but we are not free from the consequences of our choices… as we awaken/re-member to Truth, we start to see these choices differently and then we can ASK Divine Inner Guidance for ALL consequences to be undone…
4. Remember the High Vibrational Being you Truly Are. You are Light and Energy, not this form that you temporarily occupy…
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 4.4.13 April 4, 2013
1. “You are what exists before all stories. You are what remains when the story is understood.” ~ Byron Katie
2.”You surrender to a lot of things which are not worthy of you. I wish you could surrender to your Radiance… your Integrity… your beautiful human Grace.” Yogi Bhajan
3. “Who am I without my story? New New New.” ~ Byron Katie
4. By BEING our Authentic Self, we allow change in our world that was not here before… While playing a “role” in our “stories of littleness and fear” it is not possible to do this… being aware of the temptation to see ourselves unfairly treated simply means to keep vigilant to the awareness of Truth and Loves presences in each moment… while re-membering if it is NOT Love, it’s a call for Love… not for the seeming “OTHER” but for ourselves… because everything I give, I give to myself… what I put out comes back to me like a boomerang… so IF I don’t like what I am getting, I can look at what I have been giving out into the world… not the situation but the Universe as a whole…