Thoughts and Quotes for Today 3.17.14 March 17, 2014
1. “I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it’s the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It’s probably the most important thing in a person.” ~ Audrey Hepburn … Laughing infuses every single cell in our body with Love.
2. Sometimes your only available transportation is a Leap of Faith. ~ Margaret Shepard
3. To love is to recognize yourself in another. ~ Eckhart Tolle
4. Love is not selective, just as the light of the sun is not selective. It does not make one person special. It is not exclusive. Exclusivity is not the love of God but the “love” of ego. However, the intensity with which true love is felt can vary. There may be one person who reflects your love back to you more clearly and more intensely than others, and if that person feels the same toward you, it can be said that you are in a love relationship with him or her. The bond that connects you with that person is the same bond that connects you with the person sitting next to you on a bus, or with a bird, a tree, a flower. Only the degree of intensity with which it is felt differs. ~ Eckhart Tolle, The Power of Now
5. “I’ve heard people say that they cling to their painful thoughts because they’re afraid that without them they wouldn’t be activists for peace. “If I feel peaceful,” they say, “why would I bother taking action at all? My answer is “Because that’s what Love does.” To think that we need sadness or outrage to motivate us to do what’s right is insane. As if the clearer and happier you get, the less kind you become. As if when someone finds freedom, she just sits around all day wiith drool running down her chin. My experience is the opposite. Love is action.” ~ Byron Katie
6. When you say, I enjoy doing this or that, it is really a misperception. It makes it appear that the joy comes from what you do, but that is not the case. Joy does not come from what you do, it flows into what you do and thus into this world from deep within you. The misperception that joy comes from what you do is normal, and it is also dangerous, because it creates the belief that joy is something that can be derived from something else, such as an activity or thing. You then look to the world to bring you joy, happiness. But it cannot do that. This is why many people live in constant frustration. The world is not giving them what they think they need. ~ Eckhart Tolle
Thoughts and Quotes for Today 1.9.14 January 9, 2014
1. “The Dance is about finding ways to let our essential nature guide our choices and our actions. It’s about honestly looking at the times when it is hard for us to remember and be guided by who we really are- the times when we are tired and hurt, frightened and angry. It’s about the places in this culture where it is easy to become confused about who we are – when we are dealing with money and sex and death and power.” ~ Oriah Mountain Dreamer from THE DANCE
Ah yes, the places where we sink into unconsciousness. How to stay awake to what we are? Well, in part it helps to accept that human beings repeatedly go to sleep & wake up. Oh, I don’t mean to suggest that we can’t ever learn to be more frequently awake – only that trying “harder” won’t necessarily work, & may just stir the fears that make going unconscious likely. It is a steady, gentle practice finding our own way of coming back to center, of grounding & checking in with ourselves, of calming anxiety & letting ourselves BE here. Whether we pray or meditation, follow our breath or consciously move & ground our body. . . . or all of these and more. . . we can come home to ourselves a thousand times a day.
2. OUR MOST FRAGILE VULNERABILITY: If we are able to travel to the very center of our deepest vulnerability, around which we have built up many layers of defenses, and allow it to be there – without doing anything with it, something miraculous will happen. While it will smart initially, travelling to the center of our vulnerability and allowing it to be, will initiate a growth in stature within. When we realize we can give up our most cherished defenses, what we thought was going to flounder and die will actually rise up, much like a tightly-bound bud springing up into bloom at the first sight of Light and Love. So go there now. As we do so, our courage will be rewarded a thousandfold. And if you would like a hand with it, let me know. Thanks Daniel..
3. The goal of our spiritual journey is not about being a successful human being having more serial adventures in space/time. It is about going beyond illusions – beyond that mistaken idea of being a separate mind contained in a body seemingly living in a world of opposites, separation and death. It’s about becoming aware of our Self as an infinite and eternal being.
4. Miracles transcend the body. They are sudden shifts into invisibility, away from the bodily level. That is why they heal. ACIM T-1 I.17