1. Usually when we are sad it is because we are focusing on the exclusive story of little you, rather than on the magnitude of the inclusive wholeness of you. We know we are making progress when our little story does not concern us the way it used to. There is something much larger, expansive, certain and joyful in our awareness.
2. We are making choices every moment – choosing to forgive or hold grievances – to serve separate interests or the greater good – choosing love or fear – strength or weakness – to be aware and present or to let our mind wander, etc. The purpose of learning is to be aware and to make better choices – choices that lead to peace, freedom and an awareness of Love – choices that render a state of mind that is ripe for a shift in awareness – a broad expansive re-association of the mind that is all-inclusive.
3. The middle way is pretty much like being in the world but not of it. We still seem to be here but we are no longer deceived by any of it. We no longer feel threatened or fearful. We may appear to participate but we are not concerned about results. We smile a lot more as our light blesses the world. And absolutely nothing disturbs our peace.
4. Byron Katie is masterful at unraveling the mind: “As long as we’re at war with our own minds, we’re at war with the world and with the whole human race. Because as long as we want to get rid of our thoughts, anyone that we meet is likely to become an enemy. There is only one mind, and people are going to tell us what we haven’t dealt with yet in our own thinking. “You’re fat. You’re stupid. You’re not good enough.” If you are an enemy to your own mind, other people have to become enemies too, sooner or later. Until you understand, until you can love the thoughts that appear in your mind, then you can’t love the rest of us. You work with the projector — the mind — not the projected world. I can’t really love you until I question the mind that thinks it sees you outside itself.” -Arjuna Ardagh “The Translucent view”
5. Thank you, Thank You , Thank YOU…