1. If we are unhappy without a relationship, we’ll probably be unhappy with one as well. A relationship doesn’t begin our life; a relationship doesn’t become our life. A relationship is a continuation of life. ~ Beyond Codependency
2. Being with someone you have nothing in common with might be the best learning experience you can have at this time. That which you think you have nothing in common with is your own stuff being projected out there. When it is time for things to change, or for you to move on, it will be a no-brainer….
3. The world is a perfect outward picturing of what you are holding in your mind. Trying to change the world is like going up to the screen upon which the movie is being projected in an attempt to change the movie. It will not work. The old movie has to be removed from the projector (your mind) in order to allow for the projection of a different movie.
4. Take a mental inventory and see how many different things are lurking there in your mind that give you an uneasy negative feeling – worry about the finances – still pissed at the ex – feeling guilty about the kids – concerned about that pain in the left knee, etc., etc.. Any chance you can get a broom and sweep these upsets, big and little, out of the temple? They will not go away by pretending not to notice them. Best to look at them and bring them to the light.
5. It is not selfish to seek the healing of your mind. Minds are not separate, and when you are healed you are not healed alone.
6. “The ego analyzes; the Holy Spirit accepts.” ~ A Course in Miracles